14th Street on the 6th Ave line

INDman

I don't know if anyone here has noticed, but at 14th Street on the (F)(V) the drains along the platform wall that are inches above the floor have been covered. It looks like (NYCT) is trying to combat the rat problem in that area, I have seen many rats use them when they scurry away from people.

:cry:

I don't know if anyone here has noticed, but at 14th Street on the (F)(V) the drains along the platform wall that are inches above the floor have been covered. It looks like (NYCT) is trying to combat the rat problem in that area, I have seen many rats use them when they scurry away from people.

These covers also exist at Ralph Avenue on the (C).

Maybe its just me, but I've noticed that IND local stations tend to have more rats than other stations. Well I've at least noticed more rats in IND local stations than other stations.

In that case, you haven't seen Kew Gardens or Jay Street. They're express stations and rats have a field day when no one's around.

I saw a rat running across the walkway b/w the street level and platforms @ World Trade Center PATH station and my friend chased it and then kicked it. One day I was @ 7th Avenue-53rd Street (:P(D)(E) station, I saw a rat walking down the stairs with the passengers coming from the (D) and transferring downstairs for the Uptown and Queens (E)....they screamed ran back up the stairs so fast. I almost fell out of laughter b/c it was so funny, you thought they seen a ghost or something lol!

Maybe its just me, but I've noticed that IND local stations tend to have more rats than other stations. Well I've at least noticed more rats in IND local stations than other stations.

Have you ever been to any of the stations on the BMT Center Street line? Those stations have more rats that any other place in the system. Also, in the 39th Street yard by the garbage platforms there are always hundreds of rats.

Have you ever been to any of the stations on the BMT Center Street line? Those stations have more rats that any other place in the system. Also, in the 39th Street yard by the garbage platforms there are always hundreds of rats.[/quote

I've only actually got off the train on Broad and Fulton street on that line. didn't notice any rats. Although I imagine that Chambers street on that line would be filled with rats.

Have you ever been to any of the stations on the BMT Center Street line? Those stations have more rats that any other place in the system. Also, in the 39th Street yard by the garbage platforms there are always hundreds of rats.[/quote

I've only actually got off the train on Broad and Fulton street on that line. didn't notice any rats. Although I imagine that Chambers street on that line would be filled with rats.

Check out Chambers, Bowery and Canal. They are rat infested, but Essex, Broad, and Fulton are not so bad.

IND: true. Local: not necessarily. The most rats I have seen are at Port Authority-42nd St, West 4th St-Washington Square, Jay Street and Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts, all of which are express stations.

Chambers St on the (J)(M)(Z) is probably also infested, but I rarely get off a train there, so I don't know.

What's the deal with rats? Man, the MTA really has a rat problem! And we though the biggest thing in their hands was the bailout.

It's shocking that elevated stations have rats as well. And don't even get me started on the open-cut ones.

What's the deal with rats? Man, the MTA really has a rat problem! And we though the biggest thing in their hands was the bailout.

It's shocking that elevated stations have rats as well. And don't even get me started on the open-cut ones.

Their finances IS the bigger problem. Rats in tunnels, tracks, and stations is a minor nuisance compared with the rats in white collared shirts and the rats in government!

Ah, a common miss conception. There are not nearly as many rats in the tunnel as there are in stations. There are not that many rats in the tunnel because the is not that much food for them there.

Archived