LIRR riders behaving badly

Trainspotter

I'm not very familiar with the LIRR, but I can tell you about a number of experiences I've had with people on the Metro-North. What gets me the most is (I'm generalizing here, of course, so no offense to any of you who might be frequent MNR riders) their pretentious, snobbish attitude. It's the "I've-Left-The-City-And-Own-My-Own-Suburban-Home-And-That-Makes-Me-Better-Than-You" mentality. God forbid you should interrupt their precious train ride, and all hell breaks loose. For example, I have been told numerous times by other passengers on the Metro-North to lower the volume on my headphones; never once was I asked to do this on a NYC subway or Bronx bus. Furthermore, people from the Metro-North area tend to take a negative view of Bronxites in general, perpetuating the unfair stereotypes of the borough. Even worse, however, are the young children I've seen on those trains (accompanied by their upper-class parents, of course) who seem totally spoiled and have no respect for anyone else.

Now, that's just my opinion. I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me.

I'm not very familiar with the LIRR, but I can tell you about a number of experiences I've had with people on the Metro-North. What gets me the most is (I'm generalizing here, of course, so no offense to any of you who might be frequent MNR riders) their pretentious, snobbish attitude. It's the "I've-Left-The-City-And-Own-My-Own-Suburban-Home-And-That-Makes-Me-Better-Than-You" mentality. God forbid you should interrupt their precious train ride, and all hell breaks loose. For example, I have been told numerous times by other passengers on the Metro-North to lower the volume on my headphones; never once was I asked to do this on a NYC subway or Bronx bus. Furthermore, people from the Metro-North area tend to take a negative view of Bronxites in general, perpetuating the unfair stereotypes of the borough. Even worse, however, are the young children I've seen on those trains (accompanied by their upper-class parents, of course) who seem totally spoiled and have no respect for anyone else.

Now, that's just my opinion. I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me.

I agree with that all the people that ride MN are pretty snoobish,im not upper class by far but jesus christ if you cant keep your damn kids quiet then how do you expect us not to interrupt there train ride.I took MN during thanksgiving(bad idea) and the train was packed like usual,we get on my mom looks like she is about to apss out becasue the damn subway was slow(S) sits there for 45 mins for a 2mins ride:confused: and this 1 snobbish guy takes up 2 seats,1 for him and 1 for his little frutiy suitcase.My mom was pissed off that no on would offer a seat becasue even a police officer at GCt asked if she was ok but no one on the train gave a **** so we stood in the doorway in the middle of the car riding backwards,and we had a screaming snot bag kid behind us and we had to hear that for about oh however freakin long it takes to get to New Haven,thank god it was express!(still didn't seem it)

That is how H.R. Moneybags act. They have no control over their spoiled children, and they have no respect for anyone they don't know. As for the suitcase in the seats, all one has to do is pick up the suitcase, throw it on the owners lap, and if the owner says anything, just say, did your suitcase pay for a ticket?

I've told a person in one of my rides to please lower their iPod. I'm a big guy either they were totally paranoid that I was going to squash them or they actually felt bad about my grief. You decide.

Now I know not to get you angry or do something wrong....:P

That is how H.R. Moneybags act. They have no control over their spoiled children, and they have no respect for anyone they don't know. As for the suitcase in the seats, all one has to do is pick up the suitcase, throw it on the owners lap, and if the owner says anything, just say, did your suitcase pay for a ticket?

Said it right.

I'm going to have to try that next time a 43-year-old WASP-y lawyer (who lives happily with wife and preppy-looking children) denies me a seat due to the special placement that his oh-so-precious suitcase and laptop computer deserve.

Remember these are the SAME "persons" who get on trains i operate during the AM rush as well..

When i worked the Times Square Shuttle they had me at wits ends sometimes with thier "attitudes" and dont You say ANYTHING back to them..

Not worth the G-2 writing...

Remember these are the SAME "persons" who get on trains i operate during the AM rush as well..

When i worked the Times Square Shuttle they had me at wits ends sometimes with thier "attitudes" and dont You say ANYTHING back to them..

Not worth the G-2 writing...

We get those same snobs on the northern end of the Bx7 and Bx10 lines. They have a direct number to each MTA head, on speed-dial.

Archived