R32 GE?

DJ MC

I've always thought that they had the same problem as the R38s; rusted roof. Was there any other reason why they were the first 60 ft SMEEs to go?

They were both overhauled by GE.

Well, I did ride them on the (C) and (F) lines back in 2007.

So it switched from Pitkin to Jamaica? Where was it on most of the time in the last 10 years

I rode on them once, the way it sounds when its running sounds good, and it kinda felt faster than the usual R32s. They were on the (F) line, and a few other as far as I can remember.

Thats weird because the R32 GE actually had less power than the other R32's. They had 100 hp per motor and the other R32's have 115 hp per motor

The R32GEs spent almost all of their post overhaul life on the A/C.

Until the early 2000s, they were generally run in trains of R38s on the A/C.

From then until roughly 2005-6, they ran in trains of R32s on the A/C.

From then until retirement, they bounced between the A/C and the E/F/R, with the small fleet never fully assigned to either Jamaica, Pitkin or 207th yard.

The R32GEs spent almost all of their post overhaul life on the A/C.

Until the early 2000s, they were generally run in trains of R38s on the A/C.

From then until roughly 2005-6, they ran in trains of R32s on the A/C.

From then until retirement, they bounced between the A/C and the E/F/R, with the small fleet never fully assigned to either Jamaica, Pitkin or 207th yard.

Oh, so the R32 GE never ran in its own consist?

Got proof? AFAIK, the GE Overhauled R32's never operated in a solid consist. The reason for the R38 like interior is because they were overhauled by the same people who did the 38's.

That should be your new signature. You got others telling you what they've seen on the V every day without any pictures. And now you're asking me to bring up a picture of an entire consist when there was only ten that existed? For heaven sakes, everyone knows that the GE overhauled the last 10 R32s and the R38s. At your level, you're not worthy of showing off.

Archived