R160A and R160B option order 2

Railfaner100

Will there be any R160B siemens cars in the second option order of the R160Bs?

That is correct. I've read it somewhere on an Alstom press release. Alstom will supply traction motors for half the second option R160B cars. The other half will be supplied by something different from Alstom, presumably Siemens.

Also, I heard something very different, You might see the last 200 R160's going to another 2 Lines and yard. And Here's a Hint:

A Subway Line that Always Used Older subway Equipment

A Subway Line that we all know so well.

If you are talking about the A and C, I'll say, it might as well happen, however, I don't see it happening any time soon. There must be substantiated proof or documentation from a well trusted source, until then, we will assume that the new option cars will we placed according to what WideCab said.

I guess it'll be 70 for CI and 70 for Jamaica,i have a list of the R160's and they

are going:

A) Alstom built 4-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, R-160A-1s 8313-8652 (340) @ East New York

:P Alstom-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, R-160A-2s 8653-8712 (60) @ Coney Island

C) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, R-160Bs 8713-8842 (130) @ Coney Island

D) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Siemens propulsion, R-160Bs 8843-8972 (130) @ Coney Island

E) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Siemens propulsion, Option I R-160Bs 8973-9102 (130) @ Coney Island

F) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, Option I R-160Bs 9103-9162 (20) @ Coney Island (40) @ Jamaica

G) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, Option I R-160Bs 9163-9232 (70) @ Jamaica

H) Alstom-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, Option I R-160A-2s 9233-9592 (360) @ Jamaica

I) Alstom-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix Propulsion, Option II

R-160A-2s 9593-9802 (210) @ Jamaica

J) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix Propulsion, Option II R160Bs 9803-9942 (140) @ Jamaica

K) Alstom-built 4-car units, Alstom Onix Propulsion, Option II

R-160A-1s 9943-9974 (32) @ East New York

guess i'll edit it as time goes on.

I would read what other posters wrote:

I guess it'll be 70 for CI and 70 for Jamaica,i have a list of the R160's and they

are going:

A) Alstom built 4-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, R-160A-1s 8313-8652 (340) @ East New York

:P Alstom-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, R-160A-2s 8653-8712 (60) @ Coney Island

C) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, R-160Bs 8713-8842 (130) @ Coney Island

D) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Siemens propulsion, R-160Bs 8843-8972 (130) @ Coney Island

E) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Siemens propulsion, Option I R-160Bs 8973-9102 (130) @ Coney Island

F) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, Option I R-160Bs 9103-9162 (20) @ Coney Island (40) @ Jamaica

G) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, Option I R-160Bs 9163-9232 (70) @ Jamaica

H) Alstom-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix propulsion, Option I R-160A-2s 9233-9592 (360) @ Jamaica

I) Alstom-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix Propulsion, Option II

R-160A-2s 9593-9802 (210) @ Jamaica

J) Kawasaki-built 5-car units, Alstom Onix Propulsion, Option II R160Bs 9803-9942 (140) @ Jamaica

K) Alstom-built 4-car units, Alstom Onix Propulsion, Option II

R-160A-1s 9943-9974 (32) @ East New York

That is correct. I've read it somewhere on an Alstom press release. Alstom will supply traction motors for half the second option R160B cars. The other half will be supplied by something different from Alstom, presumably Siemens.

If you are talking about the A and C, I'll say, it might as well happen, however, I don't see it happening any time soon. There must be substantiated proof or documentation from a well trusted source, until then, we will assume that the new option cars will we placed according to what WideCab said.

I know, But They have been talking about bringing the Last 200 R160's to Pitkin, I do Hope that happens, The (A)/© would be perfect lines to get R160's, Jamaica should not get More r160's, They are treating them like the SMEE's. And The whold Option Order II is no enough to replace all SMEE's, The B Divison will Only be 80-90 cars short.

The (A),(:P,(C) and a few (D)'s should get the R160's also, And I do hate these cars but for passengers on the (A),(:P,(C) and (D) deserve the R160's as well, I would only give the (D) 5-8 R160 sets while the (;)/(Q) would share their R68/A and R160A/B equipment, The (A)/© would share their R44,46 and R160B's, If this happens.

And I Do have a feeling about a 3rd Option Order, A senior T/O said that the R44's are going very soon as well, I presume Option Order III to knock some R44's out of their place (MK Overhauls) 1st if this did happen.

I know, But They have been talking about bringing the Last 200 R160's to Pitkin, I do Hope that happens, The (A)/© would be perfect lines to get R160's, Jamaica should not get More r160's, They are treating them like the SMEE's. And The whold Option Order II is no enough to replace all SMEE's, The B Divison will Only be 80-90 cars short.

The (A),(:P,(C) and a few (D)'s should get the R160's also, And I do hate these cars but for passengers on the (A),(:P,(C) and (D) deserve the R160's as well, I would only give the (D) 5-8 R160 sets while the (;)/(Q) would share their R68/A and R160A/B equipment, The (A)/© would share their R44,46 and R160B's, If this happens.

And I Do have a feeling about a 3rd Option Order, A senior T/O said that the R44's are going very soon as well, I presume Option Order III to knock some R44's out of their place (MK Overhauls) 1st if this did happen.

Ok dont wanna go ahead but if the R160 second supplement [[Dunno about a 3]s drop the R44s, this would mean the R179s wiuld push out the R46 and R44SIRTs and any remains from R32-44 if im correct

and wats MK?

We should definitely wait and see. If the R160s are going on the A/C, then that definitely means that 8th Avenue/The Fulton would not see the R68/As in the future! I'm quite curious about the number of cars planned for the "third option." If some of the R44s do go, then why the MK rebuilds? I thought MK would do a much better job than CI overhaul shop just as what happened with the R42s. If the "third option" is taken, what will happen to the planned 208 R179s. If the last 200 R160s do go to 207th, then the F would still have a majority of R46s. It's just very confusing...

Bud, do me a favour, would you?

Let's just all say that whatever Widecab said will be true. Because the second we all have contradicting theories, the forum will be buzzing with rumour, foaming, trolling and possible flame warring. To preserve the sanity of the forum, we must all refrain from those 4 things. I know in your heart that you think there is an third option. I'll tell you again, there is no need for a third option. Do the math. I could do it again and again and will tell you again and again, that there are enough cars to replace the SMEEs adequately without a need for a third option.

I don't think the R160's can legally replace the R44's. The R160's are being paid for by the federal government. The only way they will pay for it is if the cars the R160's are replacing have no more useful life in them. I think that means it has to be at least 40 years old. Unless the (MTA) is paying for it, don't expect to see the R44's gone before 2011. Besides, the capital plan says the R179 will replace the R44, so that is what will most likely happening.

Ok dont wanna go ahead but if the R160 second supplement [[Dunno about a 3]s drop the R44s, this would mean the R179s wiuld push out the R46 and R44SIRTs and any remains from R32-44 if im correct

and wats MK?

MK is Morrisen-Knudsen. It's a company where many cars were rebuilt in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

First off lets not jump into conclusions and think a 3rd supplement order may occur for the Revenue 160s. Remember the (MTA) doesnt have the money for this. So we dunno how things are going to work. Maybe the R46/44 would just benefit for the (A)(C)

Didnt I hear the (R)(V) could go R160 in the future?

Forst of all, the 160 order is far from over. They still have about 400 more cars to place into service. Look how long it took for the base order cars to enter service. It took two years to get all 660 cars in service. With car deliveries coming in slow, by the time the last batch arrives, the TA would have to begin getting rid of the R44's. Option III could happen. Option II was signed last November and now those cars (the Kawasaki units for the most part) are slowly coming into 207th Street Yard.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If I'm right, I'm right. The TA should make another option order to begin retiring the R44's. Remember, car contracts can be amended. The TA hasn't announced a winning bidder(s) for the 179 contract.

Perhaps you're right about this. We'll se what happens.

Archived