Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
MetroBusFan3575

More Houston METRO photos

Here's some more Houston METRO photos to share with y'all:

DSCN0117.jpg

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0132.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

These group of photos include what our paratransit fleet looks like. The old models that are still in service look like 684 and the model that replaced most of them looks like 808.

Enjoy!

great pics, i see you guys got MCI D4500CT too

wat type of orion 7ng is this?

DSCN0122.jpg

great pics, i see you guys got MCI D4500CT too

wat type of orion 7ng is this?

DSCN0122.jpg

Its a Hybrid. Same as ours...

Guest Charles

Brilliant pictures! and NICE...that's the Viking there!! it would be really cool pic of the (MTA)'s vikings next to a Houston Viking

lol i'm sorry if I got a bit overexcited, it's just that the Viking is such an exclusive bus.

Brilliant pictures! and NICE...that's the Viking there!! it would be really cool pic of the (MTA)'s vikings next to a Houston Viking

lol i'm sorry if I got a bit overexcited, it's just that the Viking is such an exclusive bus.

Thanks to you all!

Charles,

That would be a one-of-a-kind shot to have one of y'all Vikings next to ours as the Viking IS such an exclusive bus.

They have the MCI D4500CTH which is a Hybrid version!

Correct and we're one of only two transit agencies that have such a coach. We have (at least all should have arrived by now---I hope) 102 MCI D4500CTHs while GO Transit has only two (3000 & 3001).

For the record, our fleet numbers for those coaches are 5001-5102.

They have the MCI D4500CTH which is a Hybrid version!

so thats not an Orion VII NG that i showed u in that pic?

Here's a few more photos---this time, it's only of an O7 NG hybrid---3626.

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

DSCN0154.jpg

I took these photos yesterday. I'll have to thank the mysterious wheelchair passenger *lol* because without that person boarding, I wouldn't have taken these photos of this bus. In other words, I would have missed it by the time I had walked to the bus stop it was sitting at. SWEET!

Enjoy!

Nice pics.

Ive just recently started using Metro busses to get back and forth from Hobby and IAH to Sugarland, or well, as close as I can get, lol.

I think Metro has a better fare system (Q-card), but overall I have to give the nod to the MTA for having 24 hour service. :tup:

Looking forward to Metros light rail expansion.

Nice pics.

Ive just recently started using Metro busses to get back and forth from Hobby and IAH to Sugarland, or well, as close as I can get, lol.

I think Metro has a better fare system (Q-card), but overall I have to give the nod to the MTA for having 24 hour service. :tup:

Looking forward to Metros light rail expansion.

Wait---METRO---a transit agency needing to have a 24-hour service? Hmmm---that can be something that may need to be discussed---especially for commuters who have to work really late into the night. For the Park & Ride bus I ride (the 214 - Northwest Station PR line), the last bus (which is a 219 - Pinemont/West Little York/NW Station late evening bus) is at 9:35pm.

I love the livery!

Thanks! Even though I may think the livery may need to be changed, I like it the way it is now.

If I get the chance, I'll post up two pics of the first NFI Viking METRO has received----4700. We still have 101 left in active service out of 104 originally ordered by METRO.

Here's a few more Houston METRO photos that I wanted to share---including pics of the first Viking that we have---4700.

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0160.jpg

A rare photo that I took (more to come soon).

DSCN0161.jpg

Again, not only will I do more but I'll do better than this because I wanted to get ALL of the train as it passed by.

Enjoy!

Just a quick update about the new buses METRO is getting:

ALL 102 of the MCI D4500CTHs have arrived and are in revenue service.

Half of the order of Orion VII NG hybrids (56) are in. METRO ordered 96 total.

It's OFFICIAL that METRO is getting 80 more of the O7 NG hybrids and 20 more D4500CTHs. These are what I like to call "add-on" options off of the existing orders of 96 O7 NGs and 102 D4500CTHs. Remember, METRO wants to buy only up to 100 hybrids per year so how ever many new hybrids METRO wants, it'll total up to 100.

Just F.Y.I. for ya!

The NG out there look hot with it's own disco stripes. I like to see in An NG in NJT Disco Stripe paint.

That should be interesting but do you think NJT would even bother getting any type of NGs? Wouldn't hurt to get 'em, ya know?