4 Express comes back

Melvin

4.gif Woodlawn-bound trains run express from 149 St to Woodlawn

Weekday, 10:30 AM to 3 PM Mon and Thu, until Aug 24

Trains stop at Burnside Av.

For service to 161, 167, 170 Sts, Mt Eden Av, 176, 183 Sts, Fordham, Kingsbridge Rd, Bedford Pk Blvd and Mosholu Pkwy, take the 4.gif to Burnside Av or Woodlawn and transfer to a Utica Av-bound 4.gif.

For service from these stations, take a Utica Av-bound 4.gif to Burnside Av or 149 St and transfer to a Woodlawn-bound 4.gif.

I doubt this is another Pilot Program seeing that this is during Midday Service, which could be construction. Similar to the (2)(5)s version from Gun Hill to The Hub

But i could be wrong tho. Seeing its on a Monday/Thurs

Wats funny his those whos going for a Yankees game need to go to Burnside after 149th St lol! This is why the Mets are better

I doubt this is another Pilot Program seeing that this is during Midday Service, which could be construction. Similar to the (2)(5)s version from Gun Hill to The Hub

But i could be wrong tho. Seeing its on a Monday/Thurs

Wats funny his those whos going for a Yankees game need to go to Burnside after 149th St lol! This is why the Mets are better

You mean the 4th place Mets? :D

Last night around 7:40ish i a took a Bronx-bound (4) and after 149 the train only stopped at 161, 167, and then Burnside then went out of service. This was also indicated on the strip map.

Is this usual for the (4) like when some 138th Street bound (5) trains run express between E180th and Gun Hill Rd.( via White Pl. Rd.) then terminate.

Last night around 7:40ish i a took a Bronx-bound (4) and after 149 the train only stopped at 161, 167, and then Burnside then went out of service. This was also indicated on the strip map.

Is this usual for the (4) like when some 138th Street bound (5) trains run express between E180th and Gun Hill Rd.( via White Pl. Rd.) then terminate.

That issue is to get to the Yard:

(4) Would end at Burnside, then head for Concourse or Jerome

Maybe fordham too

(5) on the other hand would end at E180th for Union Port

(5) For Thru White Plains Rd that ends and Gun Hill is for direct access to 239th yd instead of ending at 238-WPR

also there is no 138th bound (5) you mean 238th..

For some reason the fact that Woodlawn is going to eventually see the (4) and <4> scares me. Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea, but it can't handle all those trains, unlike Flushing, which has three tracks. Woodlawn only has two.

You're thinking about the massive yard delay. That's one problem that I see...I always see a (4) train being layed up outside of the middle track at Woodlawn and Yankee Stadium.

I can possibly see the plan working, for the following reasons:

1. Let's say it's p.m. rush. (4) and <4> trains will be running. These trains will be alternating of course, so when a (4) train leaves, you'll obviously let a (5) pass and a <4> will soon enter. So let's say that combined, the (4)/<4> runs 25 TPH (it probably doesn't right now, but let's say that it will). This means that the (4) will run 13 TPH, and the <4> will run 12 (because local stations need their passengers without a doubt). At Woodlawn the <4> trains will become the (4), but I can see that as the p.m. rush is winding there will be less need for extra trains so how the extra cars will get back to the yard beats me. This is why I think the program may not be pulled off.

Archived