Grand Avenue Depot

DOB2RTO

I checked the pick boards and Grand Avenue is part of the merged pick with TA Brooklyn, 126st, and MaBSTOA. I really didn't check before as I am only interested in Kingbridge depot.

The routes that will run out of Grand Avenue is: B15, B24, B39, B43, B47, B48, B51, B57, B60, B61, and the Q59.

Fresh Pond is basically going to be "wiped out" after Grand Avenue opens it seems like.

I doubt it, the Grand Ave is really meant to ease the congestion between all of the depots and serve as a new CMF for NYCTA. A lot will be going on though once that depot opens though, thats for sure.

Thanks for the update but do you know when the picks are? It seems like they are finally making progress on Grand Ave after all, I heard for a while that they were delayed again. Again thanks for sharing.

The pick has started in October. People already picked into that depot. They have "PICKED" stamped on jobs already. Of course all the shifting jobs are long gone.

Fresh Pond is losing 5 out of 13 1/2 of its routes according to the original post, however you may be right, we'll just have to wait until the depot opens to know for sure.

One thing that I was thinking is that, what if with those five routes, FP gave up all of their remaining RTS's (non hybrids) and then they can be an all hybrid depot. Would a plan like this make sense? Also thanks DOB for the reply.

Fresh Pond is basically going to be "wiped out" after Grand Avenue opens it seems like.

U still have all the work horses of FP, the B26, B38, B52 and they get the B20.that means no more split with ENY the Heaviest line out of Grand is the B15.the rest mines the B60 don't get busy outside of rush hours so it will be alright.

Archived