What Will the B Division Roster Look Like After all R160's are delivered?

Maserati7200

After all option II is done from both manufacturers, how would the B division look? Now what looks like is going to happen (after all Jamaica 60' SMEEs are gone) is that the R46's at Jamaica will push out the R32's on the (A)(C), and the R160's will take the place of those R46's going to the (A)(C). What I'm not so sure of is the calculations. How many R160's will be on the (F)(R)(V)?

(A): R44, R46

(B): R68/R68A

(C): R44, R46

(D): R68

(E): R160

(F): R160 (maybe some R46?)

(G): R46

(J): R160

(L): R143, R160

(M): R160

(N): R160

(Q): R68/R68A, R160

(R): R160, R46

(S): R68

(V): R46 (maybe some R160?)

(W): R160

(Z): R160

All i can think of is No more Rail Fan Window for the B Division if you love the RFW. Only thing is look at it via the Cab Window, which of course R44-68 may not work as some T/Os block the view

BTW are the ©s really gonna run R44? or R46 Only?

BTW you forgot Rkway (S) R44

All i can think of is No more Rail Fan Window for the B Division if you love the RFW. Only thing is look at it via the Cab Window, which of course R44-68 may not work as some T/Os block the view

BTW are the ©s really gonna run R44? or R46 Only?

BTW you forgot Rkway (S) R44

Oh, yea forgot the Rockaway (S). And once the R32's are gone, the (A)(C) would most likely fully share fleets to make things easier for service. So think the (C) may run R44's

that suck if J line will be all 160...I've been thankful to ride R-42 on the J line,since it's hard to get one now.

Yeah, especially since on average there are only four sets of them on the (J). I think it's time for me to railfan the line before they're all gone.

I think if the power issues get worked on in the rockaways, maybe 160's will go to the (A). But that's just me. I saw more 160 testing on the (A), but it doesnt mean anything.

All of option II R160's are going to Jamaica. Also, all R160's start testing on the (A) before going to the other lines to test. That is most likely because they are delivered to 207th street yard, which serves the (A).

What will it look like........?

......One bouring place and nothing but "this as Brooklyn bound/this is a manhattan bound/this is a Coney Island bound".

Haha, I love the R160 but I can't barely stand those automated announcements. Makes the city seem like one big airport. As far as the R160s having issues in the future, I'm sure issues will mostly pertain to the automated announcements and snazzy LCD displayed and LED strips. If it gets really bad (although I see no reason why it would) I can see them just placing plastic strips in place on the R142.

Being that I'm sure most of agree the R179 will be similar to the R160 is look and sound, better get used to the sound of whirring motors.

Yea, I agree, the announcements are so repeating and boring. SMEE trains have some nostalgia in them...

Not just the SMEEs, but the R62As on the (7)/<7>, which will be the ONLY line to have the railfan window until the R188s come in. The R62s aren't going to be retired anytime soon.

Based on my calculations, I arrived at this:

(A) R44, R46

(:P R68/A

(C) R44, R46

(D) R68

(E) R160

(F) R160 (according to my calculations, the F will be entirely R160 when the delivery is complete)

(G) R46

(H) R44, R46

(J) R160A

(L) R143, R160A

(M) R160A

(N) R160

(Q) R68/A (expected to be fully R160), R160

(R) R46, R160

(S) R68

(V) R46

(W) R160

(Z) R160

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

To sum it up, the whole B Div will be NTT except for the uptown IND, with a few older cars in Queens and CI. (I would hope the (G) would get 160's as well, for the OPTO service).

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

To sum it up, the whole B Div will be NTT except for the uptown IND, with a few older cars in Queens and CI. (I would hope the (G) would get 160's as well, for the OPTO service).

The G receiving R160s makes sense due to OPTO operation. But I think the priority is to put them on the E and F first, for CBTC.

Archived