R62 on Garbage Service??

mark1447

Well how come the MTA installed those yellow and orange boards? Those were supposed to be C/R boards for the (C) I believe because the R40S/R40M/R42 were on the line, but in a week they took them down. There's a stack of them at 14th Street on the southern end of the platform by the southbound express track. So what was the purpose of those?
If you wish to work for the MTA as I think you posted once, you will need to start working on your reading comprehension. As Drew said in his post.
which is why those cars cant run the because the C/R will have to be "in the wrong place" unless the stopping position of the car is changed (remember the C/R has to line up with the conductor's boards), which is what happened and you had people running for the train as much as 120 feet and hurting themselves/complaining.

If you wish to work for the MTA as I think you posted once, you will need to start working on your reading comprehension. As Drew said in his post.

Um, 1: I don't want to work for the MTA. And 2: I was bringing up a different issue, the yellow and orange conductor boards which were taken down. Since it's not being discussed I'd like to know why.

Um, 1: I don't want to work for the MTA. And 2: I was bringing up a different issue, the yellow and orange conductor boards which were taken down. Since it's not being discussed I'd like to know why.
*facepalm* read what I quoted carefully, since the answer you seek is clearly right there.

Wheres the thank you button for this guy?

I "believe" that Harry has setted it for only Transit Employees(Under there occupation in profile), staff and contributing members. Doesn't seem fair tho, it should be expanded you know.!

Since youre new I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and clarify.

Here's what happened:

-It was decided to run R40/R42 equipment on the (C)

-They realized if they did this using the normal stop positions, the conductor would not be lined up with the conductor's boards.

-Because of what I said above about "A" end cabs (operating cabs) not having door controls, it would not be possible to put the conductor in the middle of the train (4 cars in front, 4 in back) because he could stand in there but he couldn't open the doors. He could open the doors somewhere else (a 5/3 or 3/5 position) but wouldn't line up with the boards.

-Therefore the only way to get the conductor to line up with the boards is to move the car's stopping position or place new boards

-Moving the car's stopping position led to people running for the train and hurting themselves/complaining since they had to move quickly to make trains.

-Then someone got smart and realized that with the options: place new boards or move the stopping position, it would just be easier to assign those cars to the (A) or (E) and go with R32/R38 equipment on the (C). Once that was done, extra boards weren't needed.

-Not being able to put a conductor in the middle of an 8 car train is why on the Jamaica line you would see conductor's boards that say R-40/R-42 and others that said R-160 (for when those cars were introduced) because even there new boards had to go up to run NTT's out there since the conductor would go back to the middle on NTT's because he could. And of course those lines ran R40/R42 equipment before, so the older conductor's boards had been set up for those cars. Got it now?

Archived