Shots: The Metro-North of the South Bronx | July 13th, 2009!

mark1447

Like what you see? Leave a positive feedback! That would be nice!! =)

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

My latest and return of the Metro-North Commuter Railroad. Last time was before the TOMC, last month, but now back to track :)! My Next shots are the IRT and NYCT/MaBSTOA Buses! Thanks for your comments and watching!

Lines: New Haven(NH), Harlem, Hudson

Rolling Stock Fleet: M3A, M2, M4, M6, M7A, General Electric(GE) Genesis P32AC-DM(Alternate-Current/Dual Mode), Shoreliners 1/2/3, EMD GP35 Locomotive

All Shots taken July 8th , 2009

Melrose: M3A

S7300013.jpg

GE Genesis P32AC-DM w/Shoreliners

S7300021.jpg

S7300022.jpg

S7300029.jpg

S7300030.jpg

M7A

S7300033.jpg

S7300034.jpg

S7300036.jpg

These NH M2/4/6 series cars need cleaning!

S7300042.jpg

S7300043.jpg

S7300048.jpg

S7300050.jpg

S7300052.jpg

S7300053.jpg

Wye Tracks- 149th St Between Park Avenue and Grand Concourse| Harlem/New Haven Split from Hudson

S7300057.jpg

S7300059.jpg

S7300060.jpg

S7300064.jpg

S7300065.jpg

S7300068.jpg

S7300069.jpg

S7300071.jpg

S7300073.jpg

S7300074.jpg

Hudson Line View | EMD GP35 Locomotive (Maintenance Train), NH behind)[Thanks to Joe and CurAke79 for helping me figure out the Loco model number]

S7300081.jpg

S7300082.jpg

S7300084.jpg

S7300086.jpg

Video: Metro- North trains at Melrose (M1A through M7A + GE Genesis P32AC-DM with Shoreliners)

Double Click the Youtube video to watch at Youtube for more options, including Rating. Subscribe to me if you want as well =]!

Fascinating photos and video of some really interesting stuff. :cool: Thanks for sharing, Mark!

Thanks for commenting will always do m8 :)

R160 Maniac Thanks! NH vs Harlem B)

Awesome pics, and a quick question...

The GE Genesis with the NH paint scheme.... any difference as far as service or anything? I'm not as familiar with the MNRR, and I thought the Cosmos went to New Haven? Is it just a historical tribute?

Awesome pics, and a quick question...

The GE Genesis with the NH paint scheme.... any difference as far as service or anything? I'm not as familiar with the MNRR, and I thought the Cosmos went to New Haven? Is it just a historical tribute?

Thanks and yes its just for tribute for new york new haven and hartford railroad.

Nice pics!

Aged Polaris - NH Genesis locomotives have been painted that way because of some nostalgia, they mainly serve around the New Haven line, Danbury, or Waterbury. They won't be replaced with other paint schemes. The state of Connecticut shares ownership with (MTA) over the NH line. A quick rundown on the usage for the fleets: Metropolitans serving the Hudson and Harlem lines, Cosmopolitans (red striping on the exterior rather than blue)serving serve the New Haven line (they have pantographs which other lines don't need. The NH line is exceptional with its overhead catenary wiring in the MNCR.) When there are car shortages the M2 will sometimes appear on the Harlem or Hudson lines. Basically how you can recognize an M2/M4 from an M6 are some interior differences, dark framed windows, same red but differently laid out paint scheme etc...

Nice pics!

Aged Polaris - NH Genesis locomotives have been painted that way because of some nostalgia, they mainly serve around the New Haven line, Danbury, or Waterbury. They won't be replaced with other paint schemes. The state of Connecticut shares ownership with (MTA) over the NH line. A quick rundown on the usage for the fleets: Metropolitans serving the Hudson and Harlem lines, Cosmopolitans (red striping on the exterior rather than blue)serving serve the New Haven line (they have pantographs which other lines don't need. The NH line is exceptional with its overhead catenary wiring in the MNCR.) When there are car shortages the M2 will sometimes appear on the Harlem or Hudson lines. Basically how you can recognize an M2/M4 from an M6 are some interior differences, dark framed windows, same red but differently laid out paint scheme etc...

Thanks for the info! I figured it was just a nostalgia scheme, which is pretty sweet.

I wish the LIRR would spruce up their cars with some nostalgia schemes, but I don't think the (MTA) would drop a cent, haha. So this also means there's no real difference between the red and blue striped shoreliner cars, too?

Thanks for the info! I figured it was just a nostalgia scheme, which is pretty sweet.

I wish the LIRR would spruce up their cars with some nostalgia schemes, but I don't think the (MTA) would drop a cent, haha. So this also means there's no real difference between the red and blue striped shoreliner cars, too?

I think the Red would mean NH and Blue for (MTA) but not much

Thanks for commenting, above....!

That would have to do with Shore Line East transferring all their Shoreliner rolling stock to Metro North for the use on Danbury and Waterbury branches! :P

• 5 months later...

Archived