New Jersey Transit's #80

EE Broadway Local

• 2 weeks later...

I've ridden the 80 a few times and at times it seems slow due to the amount of vans on Newark Ave. Greenville's Metro-Bs tend to be out during the rush hours. What's wrong with the 80 on weekends? The vans? I take it Pablo's waiting for the 16 at JSQ.

I've ridden the 80 a few times and at times it seems slow due to the amount of vans on Newark Ave. Greenville's Metro-Bs tend to be out during the rush hours. What's wrong with the 80 on weekends? The vans? I take it Pablo's waiting for the 16 at JSQ.

The 80 has the slowest headways of any bus in Jersey City besides the 1 during the weekends. And reason why that is because of HBLR. I doubt the vans has anything to do with that. But ya, the 16 is something I'm not even going to deal with on weekends unless I see it coming because its always late and its because its only running 2 buses on the route only during weekends with 30 minute headways. The 16 supposedly takes 28 mins to get to the Newport area and 28 mins back but it encounters too much traffic especially in the downtown and Newport area. Its need 4 buses on the route again with 20 minute headways on weekends.

The 80 has the slowest headways of any bus in Jersey City besides the 1 during the weekends. And reason why that is because of HBLR. I doubt the vans has anything to do with that. But ya, the 16 is something I'm not even going to deal with on weekends unless I see it coming because its always late and its because its only running 2 buses on the route only during weekends with 30 minute headways. The 16 supposedly takes 28 mins to get to the Newport area and 28 mins back but it encounters too much traffic especially in the downtown and Newport area. Its need 4 buses on the route again with 20 minute headways on weekends.

Someone should really take over R&T. On the other hand, I'd like to see the PBLs and NJT contractors form an alliance or something that would have its own funding and ability to buy its own buses.

Someone should really take over R&T. On the other hand, I'd like to see the PBLs and NJT contractors form an alliance or something that would have its own funding and ability to buy its own buses.

I dunno what NJT is waiting for to take over R&T already. But due to lack of complaints, especially recent because the complaints aren't becoming very public and spread around and also in the papers like the Jersey Journal, NJT won't do anything. But I just move on and just take HBLR, simple as that.

I dunno what NJT is waiting for to take over R&T already. But due to lack of complaints, especially recent because the complaints aren't becoming very public and spread around and also in the papers like the Jersey Journal, NJT won't do anything. But I just move on and just take HBLR, simple as that.

I just now realized that if NJT took over the 16, they may choose to contract it back out to R&T. Would NJT do something if the NYC media were to cover a story about bus service problems in NJ and NJT's lack of response because they're more concerned about that stupid & useless tunnel than local bus service issues (giving NJT unwanted bad press).

I just now realized that if NJT took over the 16, they may choose to contract it back out to R&T. Would NJT do something if the NYC media were to cover a story about bus service problems in NJ and NJT's lack of response because they're more concerned about that stupid & useless tunnel than local bus service issues (giving NJT unwanted bad press).

Thats on whether NYC Media even cares. In the case of the R&T routes, NYC Media should exploit R&T instead and if R&T isn't changing, then the focus matter can be slightly pressed on NJT.

P-rad M., Would you agree or disagree that on weekends the 1 and 83 have worse and the 87 as bad headways than the 80? Possibly the M & W along some of the route is a reason for the headways.

Well, on saturdays, the 1 has decent headays. The 83 headways could be better on saturday. No sunday service of course on that route. The 87 has better headways then the 80 on weekends. Also, glad you mentioned M&W IBOA. Reason for the 80's slow headways is because most people are heading to Newport Mall. I forgot to mention that fact.

Archived