More SMEEs on the (R)?

someone name the Legendary Ranger changed it

That's FlushingExpress. And there are still R42s on the (R) because I rode one today. I don't know if the consist had R40Ms though because I was in the direct front from Whitehall Street to Ninth Avenue.

R68/68As are not making a comeback on the (W). i have not seen one since early February. if Coney Island is giving up some of its R160s to Jamaica, it is going to get new ones to fill in their place. yes, i did see a few R46s on the (V).

Your telling me you sat down at one station for 24 hours and did not see any R68s on the (W). Coney Island is not giving away any R160s , Jamaica Yard is getting the rest of the R160 order.

Your telling me you sat down at one station for 24 hours and did not see any R68s on the (W). Coney Island is not giving away any R160s , Jamaica Yard is getting the rest of the R160 order.

CI gave away 9123-9162 to Jamaica but other than that CI isn't giving away any more R160s.

Pictures and videos are usually good sources, but they could lead to problems sometimes. I could take a picture of a R32 (R) in May, and post that as proof on wikipedia that they are running in July. Sure, you have your camera post the date on the image, but you can always change the date on your camera.

Don't worry, I got your back. I'll add the sources later on so no one has any reason to change it back. Some people though think pictures are not enough evidence (wtf?).

BTW, for anyone that's interested, the 8:20 and 4:20 out of Forest Hills is an R42. Either the 8:40 or 4:40 out of Forest Hills (forgot what time I saw it) is an R42 as well.

Thanks for the info dude! This tuesday (7/13/09) I'm going to NYC to get my learner's permit, and after that I'll be sure to catch the R42 (R) out of Forest Hills!

Thanks for the info dude! This tuesday (7/13/09) I'm going to NYC to get my learner's permit, and after that I'll be sure to catch the R42 (R) out of Forest Hills!

Tuesday is actually the 14th. I'd know because my mom's birthday is on the 13th, which would be Monday.

i am not pulling information out of my ass. didn't the new GM of queens blvd said he wanted the (R) to be exclusively R46s, the (V) to only use SMEEs, the (E) to be fully R160s, the (F) to only use R46s and R160s? btw, how did you find out who i was on wikipedia?

Don't worry about how I know your usernames in other websites. Read what you posted and look for the keyword in your sentence. Haven't guessed yet? well it's "wanted" as in future tense. The (R) currently still runs R40M/R42s, how do I know? Well because I got a full R42 set on the (R) during rush hour yesterday morning.

there is one way you can stop me. if anyone is the person(s) who keep adding what cars run on which line to wikipedia, do me a favor and stop. car assignments can change without warning and you have no encyclopedic proof what-so-ever on what cars are assigned to which line. photos and videos do not count as valid sources. that is why i plan on removing all car assignment statements from the nyc subway line articles whenever i get the chance.

oh, so now it's FlushingExpress-pedia? Who put you in charge? The point of Wikipedia is for users to share information freely.

hey thats not right to get rid of information of all car assignments from the nyc subway. I just can't take it anymore what you are doing by getting rid of the subway car articles

i am not deleting articles on wikipedia. i do not have the ability to do that. i am just removing the statements that says what cars run on which line, like "The R consists of R46s, R40M/42s, and R32s" or "The A consists of R32s, R44s, and R46s." while the statements do seem generally correct, there is no real proof that they are true. the fact is it is not even important to mention what cars each line uses because most riders do not care. only avid railfans would know this type of information

You are so wrong on so many levels. Photos and videos DOES count as a vailid soure of information. When I was doing research for my ENG 101 research paper, I checked the MLA format of citing sources. The one thing I saw was that videos as well as photos can be used as a source of information.

Don't even try to dispute this post because others will agree with my post. Those photos that I just posted can be used to prove facts about SMEE's on the (V). If you try to disagree with me, you are showing every member here that you are just a foamer who has nothing else to do than attempt to prove everybody else wrong.

no they do not.

1. CI gave up R160s to Jamaica but they were extras that were not needed to make service. The numbers were 9123-9162. There are pics and vids of these cars on the (E).

2. That's what the GM wanted but they allowed exceptions. R42s on the (R) are a common sight, the (V) runs a few R46s, the (F) runs one R32, and the (E) uses one R42 sometimes. I have rode on all of these trains, except for the R42 (E) which I spotted and the R32 (F) which my friend spotted.

3. Photos and videos are more than enough evidence. What more evidence do you need? Car assignment changes are always given "with a warning" on sites like Subchat. Nothing out-of-the-blue has happened in the subway recently so that a picture of it would be inaccurate. Even if something is outdated, that's why pictures have dates on them. BTW, I think I read your bio or w/e on Wikipedia a while ago and it sounds a lot like you...

4. What version of my datasheet are you looking at? The most current one is redesigned and is as of 07/01/09. The one on the NYCTF site is outdated because I've been sending Harry the new versions but he might have problems with the format and putting it onto the site, or maybe he's just too busy. I should PM him on that. But if you want to look at a more accurate version of my sheet then just click on my sig.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=d268djb_4f2wsg5kp

that is the datasheet i am talking about.

That's FlushingExpress. And there are still R42s on the (R) because I rode one today. I don't know if the consist had R40Ms though because I was in the direct front from Whitehall Street to Ninth Avenue.

imdanumber1, can you please explain to everyone wikipedia's policies on reliable sources? you and i seem to be the only ones here who have good knowledge of their rules and regulation.

no, but i have been railfanning on the Broadway Line often and have not seen a single one of the (N) or (W). unless you can find dozens of photos or videos taken within the past month showing R68s on that line, i refuse to believe they are still there.

Pictures and videos are usually good sources, but they could lead to problems sometimes. I could take a picture of a R32 (R) in May, and post that as proof on wikipedia that they are running in July. Sure, you have your camera post the date on the image, but you can always change the date on your camera.

thank you finally!!! and here are some other reasons why photos are not good sources:

1. rollsigns can be wrong

2. photos can quickly become outdated since car assignments can change without warning.

3. any computer genius can tamper with a photo to make something look true when it is not.

4. i was told by an admin that subchat is not even a good source to use for wikipedia.

on the other hand, i think we have totally went off topic, so i am going to say one last thing before a moderator should close this thread, never use wikipedia to verify anything, including subway car assignments!

Some of these General Managers are driving me nuts! WIth all these transfers and crap. I prefered the old (MTA)!

Just keep an assignment and thats it, god!

i am not deleting articles on wikipedia. i do not have the ability to do that. i am just removing the statements that says what cars run on which line, like "The R consists of R46s, R40M/42s, and R32s" or "The A consists of R32s, R44s, and R46s." while the statements do seem generally correct, there is no real proof that they are true. the fact is it is not even important to mention what cars each line uses because most riders do not care. only avid railfans would know this type of information

Could you please tell me where do you get your source, seeing you know too much!

Don't worry about how I know your usernames in other websites. Read what you posted and look for the keyword in your sentence. Haven't guessed yet? well it's "wanted" as in future tense. The (R) currently still runs R40M/R42s, how do I know? Well because I got a full R42 set on the (R) during rush hours.

oh, so now it's FlushingExpress-pedia? Who put you in charge? The point of Wikipedia is for users to share information freely.

The fact of the matter is that it's really hard to track down car assignments for every line. Sure, R160B7183 does a very good job of listing what cars go on what line, but it's still hard because people won't look to him as a reliable primary source (not even a secondary source).

imdanumber1, can you please explain to everyone wikipedia's policies on reliable sources? you and i seem to be the only ones here who have good knowledge of their rules and regulation.

Um, I'm afraid that they're right. Photos and videos do count as sources. Sure, their reliability can be questioned, but if you're researching a bit of news info and come across a CNN video about the information, then you have a source, so why not do the same for Wikipedia?

Some of these General Managers are driving me nuts! WIth all these transfers and crap. I prefered the old (MTA)!

At least these new GMs make sense by putting older equipment with the part time lines. In fact, most of the older equipment are quite unreliable.

Yeah, but information has to be sourced. Thats not me or Flushing express whose saying that. This a rule of wikipedia.

So what's his source? Last time I checked, oral statements are hearsay.

FlushingExpress, you have officially shown that you don't know what you are talking about. I bet if you took ENG 101, you'll fail it in a heart beat. Saying that photos and videos cannot be used as a source is one of the mosy absurd statements anyone can say.

Do yourself a favor, just keep quiet. Before myself along with the more knowledgeable members here make you look bad.

yeah I agree with you on this. Stop thinking you know it all Flushing Express

So what's his source? Last time I checked, oral statements are hearsay.

I wasn't necessarily defending him. It's just that you said wikipedia is a free exchange of information, and I said information has to be sourced. A lot of people don't source when they write on wikpedia. They shouldn't do that.

This is one of the few reasons why I barely edit Wikipedia as much as I used to. I now have full-time access to it, but the users think that they can come about and edit everything to their discretion. Sure, anyone can edit it, but without consensus then your edits are worthless and are likely to get reverted in a heartbeat. Heck, I remember a user back in 2007 that came out of nowhere and made lots of unilateral changes to all of our hard work at the Public Transportation WikiProject, and lots of users got fed up. I almost left twice, until I came to terms that the next time I would leave would be under my decision alone and not under anyone else's influences. So I edited again, but due to limited access, mainly editing with an iPhone, I ceased editing altogether. But since March I have a computer and can edit anything and everything as I please.

Things have slowed down at the project, but it's not abandoned. There are still dedicated users around, and pretty soon I will make a full-time comeback and eventually be an administrator. So to those who are constantly arguing over information and its sources, quit it. Photos and videos' reliability tend to be frowned upon on Wikipedia, but that does not mean that you cannot use them, especially since you can source a claim with a decent photo or video for a paper that one user already stated above.

This is one of the few reasons why I barely edit Wikipedia as much as I used to. I now have full-time access to it, but the users think that they can come about and edit everything to their discretion. Sure, anyone can edit it, but without consensus then your edits are worthless and are likely to get reverted in a heartbeat. Heck, I remember a user back in 2007 that came out of nowhere and made lots of unilateral changes to all of our hard work at the Public Transportation WikiProject, and lots of users got fed up. I almost left twice, until I came to terms that the next time I would leave would be under my decision alone and not under anyone else's influences. So I edited again, but due to limited access, mainly editing with an iPhone, I ceased editing altogether. But since March I have a computer and can edit anything and everything as I please.

Things have slowed down at the project, but it's not abandoned. There are still dedicated users around, and pretty soon I will make a full-time comeback and eventually be an administrator. So to those who are constantly arguing over information and its sources, quit it. Photos and videos' reliability tend to be frowned upon on Wikipedia, but that does not mean that you cannot use them, especially since you can source a claim with a decent photo or video for a paper that one user already stated above.

that is exactly why i barely edit there as well, but to settle this, i just removed all the statements on the nyc subway service articles that state what cars they use as i have no source to prove them to be true and neither does anyone else here. wikiproject:new york city public transportation agreed a long time ago that this type of information is not appropriate on wikipedia. if you do not believe me, go here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_New_York_City_Public_Transportation/Archive_10#Rolling_stock_used_by_New_York_City_Subway_services

a certain user that you and i had a grude against two years ago said news stories from valid stations like CNN and NY1 are reliable sources, but photos from an average railfan are not.

FlushingExpress, you have officially shown that you don't know what you are talking about. I bet if you took ENG 101, you'll fail it in a heart beat. Saying that photos and videos cannot be used as a source is one of the mosy absurd statements anyone can say.

Do yourself a favor, just keep quiet. Before myself along with the more knowledgeable members here make you look bad.

fyi, i did take ENG 101 and passed it in a heartbeat. i know photos and videos can be reliable sources sometimes, but not always. i could have used photos for my term paper about teacher-student sex scandals as they would prove that a suspected teacher did something inappropriate to a student, but i had no access to them and they probably would have been too graphic for me to use them anyway.

now can a moderator please close this thread before it goes too far?

Archived