Medical Exam

I have to go back for the medical exam this week. With the 21 page booklet it asks you for your addresses over the past 10 years. Now I used to live with my fiance at her house in Westchester. We've had our problems as of late, say over the past year, and I have moved back and forth from there down to an apt in the city with a family member. Now I've changed my license to my family's in the city, but haven't received one with the updated address but went to DMV and had the change done in the system and have a bank card and a phone bill that is under the city address, but still have a car that is registered at the other address. Im currently in the process of looking at all available options on getting rid of the vehicle, as insurance in the city would be too expensive and working for transit I don't see the necessity of needing a car to commute to work. Basically Im wondering if the car would come up and be an issue and do they ask for proof of residency ? If they do require proof of residency would the 3 items I have be good enough ? Thanks in advance.

I have to go back for the medical exam this week. With the 21 page booklet it asks you for your addresses over the past 10 years. Now I used to live with my fiance at her house in Westchester. We've had our problems as of late, say over the past year, and I have moved back and forth from there down to an apt in the city with a family member. Now I've changed my license to my family's in the city, but haven't received one with the updated address but went to DMV and had the change done in the system and have a bank card and a phone bill that is under the city address, but still have a car that is registered at the other address. Im currently in the process of looking at all available options on getting rid of the vehicle, as insurance in the city would be too expensive and working for transit I don't see the necessity of needing a car to commute to work. Basically Im wondering if the car would come up and be an issue and do they ask for proof of residency ? If they do require proof of residency would the 3 items I have be good enough ? Thanks in advance.

No proof of residency is required. They could care less where you live as long as you get to work on time.

And I wouldn't get rid of the car just yet unless you live smack dab in the middle of Manhattan; the track work disruptions and the weird starting/finishing times of your shift might render your car very valuable. Where I live in Queens, it's 20 minutes to drive to Coney Island and 1½ hours by train. When I go to work, my car often goes too.

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering how extensive their background check was. I mean I don't have a record of any kind but was wondering how much they dig into things like address and education. A friend of mine works for sanitation and told me that one of the guys he works with at his garage got fired cause they found out he had a fake GED, didn't even know they had that. It took about a year but they caught up to him. Crazy.

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering how extensive their background check was. I mean I don't have a record of any kind but was wondering how much they dig into things like address and education. A friend of mine works for sanitation and told me that one of the guys he works with at his garage got fired cause they found out he had a fake GED, didn't even know they had that. It took about a year but they caught up to him. Crazy.

They seriously dig into your past. Don't lie about ANYTHING (not that YOU would, but others reading this post.) If you've been convicted of a felony, put it down on the form; I know an employee convicted of manslaughter who works down here so your problems couldn't possibly be as bad.

If you intentionally omit something, or lie, they will find out and you will 100% be fired, even if you are off probation. Be truthful and hope for the best, the TA believes in second chances.

A friend of mine went today and they gave her a start date. Lied on the education part of her paperwork. How was she able to get a start date ?

I think they do the background check after you are hired. These things are extensive and take a lot of time. What did she lie about? that she got her H.S dipoma?,the GED exam is a piece of cake,why anybody would buy a fake GED through the internet is beyond me. She is going to have a lot of sleepless nights to say the least. Talk about rolling the dice.

A friend of mine went today and they gave her a start date. Lied on the education part of her paperwork. How was she able to get a start date ?

I guarantee you that she will be fired for lying on the application and paperwork. The City and State and the MTA conduct exhaustive investigations and their paperwork usually says that dismissal is a consequence of submitting false information.

the GED exam is a piece of cake,why anybody would buy a fake GED through the internet is beyond me.

Not to go off topic but the GED test isn't easy as it seems to be like 10-15 yrs ago. I got my GED diploma April of last year and man that test was hard as hell. People wanted take the GED online b/c it might of been easier but they are no realizing that your GED diploma must be stamped, signed and sealed by your state and if its not then its a fake!

Not to go off topic but the GED test isn't easy as it seems to be like 10-15 yrs ago. I got my GED diploma April of last year and man that test was hard as hell. People wanted take the GED online b/c it might of been easier but they are no realizing that your GED diploma must be stamped, signed and sealed by your state and if its not then its a fake!

Well, I got my GED back in 1987, I studied a little bit and got a score of 289, good enough to get into Hunter College. I do recall that there were people back then who failed the GED several times. I was 17 at the time, you took your GED several years after dropping out of H.S. That could be a reason why you found it hard.

I don't believe the MTA has that much time on their hands to check everyone's background. I think they randomly pick one out and check.

I agree with you about that, it also costs them money. I think that it is messed up in a way that you could have a perfect record working for the MTA and one day they fire you because of something that happened several years ago.

The person making that call to terminate that employee must not sleep very well at night.

Archived