Wheelchairs on the Bx19

sebbieprops

As some of you might already know, I've been riding the Bx19 daily (Monday-Friday) since August 2005.

Right from the start, I've noticed that more wheelchair-bound passengers tend to use this route more than any other route in the Bronx. It can be a real pain, as it can put you way behind schedule. It's not unusual for it to take 30 minutes or more to get from 167th Street to Fordham Road.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this about the Bx19?

Now you know I drive on that line. I had 3 today. My "best" day I had 6. 4 in one round trip, two later on. I usually get one guy on my last trip before I go on break at about 3:30 a.m.. Why is he out there, who knows. We get bums in wheelchairs during the super early morning hours.

I told one dispatcher I feel like breaking their non fare paying legs.

I believe that wouldn't help the matter :P. Nonetheless, I wonder why this might be... more accessible places around perhaps?

That's the joke ;). I think they gather in their accessible underground layer, and plan on which line they want to f up next. If I could find that darn underground layer, I would have the ramps demolished, and steps put in it's place. :mad:.

Just have it so when the bus stops for a person in a wheelchair,make sure its mandatory that if you have a wheel chair and want to ride the bus that they have a chain with them,so they can quickly tie it to the rear bumper so you can just pull them along,and when they want to get off the can simply unhook the chain and the driver can keep going.And if you stop short and they hit the back of the bus,to bad we take no responsibility.

Just have it so when the bus stops for a person in a wheelchair,make sure its mandatory that if you have a wheel chair and want to ride the bus that they have a chain with them,so they can quickly tie it to the rear bumper so you can just pull them along,and when they want to get off the can simply unhook the chain and the driver can keep going.And if you stop short and they hit the back of the bus,to bad we take no responsibility.

They are already in a wheelchair, so they can't be that much more hurt after.

ROFL,hey it would save on the waiting time,just take a sharp turn they continue down the previous street.....

You are so wrong making fun of wheelchair people. Shame on you.:P.

Didn't someone else say something in another thread about demolishing ramps and building steps, a horse running away with their wheelchair "master" tied to it, and a wheelchair "chariot" race where people can bet?

Archived