(E) to south jamaica??? (J) to nassau???

blkfire765

here's my idea:

(E) to linden blvd: merrick blvd LCL

(E) line's new additional stops after jamaica center...

• 168th St-Archer Av
    ***goes down 168th St untill getting to Merrick Blvd and Liberty Ave
    also make it an EL before liberty av...
  • Liberty Av-Merrick Blvd
  • Linden Blvd
  • South Jamaica-Baisley Blvd FINAL STOP

(J)(Z)to Nassau: (J) jamaica LCL (Z)Jamaica EXP peak direction only...

additional stops after jamaica center...

• Jamaica Av-168th St
    ***make it a 3 track EL after 168th st
  • 180th st
  • 193rd st
  • 205th st
  • Springfield Blvd
  • Cross Island Parkway FINAL STOP

merrick blvd extention:2 tracks for (E)

(J)(Z) extention: 3 tracks for (J)(Z)...(J)LCL and (Z)EXP(peack direction only)

both new extentions are el, and extend to parts where there is no subway service.... many will hate this idea, i know!!! but it's just a suggestion.... incase the city strikes oil or gold or something....

any suggestions and/or comments will be appreciated. (T)(H)(A)(N)(K)(S)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

It sound like a great idea....I just think the last stop should be a a hub where people can catch more than 3 buses...if I'm right I think 4 bus lines run on merrick ( that's if u add long island bus think)....I think if u wanted to. Push the (E) I think u should push it one more stop to 165th street jamaica ave...there is(MTA)bus ...longisland bus and nyct there... so I think that's a better idea.......

Umm, like do you think the (MTA) has money for all this??!! Unles yuou have a capital plan for this. Plus there is no conection between the (E)(J)(Z) in queens. You would have to do it in Manhattan via the Chrystie Street Connection or brooklyn

Umm, like do you think the (MTA) has money for all this??!! Unles yuou have a capital plan for this. Plus there is no conection between the (E)(J)(Z) in queens. You would have to do it in Manhattan via the Chrystie Street Connection or brooklyn

This is why we need a Fantasy subforum, for ideas like these. Not to say that they are bad but they tend to cause a distraction to the rest of the forum when we are discussing real topics, like car assignments, pictures, service ideas (that won't be a financial burden to the MTA), etc. Just keep that in mind from now on. Other than that, your idea is not bad at all. :-)

This is why we need a Fantasy subforum, for ideas like these. Not to say that they are bad but they tend to cause a distraction to the rest of the forum when we are discussing real topics, like car assignments, pictures, service ideas (that won't be a financial burden to the MTA), etc. Just keep that in mind from now on. Other than that, your idea is not bad at all. :-)

thanks for the complement... your so right... we need a fantasy forum! these are ideas... and of course the (MTA) doesn't have the money for this! i mean it bearly has money for real issues! but it is only an idea!

i like the idea because it would lessen the burden on the buses in jamaica and make a lot of people in hollis and south jamaica happy with the growing population those areas subway service is definitely needed instead of sending the (J) i think the (F) would be better served to the (J) part of the plan and going to the cross island via hillside since the (F) already goes to 179st hillside

how about this....

(E) to baisley blvd: merrick blvd LCL

(E) line's new additional stops after jamaica center...

• 168th St-Archer Av
  • ***goes down 168th St untill getting to Merrick Blvd and Liberty Ave
  • also make it an EL before liberty av...
  • Liberty Av-Merrick Blvd
  • Linden Blvd
  • South Jamaica-Baisley Blvd FINAL STOP

(J)(Z)to little neck parkway: (J)Utopia LCL, (Z)Utopia EXP peak direction only...

additional stops after jamaica center...

• hillside av-168th St
  • goes up utopia parkway
  • Grand Central Parkway
  • becomes EL after grand central parkway
  • Union Turnpike
  • Long Island Expressway
  • Underhill Av
  • Northern Blvd-Utopia parkway
  • turns at northern blvd to continue to...
  • 205th st
  • Bell Blvd
  • Little neck parkway FINAL STOP

merrick blvd extention:2 tracks for (E)

(J)(Z) extention: 3 tracks for ...LCL(J) and EXP(Z)(peack direction only)

(F) extention after 179th st... make it a 2 track EL using the 2 center tracks at 179th st...coney island bound (F) trains terminate at 179th St...

Kings Highway bound (F) terminate at cross island parkway

additional stops:

• 193rd St
  • 205th st
  • Springfield Blvd
  • cross Island parkway FINAL STOP

The MTA will probably never build new EL trackage above streets ever again, so you can toss that out the window.

The plan for the upper level portion of the Archer Avenue extension must have been for it to run on the LIRR locust manor line to probably the Rosedale station. After Parsons Archer the tracks curve south under 160th st and stop at South Road. The most logical ROW is the LIRR. The only road wide enoguh for subway is Merrick Blvd, but there's no way to get there from where the current end of construction is.

Personally I would build a station right over/next to Green Acres Mall as a terminal. The Q85/Q5 is a long ride to the mall currently.

And a fantasy forum isn't needed. These are totally valid ideas that could and should discussed as apposed to people going "OH LOL ITZ NEVER GUNNA HAPPEN SO LETZ TALk ABOUT IT IN FANTACY LANDzOr HARHAR!"

I think the most realistic plan is to continue the work that's already in place. The (E) should capture the LIRR branch to Rosedale, Qns. ... create two new stations:

Linden Blvd.

Baisley Blvd.

And utilize current stations

Locust Manor (Farmers Blvd.)

Laurelton

Rosedale

As for the (J) the first extension should be to Merrick Blvd./165th St.

then to Hollis and eventually possibly to Queens Village via Jamaica Ave.

I think the most realistic plan is to continue the work that's already in place. The (E) should capture the LIRR branch to Rosedale, Qns. ... create two new stations:

Linden Blvd.

Baisley Blvd.

And utilize current stations

Locust Manor (Farmers Blvd.)

Laurelton

Rosedale

Even if the (MTA) wanted to "capture" that branch, would the LIRR be at all willing to relinquish it? Enough riders use the current LIRR stations, not to mention (usually) all Far Rock/Long Beach/West Hempstead bound trains run on those tracks, even if they skip the zone 3 stations. That's a train in either direction pretty much every half hour or more on weekdays. If the (E) wanted to run on this branch at all, the (MTA) would have to furnish additional tracks.

I'm pretty sure all trains would be rerouted to use the St. Albans branch. People using the Locust Manor, Laurelton and Rosedale stations would be switching to the subway. if they want LIRR service they could switch at Supthin.

There's not enough room to build more tracks on either side of the existing two and they probably didn't plan on building over them. Although that's a bit more feasible, it's cheaper to take over LIRR trackage and inconvenience a few people and convenience A WHOLE lot more.

Yes there is good ridership on those stations currently (especially Locust Manor being next to Rochdale) but if they were to be turned ot subway it'd probably double or even triple in usage. It would bring business and boost neighborhood population even more. Espeically if it were to be brought over to Green Acres Mall.

While NYCT and LIRR are separate divisions... money to the MTA overall is money to the MTA. I'm sure there would be more revenue per year if those stations were subway.

How much bottle necking could actually occur on the Montauk branch if the Locust Manor branch was converted to a subway? Their is only one stop on the Montauk branch, St. Albans.

As far as the LIRR relinquishing the branch, like Tbirdbassist stated its all MTA and a subway would way more desirable to the public.

Remember this was a plan the TA was actually going to implement and would cost way less then constructing new tunnels under Merrick. Really the only tunneling that needs to be done is a connection to the end of the (E) tunnel tail tracks to the Locust Manor branch ROW, a matter of a few hundred feet.

I like the idea of an (E) extension but not down the LIRR tracks. People who take the LIRR at Locust Manor, Laurelton and Rosedale like it better than taking a bus to the (E) because the commute to and from Manhattan can be as much as 2 hours where as the LIRR takes like 30 minutes. The (E) is already too slow and I believe at or above capacity. I couldn't even begin to imagine how loud those subway cars would be. It would have been nice to have that SBS Q5.

I personally haven't ridden the (E) in a good 2 to 3 years because the LIRR is way faster and more convenient (but costs more).

Archived