Which stations would YOU close and why?

Rutgers Tube

I agree with Cortelyou and Intervale (though is Simpson a better choice? Aside from the ADA which can be installed in other stations, but I'll stop talking b/c I don't know much about the Bronx)

Simpson has connections to several buses.

i would pick Fort Hamilton prkwy on the (N) there is nobody ever there its only its only to blocks away from the New Utrecht Ave Station Where u Can transfer to the (D)

It's actually a pretty busy station. And no, it's actually quite a long walk from there to either 8th Ave or New Utrecht.

I agree with Cortelyou and Intervale (though is Simpson a better choice? Aside from the ADA which can be installed in other stations, but I'll stop talking b/c I don't know much about the Bronx). IDK much about 215, Nevins, or Soundview so I won't comment. However, Fulton is a very useful transfer on the 4/5 so I wouldn't close it. Broad St. functions as another Wall St. station. Clinton St. shouldn't be closed because (G) passengers aren't headed the same direction as (A) passengers. 52nd is perfectly fine, it's good for it's neighborhood and it's not too close to another station.

He's not being serious, it's a joke from Subchat.

IMO a station should only be closed if the line is closeby to another station, or if it has low ridership.

As a (2)(5) geek lol :cool: , Ill give you what i got :). i dont think Simpson St should close.

Besides ADA(Which the main reason ADA is used is for the following):

There are lots of shopping stores between Westchester Avenue and 163rd St along southern blvd(Simpson St is 1 block away from Southern Blvd the Main street of that town almost). There is a Medical Clinic there, Bus connections:

Bx4, Bx5, Bx11, Bx19, Bx27, Bx35

and some other crap. Intervale is a gd place to close, very low ridership compared to Simpson, Intervale is like 3 blocks away from Simpson. Its more Like 116th St/110th Sts on the (2)/(3)

If you wanna see how Simpson st is, take a walk via Google Maps Street View B)!

I would also close down all 116th though 110th St on the (1)(2)(3)(4)(6)(A)(B)(C) and make a new station: 113th Sts Station? Hows that :D? They are kinda close but we can get rid of both and use 113th instead, and for 116th and 110th st connection you can use a tunnel to connect to the sts.

Some Stations I would close are

Intervale Avenue (2)/(5); Simpson Street is very close

Whitlock Avenue (6); Everyone uses the Hunts Point Avenue station instead

East 143 Street-Saint Marys Street (6); The station with the lowest ridership in The Bronx;rarely used.

Why?

"TEAR DOWN THE ASTORIA EL!" is a joke from Subchat from the SubTalk days.

As a (2)(5) geek lol :cool: , Ill give you what i got :). i dont think Simpson St should close.

Besides ADA(Which the main reason ADA is used is for the following):

There are lots of shopping stores between Westchester Avenue and 163rd St along southern blvd(Simpson St is 1 block away from Southern Blvd the Main street of that town almost). There is a Medical Clinic there, Bus connections:

Bx4, Bx5, Bx11, Bx19, Bx27, Bx35

and some other crap. Intervale is a gd place to close, very low ridership compared to Simpson, Intervale is like 3 blocks away from Simpson. Its more Like 116th St/110th Sts on the (2)/(3)

If you wanna see how Simpson st is, take a walk via Google Maps Street View ;)!

I would also close down all 116th though 110th St on the (1)(2)(3)(4)(6)(A)(B)(C) and make a new station: 113th Sts Station? Hows that :(? They are kinda close but we can get rid of both and use 113th instead, and for 116th and 110th st connection you can use a tunnel to connect to the sts.

lol Alright, like I said I don't know much about the Bronx so what you said makes a lot more sense now. Thanks! I would thank you but the button isn't there ;)

Oh and I think it'd be too costly to make a new station along the line (disrupting service, etc), but maybe the SAS got it right this time by making stops at 86, 96, 106, 116 and 125?

"TEAR DOWN THE ASTORIA EL!" is a joke from Subchat from the SubTalk days.

lol Alright, like I said I don't know much about the Bronx so what you said makes a lot more sense now. Thanks! I would thank you but the button isn't there :P

Oh and I think it'd be too costly to make a new station along the line (disrupting service, etc), but maybe the SAS got it right this time by making stops at 86, 96, 106, 116 and 125?

I dunno if its "possible" but would it be better for the (MTA) to have the SAS do between stops instead of doing the same thing like Lex Line

Instead of :

86th St do 91st

96th St do 100th St

106th, 116th, 125th Seems fine i guess

That way passangers who live anywhere for example bet 86th and 96th they wont need to walk to ether of those stations used on the Lex, but can go to the SASs 91st Station

if u know what i mean?

I dunno if its "possible" but would it be better for the (MTA) to have the SAS do between stops instead of doing the same thing like Lex Line

Instead of :

86th St do 91st

96th St do 100th St

106th, 116th, 125th Seems fine i guess

That way passangers who live anywhere for example bet 86th and 96th they wont need to walk to ether of those stations used on the Lex, but can go to the SASs 91st Station

if u know what i mean?

The only thing is those areas are highly residential. When subway stops are placed near commercial areas there is less resistance. For instance That's why a 79th St SAS stop is not going to happen despite probably being a good idea...because there isn't a lot of commerce on that block. You have a temple, a bank, a single clothing store, and a large residential tower on the 4 corners of that block and most of the rest is housing/apartments.

All the streets you mentioned are mainly residential. 86th and 72nd on the other hand have a lot of stores around the proposed stops, that's why they'll get stations and 79th won't.

The only thing is those areas are highly residential. When subway stops are placed near commercial areas there is less resistance. For instance That's why a 79th St SAS stop is not going to happen despite probably being a good idea...because there isn't a lot of commerce on that block. You have a temple, a bank, a single clothing store, and a large residential tower on the 4 corners of that block and most of the rest is housing/apartments.

All the streets you mentioned are mainly residential. 86th and 72nd on the other hand have a lot of stores around the proposed stops, that's why they'll get stations and 79th won't.

Oh so now i get it. Subway Stations/ELs are placed in areas of Commercial and Residential?

Offtopic: What about industrial zones, do they add subways stations around there or just railroads?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

18th St on the (1): people can walk 4 blocks to 14th (2)/(3) or 5 blocks to 23rd (1)

Wouldn't residents want subway stops near their homes? If I live by 79th and 2nd and I want to go to work, it would be a lot more convenient for me to go to the station near my house then to walk to 72nd street or 86th street.

Wouldn't residents want subway stops near their homes? If I live by 79th and 2nd and I want to go to work, it would be a lot more convenient for me to go to the station near my house then to walk to 72nd street or 86th street.

You would think so but no. They think "it'll bring in the riff raff". They all want the subway stop a block or two away, but not actually on their block.

Definitely Aqueduct Racetrack and Beach 105th St on the (A) and the Rockaway Park (S). I also don't see why the (1) needs stops so close to each other (every 5-6 blocks), so the 18th St and 28th St could go as well.

Close the entire Franklin Shuttle and let people use the buses instead. This way people who need a transfer between the (A)/© and the (2)/(3)/(4)/(5) or the (B)/(Q) will have to go to Manhattan! >-D

Why would you want to do that? It may have low ridership, but that's no excuse to eliminate so many transfers in Brooklyn.

OK since its only for FUN(Well not rly fun)! ill see:

Id close:

-Broad Street/Fulton St on the (J)(M)(Z). Just use the damn (4)(5)

-Intervale Avenue (2)(5), You can walk to ether Simpson or Prospect Instead, if your too lazy use the Bx4!

-215th Street on the (1), use the Bx7/20 Instead

-Clinton/Fulton Sts on the (G), use the (A)(C) instead, Use B69 or B38 if your lazy lol

-Nevis Street (2)(3)(4)(5) You can walk to Hoyt Instead

-Soundviews Avenue (6), you can walk to Elder Instead, Bx4 if your lazy

-52nd Street on the (7), Q32 Instead if your lazy!

-Cortelyou Road - (Q) use Beverly or Newkirk Instead.

I suppose you mean Clinton-Washington Avenues on the (G). The (A) doesn't stop at Clinton-Washington on the Fulton St line except late nights, so riders wanting express service in Manhattan will have to transfer twice. Being the only train that doesn't go to Manhattan, I do not see why you would subject the (G) riders to an additional inconvenience.

Why would you want to do that? It may have low ridership, but that's no excuse to eliminate so many transfers in Brooklyn.

I suppose you mean Clinton-Washington Avenues on the (G). The (A) doesn't stop at Clinton-Washington on the Fulton St line except late nights, so riders wanting express service in Manhattan will have to transfer twice. Being the only train that doesn't go to Manhattan, I do not see why you would subject the (G) riders to an additional inconvenience.

100% agreed. I used to live off the Clinton-Washington (G) stop and granted it wasn't THAT far of a walk to Fulton and I had the 61 bus around the corner, closing that station would be bad news. I ride the (G) every morning and if there was a station on that line to close I'd say 21st-Van Alst. It's close enough to Court Sq and rarely do I see one or two people if any getting off a train there or waiting for one in either direction.

Other than that I'd also close 18th St and 28th St on the (1). No need to sandwich those stations between 34th, 23rd and 14th. For the same reason I'd close 28th St on the (6). Avenue P on the (F) would go as well.

100% agreed. I used to live off the Clinton-Washington (G) stop and granted it wasn't THAT far of a walk to Fulton and I had the 61 bus around the corner, closing that station would be bad news. I ride the (G) every morning and if there was a station on that line to close I'd say 21st-Van Alst. It's close enough to Court Sq and rarely do I see one or two people if any getting off a train there or waiting for one in either direction.

Other than that I'd also close 18th St and 28th St on the (1). No need to sandwich those stations between 34th, 23rd and 14th. For the same reason I'd close 28th St on the (6). Avenue P on the (F) would go as well.

I often go to play soccer at Queens West Sportsfield in L.I.C., and get off the (G) train at 21st St-Van Alst. I wouldn't like to see it being closed either. Leave the (G) as it is.

The only thing with regards to the stations on the (1), is wouldn't that cause too much passenger volume at the stations still left open? We all know the (1) is very crowded, at all times during the day... and if you want to skip the redundant stops, of course just take the (2)/(3).

As for having all the stations open 24 hours, that's another story.

If you were to ask me what stations to close, I'd say just do away with the Rockaway Park (A)/(S) service. Just keep the ROW standing so if that area revives, the line can be reopened. (That counts as a closed station, doesn't it?)

If you were to ask me what stations to close, I'd say just do away with the Rockaway Park (A)/(S) service. Just keep the ROW standing so if that area revives, the line can be reopened. (That counts as a closed station, doesn't it?)

The reason ridership is low on the Rock Park branch is that the area west of 96th St is largely suburban, middle/upper-middle class single family homes with high rates of car ownership. I am not sure what you mean by "if the area revives"; you can't have further gentrification, and sure as hell won't have public housing projects located there anytime soon.

Archived