Interesting time at MTA BUS

CPBO

Well it will be very interesting to see what happens with the September pick at MTA BUS.....I hear we at CP will get LGA's Express runs and they will get a couple of our local lines.....102,100,103.....also I hear with this general pick in January alot of guys will be looking to come to CP to work those Express line's.......I just maybe heading to a local line near you....I think I would try out LGA......not to far from CP........

Finally MTA BUS has a contract......too many givebacks....but this union has been selling us out since one can remember........with the reward comes sacrifice....they got what they wanted....Parity.....but I don't think they wanted all the work rules....I am hoping by January some 40 guys retire and move on....so some of us can move up a little bit.......

It will be fun to hear in say 10 years people saying.....do you remember when Queens Surface was doing the q101....and people saying ....no what is a Queens Surface?? ooo It was one of the old private line bus companies........

what's up cpbo, here's how it's going to work.

fall pick c point gets qm 10 & 11, winter pick the rest of the express runs qm 12/22/24/24 wall street. in return lga will get 67/100/102/103/104. i just don't know in what order or if all in one shot, or for what pick. now i don't know if those express lines will maintain a mon-fri schedule or will they run on wknds also.

what's up cpbo, here's how it's going to work.

fall pick c point gets qm 10 & 11, winter pick the rest of the express runs qm 12/22/24/24 wall street. in return lga will get 67/100/102/103/104. i just don't know in what order or if all in one shot, or for what pick. now i don't know if those express lines will maintain a mon-fri schedule or will they run on wknds also.

Well Triboro senior man some one has fed this info you right on the nail very good info we will get those nice short lefrak and rego park lines in Sept ahhh I cant wait and also we will be rec nice new MCI to go with it by the way I was walking around in C PT depot yard and I came across (A)3200 sitting in

A4 and I was like hmmmm somebody better tell NYCT we got dibbss

but yeh Jan we will be taking the rest GOODBYE locals na na naa na na naa haa haayyy goodbye ;)(K)<R> (1)

Well it will be very interesting to see what happens with the September pick at MTA BUS.....I hear we at CP will get LGA's Express runs and they will get a couple of our local lines.....102,100,103.....also I hear with this general pick in January alot of guys will be looking to come to CP to work those Express line's.......I just maybe heading to a local line near you....I think I would try out LGA......not to far from CP........

Finally MTA BUS has a contract......too many givebacks....but this union has been selling us out since one can remember........with the reward comes sacrifice....they got what they wanted....Parity.....but I don't think they wanted all the work rules....I am hoping by January some 40 guys retire and move on....so some of us can move up a little bit.......

It will be fun to hear in say 10 years people saying.....do you remember when Queens Surface was doing the q101....and people saying ....no what is a Queens Surface?? ooo It was one of the old private line bus companies........

Don't worry CPBO you will be movinn on up,mooovin on up to the top and you will finally get A nice piece of that senoirity And I'll be getting A nice slice of lefrak EXP yum yum dim sum cant wait;) (K)<R> (1)

Some of the B/O's out of LGA aren't too happy about that.

"The Union-Chairs want to protect their Depots because if they don't. THEY ARE FINISHED. Not all but most.

"I don't want to go to C/P depot to make new friends, I want to fall in my own seniority an work an Express run

like i've been doing for the past 11 years straight. I'm not going to be a 28 Year Rookie, It doesn't make sence."

Is it true that for MTA BUS probation only lasts 3 months?:cool:

Some of the B/O's out of LGA aren't too happy about that.

"The Union-Chairs want to protect their Depots because if they don't. THEY ARE FINISHED. Not all but most.

"I don't want to go to C/P depot to make new friends, I want to fall in my own seniority an work an Express run

like i've been doing for the past 11 years straight. I'm not going to be a 28 Year Rookie, It doesn't make sence."

Is it true that for MTA BUS probation only lasts 3 months?:cool:

It was 3 months.....now with the new contract it will be 1 looonngg year.

The most interesting part of this will be the equipment swaps IMO. Too bad the CNG station at LGA burned down. B)

Yae too bad for us.....I wonder if they will make CP a express only depot.....why would they let that big CNG station sit idle?? I don't see it happeing.....I think we will always have a few local lines....25/34....65...66

Hey everyone. My wife works out of the LGA Depot. I hear a lot of talk about the new work rules that will be in play since this new contract is signed. Also about the givebacks that were part of this deal.

To me, and this is based strictly on what my wife has/hasn't heard, there's not a lot of detail as to what work rules will be changed. I heard you guys will have to sit for eight hours, instead of four. Small pieces of information like that, but nothing really concrete saying that this, this and this will be changed. Do any of you guys/ladies on here have any info on that? Would really appreciate it.

On another note, glad you guys got some kind of contract. It's about time you'll get somewhat on par OA/TA - even if it's not REALLY even ground. Doesn't seem 100% fair though....

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.....

There are 22 work rule changes. Did your wife look at the ruling from the arbitrator? It's got some detail, there are others though, like the seniortiy system that the union has to put in place and isn't explained. I would imagine this will be done some time this month or early next month. For example, the report time for the extra board, the relief runs, probationary period etc... They are now at pay parity with the TA/OA, and full integration may happen with MTA Bus contract 2. In my opinion, all bus operators who work for the MTA need to be placed under one union for full integration.

Hey everyone. My wife works out of the LGA Depot. I hear a lot of talk about the new work rules that will be in play since this new contract is signed. Also about the givebacks that were part of this deal.

To me, and this is based strictly on what my wife has/hasn't heard, there's not a lot of detail as to what work rules will be changed. I heard you guys will have to sit for eight hours, instead of four. Small pieces of information like that, but nothing really concrete saying that this, this and this will be changed. Do any of you guys/ladies on here have any info on that? Would really appreciate it.

On another note, glad you guys got some kind of contract. It's about time you'll get somewhat on par OA/TA - even if it's not REALLY even ground. Doesn't seem 100% fair though....

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.....

I am on a TA B/O list(#8006) but if all of the divisions were merged I would pick into LGA depot. This is a very good website that I visit often. Click on the guestbook,most of the people posting on there are senior or retired B/O's.

http://www.jerryswebsite.info/

One B/O who lives 5 minutes away from Eastchester depot in the Bronx has been at Baisley park in Queens for 12 yrs,he says he is tired of the commute. Even if he loses his seniority and has to be at the bottom at Eastchester he doesn't care,he wants to be closer to home,it is messed up.

From what I've heard, the pay parity with TA/OA means that the Private B/O's will have to adopt to the work rules that the TA/OA has had for years. One year probie, eight hour board, TA/OA's been there done that. Essentially it was, "If you want TA pay, you've gotta work by TA rules."

I think the one thing that worries everyone is the new seniority rules. If MTA Bus follows TA/OA rules, there will be one general pick and two/three depot picks per year. That shouldn't be a bad thing.

From what I've heard, the pay parity with TA/OA means that the Private B/O's will have to adopt to the work rules that the TA/OA has had for years. One year probie, eight hour board, TA/OA's been there done that. Essentially it was, "If you want TA pay, you've gotta work by TA rules."

I think the one thing that worries everyone is the new seniority rules. If MTA Bus follows TA/OA rules, there will be one general pick and two/three depot picks per year. That shouldn't be a bad thing.

sorry pal but we had bee under these stupid rules of (MTA)for awile trust me we want to get paid for the same duties NYCT B/O do it;s that simple we drive the same Eqip. and maybe go further in half the time so I don't wanna hear about rules because ain't no damn puppet and these peeps better relax on these stupid rules and when I say stupid B/O know what I'm talking about.

relax (Z) I'm just venting out (A)bit noy at you son (K)<R>(3)(Q)(9)(9)

There are 22 work rule changes. Did your wife look at the ruling from the arbitrator? It's got some detail, there are others though, like the seniortiy system that the union has to put in place and isn't explained. I would imagine this will be done some time this month or early next month. For example, the report time for the extra board, the relief runs, probationary period etc... They are now at pay parity with the TA/OA, and full integration may happen with MTA Bus contract 2. In my opinion, all bus operators who work for the MTA need to be placed under one union for full integration.

Curious: are route transfers allowed between MTA Bus garages and MTA New York City Bus garages? (IMO, the same contract should be put on Long Island Bus as well...with Able-Ride being sent to a contractor.)

• 5 weeks later...

No stopping progress people. Equal pay for equal work brings some rather unwelcome additions. Work rules are just the tip of the iceberg. This is just the start of RBO. Just wait til you have to relieve Bus Ops on their meal trips and do 3 or 4 different lines in one day. And having to take public transportation to make a relief. Get ready.

Archived