platform screen doors...

blkfire765

Ding ding ding! Just stay off the tracks. The only thing that belongs in that 4' 8.5" space is a big rolling thing called a train.

:eek: you forgot to leave room for the side excess of the car! Showing off that "standard gauge knowledge" eh? Uh oh control this is the T/O and it appears this train has run aground on the station platform... :P

:eek: you forgot to leave room for the side excess of the car! Showing off that "standard gauge knowledge" eh? Uh oh control this is the T/O and it appears this train has run aground on the station platform... :P
Followed by going down to Livingston for the drug test ;)

A few numbers never hurt nobody.

Well the whole side excess thing and enough room for the train to safely pass by a track gang.

True...unless it's one of those spots with the "blood and bones" on the wall...don't forgit yer portable trips :cool:
I would rather use a foamer as my trip :P His cries as the train squishes him should suffice as a warning for any track gang working there :P

True...unless it's one of those spots with the "blood and bones" on the wall...don't forgit yer portable trips :cool:

What I really can't understand is why the new South Ferry has candy cane striping the whole lenght of the station. Since it is new, I thought that it would be safe.

What I really can't understand is why the new South Ferry has candy cane striping the whole lenght of the station. Since it is new, I thought that it would be safe.

Yeah you would think so. Going to be interesting to see what happens when someone winds up on the roadbed who shouldn't be...but then with no tail tracks the trains are going so slowly entering the station maybe it IS safe after all...

point on, point off

point on, point off

when track/3rd rail maintenance is needed someday going to be interesting to see how they do it...single pocket operation overnights? That's my guess...

Yeah you would think so. Going to be interesting to see what happens when someone winds up on the roadbed who shouldn't be...but then with no tail tracks the trains are going so slowly entering the station maybe it IS safe after all...

point on, point off

point on, point off

when track/3rd rail maintenance is needed someday going to be interesting to see how they do it...single pocket operation overnights? That's my guess...

Yep, single track because the dwell time would mean that it would take the gang all night. Also garbage removal will be a pain in the ass or it will be done so fast that nothing will get picked up because the crews don't have room to clear up and want to be off the track. There are several stations around the system that have candy canes running the whole station such as 14th street (A)(C)(E) and 59th street/ 4th ave (N)(R). Any work on or about the road bed requires full flagging protection because there is no room to clear up. But hay its only the MTA. Remember why Jeff thinks Capitol Projects Managment should have brown hard hats Drew?

Archived