Stengel O7 NGs in service

aemoreira81

it was because CS was afraid the O7s wouldn't be able to deal with the crowds on the Q44, so they kept them off of the line.

Where do you come up with these facts?

They will go on all the routes.

Do you even know what your talking about?

Do you work at CS? I do so if you want to know the real facts ask me!

So maybe the NG I saw on the 44 was 4185?! :eek:

Could have been 4170 too, which I saw on the Q28.

I have seen a MJQ 3800 series on the Q32 before.

MJQ should have approximately 30 O7 NGs at this time; I have shot 3817 numerous times on the M34 and 3815 on the M22.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

No I don't work for CS if I have the facts wrong just correct me.

IIRC it was said on buschat multiple times. The O7s were kept off the Q20/q44 originally because they were afraid of crowd issues. I was talking about 6848-6905 not the NGs, 4170-4219, read the OP's question it was clearly in the past tense. Obviously the Q44 now runs O7s so it will run NGs. There's no need to ask questions that could be perceived by me as rude.

Are you Incredible Hawk again?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I spoke to one of the drivers from casey.....he said they might be the last route to use the ng ....casey depot is scared that the buses might get mess up on the 44...he told me they were scared to put the orion vii on the 44.......so let's see how long it takes.....unlike jfk they put it on any route that's why there vii looks bad now... I hope the ng do not have the save fate......

JFKs 07s don't look bad. The exterior looks worse than the inside and that's because of all the accidents their involved in. You can't keep buses clean forever, no matter what route you put them on they will be vandalized, it's just a matter of time and what is done after the fact.

That's what I meant about what is done after the fact of an accident or whatever problem. I was going to say it has more to do with the maintenance than what happens to the bus during the day. I agree with you 100% 33rd street, I think it's a pathetic excuse to use crowds or vandalism as an excuse to not put a certain bus on a certain route.

I hate to come off rude but that is no excuse. The only way to keep buses looking great is by maintaining them. If a bus is involved in an accident, find out the issue and repair it. Although riders can adversely affect any bus, what matters most is how good the depot is in maintaining their fleet. If there were more depots like Michael J. Quill, West Farms, Baisley Park, Yonkers, Jackie Gleason, and Eastchester, the overall fleet would look in excellent, and functioning condition.

However, the other issue may be that of things going unreported. Maintenance will only fix what they know is a problem. What the MTA should be doing is making sure that EVERY operator does a pre-trip inspection (even on mid-route reliefs), and make sure that dispatchers ensure that such is done.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Ok I'm not a bus driver....I'm just a 21 year old college kid whpo works at toys r us lol.....but when ur tour (shift) is over are u suppose to check the bus in...? I live near basiely depot and I know they bring it in too get it it check....thayts why 95% of there buses are well kept ............sure I know buses will get mess up bang up dirty but that's why they have job to maintain those buses...casdepot is just think the worse before they put then out there.....I also feel jfk does not care about there bus that much sorry

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I hate to come off rude but that is no excuse. The only way to keep buses looking great is by maintaining them. If a bus is involved in an accident, find out the issue and repair it. Although riders can adversely affect any bus, what matters most is how good the depot is in maintaining their fleet. If there were more depots like Michael J. Quill, West Farms, Baisley Park, Yonkers, Jackie Gleason, and Eastchester, the overall fleet would look in excellent, and functioning condition.

For the most part I do agree with you.

GH is better than WF at this point, I see some of those CNG O7s rolling around looking beat up even though they just got repainted. I spotted 4 buses in an hour friday without a functioning designation sign. YON and ECH do a great job with they're buses but they only run 1 type of bus and YON has 90 buses, ECH has 130+, so it not hard to do.

You have a depot with 180+ buses, 4+ different series of buses and/or not enough space (I.e. CAS, LGA? KB) you end up having what happens at Jamaica Yard, issues go unnoticed. Also if road conditions are bad you can fix a bus 100 times but if that pothole is still there, the bus will bottom out and get dented again. I will say that some of the damage I see on CAS and LGA buses shouldn't have happened in the 1st place and the blame may rest on the B/o's more so than the maintainers.

How much time does it take to fix most damage anyway?

Nice photo and catch!

So why didn't CS put the older hybrids on the Q44 when they first started running at that Depot?

Archived