What Will the B Division Roster Look Like After all R160's are delivered?

Maserati7200

For me, I would put the R-179 aside since the R-179 is really replacing the R-44's and it is not ordered yet or even in (MTA) plans, so thats said.

Now, the R-44's, R-46's, R-68/68A's and R-160's will cover the lines as listed, so I agreed.

Now, the (G) getting R-160's is still up in the air, but R-160's had ran and tested over the (G), as well as the OPTO and Culver Viaduct rehab brings clues that the (G) may get R-160's, but it is only a 'may' not a 'will', cannot make sure it is true yet...

Sometimes a train being tested on a certain line does not always indicate that that particular train will serve on that certain line in the near future. The G will benefit with R160s because of OPTO, but I believe the priority for the placement of the R160s at Jamaica are the E and F, first. Some will move to the R soon. There have been reports saying that a train or two will go on the V (but this will be very rare), but none about a train going on the G yet.

Guys, we shouldn't act as if we know much about the future. I was reading some old posts back in late Summer/Fall of 2008 and many people said the (E) would definitely not get any R160's, and it turned out being that the (E) was the first JYD line to get them, and now the (E) is fully R160. So yeah..

Guys, we shouldn't act as if we know much about the future. I was reading some old posts back in late Summer/Fall of 2008 and many people said the (E) would definitely not get any R160's, and it turned out being that the (E) was the first JYD line to get them, and now the (E) is fully R160. So yeah..

Well I think that there is nothing wrong with a little bit of speculation. We are here and not in the MTA offices with the real facts, all we can do is predict and speculate. Its okay to speculate and give opinions as long as those opinions do not indicate an incorrectin, as in that case 1 of the contributing memebers or the forums staff would correct them. Just because things arent written in stone doesnt mean no person can have an opinion. The purpose is to gain as much knowledge as possible, along with a little bit of fun ( specualtion, opinions ) etc - mo

Well I think that there is nothing wrong with a little bit of speculation. We are here and not in the MTA offices with the real facts, all we can do is predict and speculate. Its okay to speculate and give opinions as long as those opinions do not indicate an incorrectin, as in that case 1 of the contributing memebers or the forums staff would correct them. Just because things arent written in stone doesnt mean no person can have an opinion. The purpose is to gain as much knowledge as possible, along with a little bit of fun ( specualtion, opinions ) etc - mo

Don't get me wrong, speculation is fine, but I'm tired when people say they KNOW x and y will happen when they don't.

To add to that, one year ago we were all talking about how the (F) will get R160s in January. And guess what? The first one debuted in March

Archived