R160B Testing on The (B) (1 Week Ago)

It could be a 50-50 chance that r160s could be on the (B)

Can r160s be on the (D) to??????

IMO, the (B) is fine with hippos. The R160s at CIY, according to my calculations, are just enough to fill the N, Q and W. So, I doubt they will go on the (B). Remember, what line it is being tested on does not mean that they will go there.

okay im confused.back then you guys said the R160's will go to the (B)(D) because the R68's will go to the (A) and (C) lines to replace the R32's.but know the R46's seem to have replaced the R40s,so now i think the R46's from the (G)(R)(F)(V) will go to the (C)(A) line? and i remember hearing that there might be third option order for the R160 to displace the R68's on the (B)(D).and if you guys noticed,the R160 seems to be only testing on the (B),and as you guys know the (Q) uses R160's and the (B) line runs with the (Q).so it can be possibily a r160 (Q) but just as a (B). if the R160 also tested on the (D),then probibley the R160 will get llended over to the (B)(D).but im speaking to soon,theres always randome events happening and weird things.R32 back on the (V) the R40's that was running o the (C).i mean 2008-2009 are years were really weird events happened.there no telling what will happen next

As Maserati said, R160s will keep going to Jamaica and retiring all the old SMEEs there. Once that's done, they will start on the R32s at Pitkin by sending over R46s so the (C) will probably be all R44 and R46 by the end of the R160 order. Also, the only two lines that might get R160s after this point will be the (R) (will get them) and the (V) (may get them).

It could be a 50-50 chance that r160s could be on the (B)

Can r160s be on the (D) to??????

AFAIK, no more R160s are going to Coney Island so the (B) will stay the way it is. R160s are all going to either Jamaica or ENY for the rest of the order, so the (D) won't get them either.

Once again, you fail to realize that the R160s go up along Concourse to take their daily showers. You will ALWAYS see an R160 sitting at Concourse or sitting at Bedford's Middle Track during middays because the R160s go up there for car washes. I have seen an R160 EVERY DAY for the past month going up there, so it's a common sight.

Why would they go to Concourse for a wash if CIY has its own carwash?

Why would they go to Concourse for a wash if CIY has its own carwash?

I always wondered about that. If I had to take a guess, it's because Concourse is possibly the least crowded B division yard. So it's less time consuming to send the R160s up there to get washed then to have a line of trains waiting at CI to get washed.

R160s will NOT go to Concourse. Neither will they serve on the (B) or the (D). Honestly I don't see anything special about he R68s over the R160s but (D) riders feel that getting the R160s will be a downgrade. Why I don't know, but that's not going to happen.

I highly doubt (D) riders feel like the R160s are a downgrade when 1 has never been in revenue (D) service. Besides the fact that Concourse can't handle R160s, the Mgmt seem to like the R68's a lot.

I always wondered about that. If I had to take a guess, it's because Concourse is possibly the least crowded B division yard. So it's less time consuming to send the R160s up there to get washed then to have a line of trains waiting at CI to get washed.

They also send retired trains up there for storage before they ultimately go to 207th. I guess that 207th is at full capacity with the trains about to be reefed.

I highly doubt (D) riders feel like the R160s are a downgrade when 1 has never been in revenue (D) service. Besides the fact that Concourse can't handle R160s, the Mgmt seem to like the R68's a lot.

The D is fine the way is. I'm a regular commuter on the D. And I don't see visible complaints or groans when a R68 pulls up.

I was coming home from Downtown and when I arrived at W 34th Street, I saw an R160B testing on the (B) heading uptown saying to Bedford Park Blvd and I even heard the announcement saying this is a Bronx (B) train Next Stop is W 42nd Street and I know it was testing because I saw it open doors opposite side. So Now I'm Wondering is the (B) going to get R160Bs? and the last car number was 9812. I hope it dosen't get R160Bs. I love the R68/R68As on the (B)(D)(Q)(W) lines.

What about the (S) via Franklin Av

What about the (S) via Franklin Av

I doubt.

The S currently runs 2 75 footers, or 150 feet trains. The rebuilt stations (except Prospect Park) are designed to run those short trains. Platforms are a little longer than 150 feet, maybe up to 200 feet. I don't have the exact numbers.

If you have R160s running on the shuttle, you must either use 4 car sets or 5 car sets. A 4 car set is 240 feet long. Obviously too long for the shuttle. A five car set is even longer.

The hippos are fine on the Franklin Shuttle. They will go when the rest of the hippos go.

Archived