Updated Maps

this past saturday i went into the Kingston-Throop station on the (A)(C) lines looking to get the latest map and also to see a couple of (A)'s which were running local at the time i noticed though that my map was last updated march of this year,when will the MTA send out the updated maps showing the (5) fulltime service to Brooklyn & the (G) extension to Church ave?

Well of course the (MTA)s website is updated on this. It ill take a month or 2 just to completely be available in all areas until the (MTA) gets rid of the older Maps. Possibly the (MTA) building in Jay St bklyn has new maps as well as the Metrocard Building down at Bowling Green has. not sure. but it ill take time tho

There are 468 stations in the system. For the purposes of this exercise, we will assume that each station has four maps. Two outside fare control, and another two on the platform. That's 1872 maps, and we didn't even take into account stations with a ton of entrances/exits (i.e. 34-Penn & the 42nd street stations). Nor did we account for stations with multiple platforms (and therefore many more maps).

Give them some time.

There are 468 stations in the system. For the purposes of this exercise, we will assume that each station has four maps. Two outside fare control, and another two on the platform. That's 1872 maps, and we didn't even take into account stations with a ton of entrances/exits (i.e. 34-Penn & the 42nd street stations). Nor did we account for stations with multiple platforms (and therefore many more maps).

Give them some time.

Yeah, and especially considering its a minor change. It's not like it was when the Manhattan Bridge was reopening

Archived