Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Dave160

Open Emergancy Exit's?

I was at Atlantic Ave yesterday on the (3) and at the front of the platform is a emergency exit. This time though the exit door was wide open. Aren't these things supposed to be closed most of the time? Anyone could just walk in there. At first I thought it was a exit to the trains but turned out to be an emergency exit. Could it be a safety hazard?

I dont think having a door open is aa safety hazard.. I think the entire door malfunctioned which caused it to remain open. Seeing people uses these doors alot..

I dont think having a door open is aa safety hazard.. I think the entire door malfunctioned which caused it to remain open. Seeing people uses these doors alot..

No not those doors by the turnstiles, i mean like an actual emergency gate with stairs leading to wherever.

No not those doors by the turnstiles, i mean like an actual emergency gate with stairs leading to wherever.

But same can apply of course, Ive seen these hidden gates you know..

But same can apply of course, Ive seen these hidden gates you know..

Well im just saying if someone walks down/up the stairs and falls, chances are there gonna sue for liability claim.

you mean these private areas?

Oh wait, ru talking about those EM exits at atlantic station south end on the (2)(5)(3)(4)?

you mean these private areas?

Oh wait, ru talking about those EM exits at atlantic station south end on the (2)(5)(3)(4)?

Yes I am.

im confused, how did u get these shots? Did you went in? Cuz then i dunno if its against the the (MTA) to enter this zone

I wouldn't go venturing around there. Could be alarmed or a transit cop hangout.

im confused, how did u get these shots? Did you went in? Cuz then i dunno if its against the the (MTA) to enter this zone

Well i only went in a few feet. The first pic was taken directly at the front. The 2nd pic was just taken from that stairwell on the right, the I just walked out.

Well i only went in a few feet. The first pic was taken directly at the front. The 2nd pic was just taken from that stairwell on the right, the I just walked out.

Still a no-no. Come on, you should know better than this.

Well he did what he did, and how can you tell someone what to do these days? It's for the people's risks, they're not supposed to enter these areas, but who's to blame when the door is open?

Yea I know I shouldnt have gone in there. I was kinda confused at first cause I didnt see the emergency exit sign until I looked back and it was on the other side of the door.

True, just confused Julio, if its an Emergency Exit, then why dont they have it with the Push bars, but they are locked?

True, just confused Julio, if its an Emergency Exit, then why dont they have it with the Push bars, but they are locked?

Maybe because it was unlocked, and I don't think the gates at Atlantic Avenue have the push bars anyway.