Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Brighton Local

Your Transit Memorabilia

That is sweet! I wish I could find more things like that, I wish I had an MTA rule book Aka The Blue Bible.

Heres another little gift I bought myself. The March 1990 325 page booklet on how to operate M-4 EMU Cars.

DSCN8839.jpg

That's sweet right there. Both of you guys operating manuals are sweet.

Why thank you, with it I can answer almost any question about the operation of the R143, so If anyone has any questions go ahead and ask away.

The work flags were found on ebay, the person who had them had no idea where they were from. The R143 book was given to me by a friend of a friend who was working the (L) train because he found out through a friend that I was very much into trains.

Well I don't have route signs but it looks like I need to take a photo opt of every transit thing I have. The challenge is on :D BTW very nice collections.

Ok I finally up loaded pics of my R27/30 route sign.

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

Now I just wish that it have (JFK), (Q), and (Q6), but hey I love this sign.

• Upvote 1

Thanks man, I hope with the scraping of the R32/8 and the R40/2 that they sell the signs from them. I would love a side sign from an R32 or a route sign from an R40. I'll keep wishing.

Thanks man, I hope with the scraping of the R32/8 and the R40/2 that they sell the signs from them. I would love a side sign from an R32 or a route sign from an R40. I'll keep wishing.

Definitely, now thats what im talking about!B)

whats good zach...onof ur signs looks like it was made i think u told me once before that u had em made right?

Yeah, the smaller, rectangular shaped (B)(D)(Q)<Q>(W) Signs , I had made up in a sign shop back in February 2004. The longer and large font reading rollsigns that are displayed in my room with the (F)(N)&(R) on them were purchased off ebay, and they were from the R46s, Post GOH, early 90s.

• Upvote 1

Amazing what we save. I also have most of the subway maps pictured. When I was much younger I also saved bus transfers and a had a collection of most of the Brooklyn ones. I looked at them about 8 years ago and wondered why a lot of the routes and or numbers had changed or were eliminated. Maybe someone from Surface can enlighten me. Us RTO guys don't get much info from other depts.

• Upvote 1