R160B Testing on The (B) (1 Week Ago)

Ok for everybody over here, the R160s are not hitting Concourse at all. The (B) might get R160s only if its needed which mean as a rush hour put-in. This is NOT confirmed until we have solid evidence. The R160s will eventually pop up as rush hour put in for the (R) for sure.

I wound'nt be surprised if the (B) ran R160s eventually. I mean it would make life easier for the dispatchers at CI yard, the (N)<Q> & (W) lines are already running the 160s so why not the (B)? Also if theres an delay in CI bound (Q6) service and theres an R160 (B) train on the brighton line, that 160 (B) could turn into an (Q). Anyways I'm lovin' the car assignments on the (B) & (Q) lines right now, its R68/A heaven the (B) is 100% 68/As and theres more 68s than 160s on the (Q) line most days. :cool:

I wound'nt be surprised if the (B) ran R160s eventually. I mean it would make life easier for the dispatchers at CI yard, the (N)<Q> & (W) lines are already running the 160s so why not the (B)? Also if theres an delay in CI bound (Q6) service and theres an R160 (B) train on the brighton line, that 160 (B) could turn into an (Q). Anyways I'm lovin' the car assignments on the (B) & (Q) lines right now, its R68/A heaven the (B) is 100% 68/As and theres more 68s than 160s on the (Q) line most days. :cool:

Keep them 68/68A's rolling on the Brighton for another 20 years! :tup::cool:

okay im confused.back then you guys said the R160's will go to the (:)(D) because the R68's will go to the (A) and (C) lines to replace the R32's.but know the R46's seem to have replaced the R40s,so now i think the R46's from the (G)(R)(F)(V) will go to the (C)(A) line? and i remember hearing that there might be third option order for the R160 to displace the R68's on the (B)(D).and if you guys noticed,the R160 seems to be only testing on the (:),and as you guys know the (Q) uses R160's and the (B) line runs with the (Q).so it can be possibily a r160 (Q) but just as a (B). if the R160 also tested on the (D),then probibley the R160 will get llended over to the (B)(D).but im speaking to soon,theres always randome events happening and weird things.R32 back on the (V) the R40's that was running o the (C).i mean 2008-2009 are years were really weird events happened.there no telling what will happen next

okay im confused.back then you guys said the R160's will go to the (:)(D) because the R68's will go to the (A) and (C) lines to replace the R32's.but know the R46's seem to have replaced the R40s,so now i think the R46's from the (G)(R)(F)(V) will go to the (C)(A) line? and i remember hearing that there might be third option order for the R160 to displace the R68's on the (B)(D).and if you guys noticed,the R160 seems to be only testing on the (:),and as you guys know the (Q) uses R160's and the (B) line runs with the (Q).so it can be possibily a r160 (Q) but just as a (B). if the R160 also tested on the (D),then probibley the R160 will get llended over to the (B)(D).but im speaking to soon,theres always randome events happening and weird things.R32 back on the (V) the R40's that was running o the (C).i mean 2008-2009 are years were really weird events happened.there no telling what will happen next

I'll explain what happened over the past months. R160's entered Jamaica pushing out R46's to replace the R40's on the (A). Now the R160's entering Jamaica yard are pushing out the old SMEE's to the scrap line. Once Jamaica has no more R32-R42, R160's will push out more of the R46's to the (A)(C) to replace the R32's.

There is no proof of a 3rd option and i don't think anyone said they are going to the (B)(D)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Maybe it's for the Baseball specials. It would make sense for them to run them out of CI with the 160's, instead of Concourse and have to change signs on the 68's. I even sent in a suggestion for this.

if (:) line were to received R160B. that would mean (B) line have to based

out coney Island yard. when there is rolling stock of R160.?

and Coney Isalnd yard will able to handle (:) line will (N) , (Q) , (W)

will share car when if (B) will be part of Coney Island.

the (B) is already based out of Coney Island Yard Since 2004

but if (:) is based out coney Isalnd yard and samething for

(N) , (Q) , (W). why dont i see R160 run on the (B)

so those line will share same fleet with the (:).

the only thing that (N) , (Q) , (W) share same fleet with

the (B) is R68. not R160.

So? That doesn't matter. The (Q) still runs a lot of R68/A's and the Franklin (S) is fully R68. A yard could have more than one type of car. Example: The (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) are part of Jamaica yard. As of now Jamaica has 60' SMEE's, R46's, and R160's. As of now The (R)(V) runs 60' SMEE's and R46's. The (E) runs R160's. The (F) runs R46's and R160's. The (G) runs R46's. Every line out of the same yard do not have to use the same equipment as each other.

As stated, just because they are testing the 160s on a line does not mean they will be assigned to them. One good thing about the 160s is the FIND. Its designed to be flexible to allow route changes and future equipment swaps between routes and lines. ALL B division routes will be programed into these cars for any future route assignments. With over 1000 cars that have arrived, arriving or is currently being built, the R160 will basically be the largest fleet of any one type or current railcar. and having all routes programmed would also make future car orders easier to set up when they arrive i.e. the R179s

Today around 12:15 at W4 on the 6 ave line I saw a Not in Service R160 heading uptown on the B/D line. Maybe there is a chance it might go to concourse after all.

let me be clear on this, just because you see a train at a certain yard or testing on a certainn line does not mean you will see them in revenue service. a new train has to be tested on every line in the division, regardless of where (NYCT) plans to put them. the reason R160s are tested on the (:P is because it is maintained at Coney Island, where the (N)(Q)(W) are also stored and they use those cars. workers are assigned by yards, not route, so if a (;) train worker suddenly has to work on the (W), he/she must know how to operate an R160. stop making the assumption that you see a train testing on a particular line means that you will see it in revenue service in the future.

Today around 12:15 at W4 on the 6 ave line I saw a Not in Service R160 heading uptown on the B/D line. Maybe there is a chance it might go to concourse after all.

Once again, you fail to realize that the R160s go up along Concourse to take their daily showers. You will ALWAYS see an R160 sitting at Concourse or sitting at Bedford's Middle Track during middays because the R160s go up there for car washes. I have seen an R160 EVERY DAY for the past month going up there, so it's a common sight.

It could be a 50-50 chance that r160s could be on the (B)

Can r160s be on the (D) to??????

R160s will NOT go to Concourse. Neither will they serve on the (B) or the (D). Honestly I don't see anything special about he R68s over the R160s but (D) riders feel that getting the R160s will be a downgrade. Why I don't know, but that's not going to happen.

Archived