If you can run an MTA bus depot

jfkdepot09

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Ok I don't know if any one did this already but I'm gonna do it so sorry if any one did it.....

If you had to a chance to be the new gm of any (MTA) depot which one would you run....

what would be Your fleet....

What bus route would you add or take away...

would you keep or keep or change the name of your depot

Ok hear mines I only did a few depots...

Jfk depot - I would make jfk depot like a jackie gleason depot by taking all the rts,tmc out and just give them orion 5 and former (MTA) t.a orion 5 ,orion 7 and orion 7ng

Far rockway- depot keep the same just add some former(MTA) orion 5

College point- they are well overdue for new/former (MTA)buses they should get former (MTA)orion 5 and they should get cng from jackie gleason depot....(that should make room for jackie to get some orion 7 ng cngs) college point will aslo get a small amount of ng cng

That's all I have...for now please do feel free to comment thanks

Baisley Park Depot:

Split the Q85 and Q110 between Baisley Park Depot and Jamaica Depot.

Run artics in conjunction with the 40 foot buses on the Q85, Q111 and Q113 during rush hours.

Bring some O5's in because they have more room than RTS's.

I would change the name to Queens Transit and make this depot 90% EXP which might happen anyway:p

All QM1 6ave 3ave - Terminate in Fresh Med

All Wall St QM1A QM11 QM24 First stop Queens CTR Mall to Transfer the rest of the way QM1 Fresh Med

QM11WS new last stop LGA

QM24WS new last stop Fresh Pond RD

QM1A terminate LIE Little Neck Pkwy

QM1A North Shore Towers with new 260st Glen Oaks loop

QM2 Bayside terminates at FT Totten Mall

QM7 fmly QM2A Term. at 26 CLRVW EXP

QM4 Term. Fresh Med Loop

QM10-24 8 Ave Exp

All Midtown buses still term at 57st

All Wall St buses term. at Pearl FRKFT

Queens CTR Transfer PT just like our 188st transfer point.

Q66 Artics and RTS Nova buses all Q66 term at Queens PlZ

Q65 Artics RTS Nova all buses limited also Term LIRR ST.Jam

Q25 Artics nova all buses LIRR Jam.

Q64 All Artics New route 71ave - LIE Utopia Pkwy

Q25(L) Limited term Willets pt. formly Q34

Depot buses EXP MCI

local RTS Nova Artics yes we could hold these buses

And every member gets A pat on the back for doing A hrd job

all complnts unlessvery serious gets ripped up the job is hard enough as it is

And last but not least thanks JFKdepot for putting this thread up:tup::tup:

(K) <R> (3) (Q6) (9)(9)

• 2 months later...

I would make Far Rockaway Depot half 1998 Orion V CNG and 1999 Nova Bus RTS-06 and half 2004 MCI D4500s and 2008 MCI D4500CT running the CNGs and novas on the Q21, Q22, and Q35 and the MCIs on the QM15, QM16, QM17, and the QM18 and I would make the Q22 Limited and get the Q11, Q113, and the Q53 transferred to FRD

I would govern all the local buses @ 65 MPH, express buses 75 MPH. Give overhauls every two years (New carpet seats, repaint etc...). Clean the inside of the buses once a week and the outside every day. If the bus has, squeaky breaks, vandalized windows, Broken A/C, Broken signs or stuck in one gear its getting pulled from sevice ASAP. Camaras would be put in the buses. No bus would be allowed to run in service if it has chipping paint and is a eyesore to look at. Old buses (Like TMCs, 1xx-6xx Orions etc...) would get the equal amount of TLC as the newer buses do. No slow buses, they all will be maintained to be rockets and have strong takeoff. I would'nt mind being the GM of any NYCT/MTA bus Depot.

I would govern all the local buses @ 65 MPH, express buses 75 MPH. Give overhauls every two years (New carpet seats, repaint etc...). Clean the inside of the buses once a week and the outside every day. If the bus has, squeaky breaks, vandalized windows, Broken A/C, Broken signs or stuck in one gear its getting pulled from sevice ASAP. Camaras would be put in the buses. No bus would be allowed to run in service if it has chipping paint and is a eyesore to look at. Old buses (Like TMCs, 1xx-6xx Orions etc...) would get the equal amount of TLC as the newer buses do. No slow buses, they all will be maintained to be rockets and have strong takeoff. I would'nt mind being the GM of any NYCT/MTA bus Depot.
The local buses barely even have enough road to reach 40mph to even be goverend at 65.To keep your buses running at your depot would require a lot of payola;) Can you say stimulus.;):tup:

The local buses barely even have enough road to reach 40mph to even be goverend at 65.To keep your buses running at your depot would require a lot of payola;) Can you say stimulus.;):tup:

(T)his is why our (C)(N)(G)'s are gov' to 45 and when deadheadin to jamaica or LIC they wish they had mo speed

Is only for (MTA) Bus or all (MTA) Regional Bus Depots

Brooklyn:

B15: Split with East New York and JFK.

B61: Split with Grand Av and LGA.

Bronx:

Bx12 Local: Split with Eastchester, Gun Hill, Kingsbridge.

Bx12 Select Bus Service: Split with Gun Hill and 126th St.

Bx36: Split with Kingsbridge and West Farms.

Manhattan:

M31: Split with MJQ and 126th St.

M60: Split with Manhattanville and LGA.

M66: Split with 126th St and MJQ.

M72: Split with 126th St and MJQ.

M79: Split with MJQ and 100th St Depot.

M96: Split with Manhattanville, 126th St and 100th St.

M104: Split with Manhattanvile and MJQ.

Queens:

Q17: Split with Jamaica and Casey Stengel.

Q19: Split with LGA and College Point, well as Casey Stengel.

Q20A/B: Split with Casey Stengel or College Point & Jamaica or Baisley Park.

Q11/Q21: Split with JFK and LGA.

Q32: Split with MJQ, LGA, Casey Stengel.

Q25/Q34/Q65: Split with Baisley Pakr & College Point.

Q39: Split with LGA and Fresh Pond

Q44: Split with Casey Stengel, Jamaica, Baisley Park, Eastchester, Gun Hill or West Farms.

Q53: Split with LGA and Far Rockaway.

Q60: split with Jamaica, Baisley or Michael J. Quill.

Q101: Split with LGA, College Point, MJQ.

Q102: Split with LGA and College Point.

Q103: Split with LGA and College Point.

Q104: Split with LGA and College Point.

Express Buses:

(NYCT) Express buses serve midtown with also share with MJQ.

BM1/BM2/BM3/BM4/BM5: Split with Spring Creek and MJQ.

BxM1/BxM2/BxM3/BxM4A/BxM4B: Split with Yonkers and MJQ.

BxM6/BxM7A/BxM9/BxM11: Split with Eastchester and MJQ.

Queens Manhattan express buses will also share depot with LGA and College Point.

Is only for (MTA) Bus or all (MTA) Regional Bus Depots

Brooklyn:

B15: Split with East New York and JFK.

B61: Split with Grand Av and LGA.

Bronx:

Bx12 Local: Split with Eastchester, Gun Hill, Kingsbridge.

Bx12 Select Bus Service: Split with Gun Hill and 126th St.

Bx36: Split with Kingsbridge and West Farms.

Manhattan:

M31: Split with MJQ and 126th St.

M60: Split with Manhattanville and LGA.

M66: Split with 126th St and MJQ.

M72: Split with 126th St and MJQ.

M79: Split with MJQ and 100th St Depot.

M96: Split with Manhattanville, 126th St and 100th St.

M104: Split with Manhattanvile and MJQ.

Queens:

Q17: Split with Jamaica and Casey Stengel.

Q19: Split with LGA and College Point, well as Casey Stengel.

Q20A/B: Split with Casey Stengel or College Point & Jamaica or Baisley Park.

Q11/Q21: Split with JFK and LGA.

Q32: Split with MJQ, LGA, Casey Stengel.

Q25/Q34/Q65: Split with Baisley Pakr & College Point.

Q39: Split with LGA and Fresh Pond

Q44: Split with Casey Stengel, Jamaica, Baisley Park, Eastchester, Gun Hill or West Farms.

Q53: Split with LGA and Far Rockaway.

Q60: split with Jamaica, Baisley or Michael J. Quill.

Q101: Split with LGA, College Point, MJQ.

Q102: Split with LGA and College Point.

Q103: Split with LGA and College Point.

Q104: Split with LGA and College Point.

Express Buses:

(NYCT) Express buses serve midtown with also share with MJQ.

BM1/BM2/BM3/BM4/BM5: Split with Spring Creek and MJQ.

BxM1/BxM2/BxM3/BxM4A/BxM4B: Split with Yonkers and MJQ.

BxM6/BxM7A/BxM9/BxM11: Split with Eastchester and MJQ.

Queens Manhattan express buses will also share depot with LGA and College Point.

wth?

Yuki that's not that the OP asked for.

___

I would run the LGA Depot. Everyone knows how bad LGA maintenance is so I would first work on the maintenance, to make the depot an obove-average one in terms of maintenance.

There are 56 TMC RTS's at LGA that need to be retired. 30 would be retired by the NG's that LGA is supposed to get. The other 26 would be gotten from the highest numbered 1995-7 Novas at Jamaica, displaced by their NG order. For logistical reasons I would swap out the lower numbered Novas at LGA (ex - 8807, 8872, etc) with the 9300's at the other depots that have 9300's, so the fleet numbering is more uniform.

The Q100 and Q101 would go to LGA, and the express bus routes(# escapes my mind) that were going to be transferred to CP, would for the winter pick. To compensate for the lack of space, the Q53 would be split with FR, and the Q39 would be sent to FP. The Q67 would be sent to FP.

I too would be in favor of a numbering uniformity. If I had things my way, they would give more NG's to one depot like 50% of the regular fleet than to spread out the buses like they have.

All the 99 Novas or at least the majority of the 5000-5200 # buses should then be based from Flatbush and Ulmer Park. Ulmer Park would also have a majority of the #9600 97-98 Novas. The B100 should be based from Flatbush, but I am not sure what line to give SC in return.

Out of (J)(F)(K) and cp...I would wanna start with cp...I wanna try someing new hear.....by keeping half of there (C)(N)(G) fleet the rest would be scraped.or most likly place in at jfk depot and bp depot....this will be a one year project..that would add (C)(N)(G) tanks to (J)(F)(K) and bp.....cp woulnd get orion (7)s half of the fleet froms qv depot and qv would get nexts gens (I know that qv is not slanted for ng but this fourm where can dream lol) so then cp would aslo get orion (V) from staten island to fill that gap.....the (C)(N)(G) that's are left would get a little make over....new floors 1x2 seats on all the cng fleet and orange lcd signs for all....NO CNG WILLL RUN ON ANY EXPRESS LINE.....

If you can run a mta bus depot

what would be Your fleet....

What bus route would you add or take away...

would you keep or keep or change the name of your depot

I'd run Baisley park depot...

assming that I'd have to house 150 total buses:

little over 2/3 of the fleet would be RTS' (107)...

about 1/6 of the fleet would be the '06/07 low floor hybrids (17)..

another 1/6th of the fleet would be MCI D4500's (19)..

the 08/09 low floor hybrids; the "nex gen's" [7]

New Flyer D60 HF's [2]...

-------------------------------

Bus routes...

I'd maintain the operation of the Q111, 112, 113, and the QM21.

I would opt to add the Q85, the Q89, and the x63.

I'd cease the operation of the Q110 (let JAM, JFK, or QV operate that route)

- I would make a push to extend the Q89 to Lefferts blvd AIRTrain station... making that route SOMEwhat more important

- I'd probably rename the x63 to the QM20, iono....

- the 2 artics you see there would only run on the Q113 route

- 19 MCI's for 2 express routes would mean a slight service increase on both the exp. routes that'd run out of my depot...

- service on the Q85 would remain unchanged...

-------------------------------

I would change the name of the depot to Locust Manor Depot... I want the customers that use the buses that run out of my depot to feel a sense of dependability & reliability, with a "neighborhood" type feel to it... whilst giving Jamaica less of a burden on the service it has to provide in SE Queens....

far as the logo goes, It would be a picture of the actual apt. buildings, w/ the picture of an RTS, a LF, an artic, and an MCI looking like it's dispersing from the bldg's....

I'd run Queens Village

All of the Orion VII's and NG's would be scrapped. I would procure the Orion V CNG's from College Point. Artic would come from West Farms. Artics would be used exclusively on the Q43. Orion V CNGs would run on the other local routes. The express routes would continue to use D4500s.

Make everything GMC RTS.

Why is there so much love for RTS buses and Redbird subway cars on these forums? I am no "new car" foamer, but I don't understand the fascination for cars/buses that have been (or are actively being) replaced.

If I was a GM or manager of a bus depot, I would run East New York Depot. The buses need a major improvement at that depot. For starters and I'm not sure how East New York Depot is configured, but the former CMF would be converted so that additional buses can be stored and more maintenance pits with better maintainers can be added. I would reinstitute some type of level two program (it wouldn't be under the same name nor would be exact similiar) in which its mandatory for bus operators and supervisors to do a pre and post inspection of the bus as it leaves or enters the depot. Many if not all the parts of the depot would be rehabbed for a more environmentally friendly operation. (keep in mind with all of this, you would need money or capital to support these ideas, which is why this is a fantasy). The TMCs at the depot will be given a mini refurbishment or retirement. the NovaBuses would get a refurbishment (the 99's for example, would include the newer destination signs like the ZF ecomats). Buses would become ungoverned completely however each bus will be fitted with a GPS to locate and determine the buses along with a computerized system which would govern the bus if it is going to fast amongst the flow of traffic. Ex: Bus is deadheading down Atlantic Avenue, most cars are going 45 mph (keep in mind, dont kno the speedlimit of some sections), the bus at max can go 45, preferrably 40 but it would flow safely within traffic. Lastly, there will be no artics as I deem no route worthy of SBS (nor a slow down due to lack of passenger flow). Though much of these responsibilities probably aren't under a general manager, its just my ideas (simply fantasy, some of these ideas are fictiotious and/or probably in effect already). My post is getting a bit long so ill stop,lol.

Why is there so much love for RTS buses and Redbird subway cars on these forums? I am no "new car" foamer, but I don't understand the fascination for cars/buses that have been (or are actively being) replaced.

R33/redbird's = the nostalgia factor... the fact that the exterior of those subway cars were out-of-the-norm... it was something different... and I was alive to have remember a] seeing them & b] riding them.... you have to remember most of us on the forums range in age from mid teens to early 30's... which would mean anything from the late 1970's, onward....

I can't relate to an R1, an R10 (although they retired sometime in the late 80's) as much as I can the old redbirds, which were retired back in odd-3 (03)....

RTS'...

1) a picture of (the front of an) RTS is the insignia/sign of... any bus (in general)... look at what is on the tops of poles / shelters of most bus stops (besides graffiti).... The RTS is the embodiment of what a bus is supposed to be... sturdy, long lasting, durable, etc etc...

just like when you see fatigues, the first thing that pops into your head is something affiliated w/ the military....

2) the fact that people aren't nearly as hesitant w/ standing in the back of an RTS, as they are w/ standing in the backs of the newer fleet(s) of buses; crowd control....

3) the RTS & the fishbowls are the 2 "styles" of buses I remember riding on as a kid... the fishbowls are gone... RTS' still standing strong.....

That's the best way I can put it, bro............

Archived