If you can run an MTA bus depot

jfkdepot09

I'd run Queens Village

All of the Orion VII's and NG's would be scrapped. I would procure the Orion V CNG's from College Point. Artic would come from West Farms. Artics would be used exclusively on the Q43. Orion V CNGs would run on the other local routes. The express routes would continue to use D4500s.

Scrapped? Maybe for the OG's, but the NG's are brand new, wth are you scrapping brand new buses? If you don't like them send them somewhere else, but don't scrap them. There are older RTS's that really have to go over any NG's.

Let’s See, Create more money by having radio/TV type ads played in the bus (I Know MTA legal would not approve but with the all the chatter and noise from the HVAC units would not change a thing. Have Police officers in uniform and undercover on every bus for a particular line for a day during peak times for a)Anti-Terrorism :( Issue Fines for Fare Beating, short drops , Bags on seats, Eating on bus, not folded shopping carts and stroller, not give seats to Disabled, old, pregnant, blocking aisle this is random and does not happen every day, a so called Blitz. Better Information in bus stops (guide a ride) and shelters with lights, arrive times. RFID/ Barcode scanner/Magnetic strip Fare system in case one doesn’t work other system in place can also take credit/charge cards. Change interior of bus so it can be power washed for hygiene reasons. Camera enforcement of Bus stops, lanes. Have Line Stewarts (senior B/O's that gather information from other B/O that can be brought to management) like requests of adding, removing, relocating bus stops. Placement of parking signs that say Bus Turning Zone (no Stopping) instead of plain NO stopping/standing/parking so people might get the hint. Umm....... tapped out for now

If I ran a generic (MTA) Bus depot, I'd start by banishing the Orion VII NGs. I'd then bring back many RTS's (including CNG) and CNG Orion Vs. I'd also utilize a small handful (no more than 15) of Ikarus 260s, Jelcz M11s, and Jelcz PR-110Ms. For most express bus routes, I'd just use the MCI Classics (as well as the Ikarus 256 and Autosan H9-21 coach buses). I'd also make sure that buses stick to the schedule as much as possible, and that service is efficient, and not too crowded or strained. I would make sure that each bus is in a state of good repair.

If I ran a generic (MTA) Bus depot, I'd start by banishing the Orion VII NGs. I'd then bring back many RTS's (including CNG) and CNG Orion Vs. I'd also utilize a small handful (no more than 15) of Ikarus 260s, Jelcz M11s, and Jelcz PR-110Ms. For most express bus routes, I'd just use the MCI Classics (as well as the Ikarus 256 and Autosan H9-21 coach buses). I'd also make sure that buses stick to the schedule as much as possible, and that service is efficient, and not too crowded or strained. I would make sure that each bus is in a state of good repair.

What's your beef with the (N)(G)'s?

If I ran West Farms, I'd first give up a majority of the O7's. The remaining O7's would only run on the Bx32, Bx33, and Bx8. I would bring in the O5 CNG's from College Point (better known as the Flushing buses) to replace them.

I agree with everything except the MCI Classic on the express bus.

At least they are new buses and I do not have to deal with the GM RTS which broke down frequently when I had to take the Q18, Q19, and Q19A

Tell that to Forest Glen, since he loves the RTS's so much. I liked them too but it's time for a change

Archived