Today on the (V)

R32 3838

Okay This Morning I rode the (V) Train:

4 Trainsets of R32's

mostly R40M/42 mixes

2 R46's

(E) 1-2 R40M/42 Mixes with the rest being R160's

(F) Mostly R46 with 2-3 R40M/42 Mixes along with R160's

(R) Mostly R46's with 2 R42 Sets all day 2 More R42 sets for rush Hour.

So (E) will be R160 and (F) will be R46/R160 this year with the remaining clunkers on the ®/(V)?

Assuming 1 new car added every 2 weeks into service, that means in a month or 2 we will see all R160 on the (E) and R46 + R160 on the (F)?

(F) used to be mostly R46 with a few R32 at times.

(F) looks like it will be R46,R160 very soon. (E) will be R160 very soon.

(V) and maybe the (R) will have those remaining cars till they phase them out and I assume these lines will be R46 or maybe R68 possibly?

From what Ive heard, the (F) will be all 160s & 46s, while the (V) will be getting all the older equipment. The new "One Manager" concept is expanding to the rest of the lines, and the individual responsible for the (F)/(V) had some early input from the field regarding the equipment allocations. Many voiced, the (F) has much more ridership, a much longer run, transverse cabs made for better working conditions and newer equipment means less mechanical problems.. To keep the 46s with the little to no ridership in (V) service has didn't use the cars to their full potential.. Plus, the more problematic SMEEs will be running in just 2 boroughs, not 3, so risk of the service being corrupted is lessened.. As for the equipment changes, I don't really care. I think the GREAT concept tho is, get input from the people who work in the field everyday, and actually USE the information. A really BIG change from past (MTA) behavior.. Hopefully, it will expand to other issues..

i was gonna make this thread!

here's what i saw today.

Queens Plaza around 6:45 AM a R40M (V) pulled in going to Manhattan. Im like oh thats pretty cool. Right behind that...another R40M (V) train on the same side. AWESOME!

Waiting for my train, a R40M (E) pulled in! sweet! Finally my R160A-2 (E) came and I got off at continental. I look to the other side and theres...a R40M (R)! So i saw a R40M on the (E), (V), and (R). Coming back around 3:30 PM, I saw 2 R32 (V) trains.

It was amazing.

you mostly may see all ( 50 R32 car ) will be sent to Pitkin

yard/ 207 street overhaul shop. why , if jamaica yard

is going to recieve option 1 or option 2 order. jamaica yard

will sent all 50 cars R32 to Pitkin yard / 207 street overhaul shop.

Jamaica yard will only carry R46 / R160. and all R40M will be scrapped

be end july. ride R40M when all car get reefed by end of july.

there are 57 R40M running into service in jamaica yard.

Seeing how the topic on hand is the (V), recently I have been pondering why it has to terminate at the the Lower East Side/2nd avenue station when it makes identical stops with the (F) from Rockerfeller Center to the Lower East Side. To boot it is a Queens Blvd local, it would make sense to terminate at Queens Plaza to me, unless I am missing something.

Seeing how the topic on hand is the (V), recently I have been pondering why it has to terminate at the the Lower East Side/2nd avenue station when it makes identical stops with the (F) from Rockerfeller Center to the Lower East Side. To boot it is a Queens Blvd local, it would make sense to terminate at Queens Plaza to me, unless I am missing something.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the G in that most QBL riders don't ride on Crosstown. If the G isn't needed, then the V would take its place. There are more QBL locals that rides on the 53rd St tunnel as well as 6th Avenue.

If it just ran from CTL to Queens Plaza, everyone bound for Manhattan would have to take the (F) or (E) which would overcrowd those lines. They can't run any more express trains on the Queens Blvd tracks since they're already at capacity.

If you're suggesting it run from Queens Plaza to CTL, there is nowhere reasonable to relay that train. I don't believe 5 track north of the station can fit a 10 car train anyway, but more since I'm not 100% sure on that, another reason would be that doing that would involve fumigating the train (all passengers off) before going into the relay which either takes up extra time, or would require a lot of platform C/R's which (MTA) do not want to add.

53rd Street would lose service. (V) replaced the (F) there when 63rd Street opened.

I don't believe 5 track north of the station can fit a 10 car train anyway

5 track QP fits a full consist. The (R) relayed there during a weekend service change a few months ago when it terminated NB at QP. As previously stated, the juggling,manpower, & time to swing trains the other direction won't allow it to be a regular north terminal for any service..

From a rider's standpoint, I dunno if you take the (E)(F)(R) or (V) to the extent of their service on weekday afternoons, but most of that is jam-packed. The (V) is crucial for all those stopping on local QBL stops before Forest Hills on weekdays. Even with all the current service, you know that the (E) during peak hours is a sardine can under QBL.

5 track QP fits a full consist. The (R) relayed there during a weekend service change a few months ago when it terminated NB at QP. As previously stated, the juggling,manpower, & time to swing trains the other direction won't allow it to be a regular north terminal for any service..

Not even for the (G), where passegers are fighting to make the (G) at least go to Queens Plaza?

Not even for the (G), where passegers are fighting to make the (G) at least go to Queens Plaza?

The (G) would have to cross over from 2tk to 4tk to get to 5tk which would delay (E) and (V) service. Then, coming out of 5tk, it would have to cross from 3tk to 1tk to get back to the Crosstown line, delaying (E)(V) and (R) service. So, no, that's not feasible.

The (G) would have to cross over from 2tk to 4tk to get to 5tk which would delay (E) and (V) service. Then, coming out of 5tk, it would have to cross from 3tk to 1tk to get back to the Crosstown line, delaying (E)(V) and (R) service. So, no, that's not feasible.

Are you sure? I don't think it was a huge deal back in the 80s but maybe something will have to explain for the reason why the (G) was pushed back a stop, so I guess that makes sense.

Archived