Quiet Lex

Joe

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

I think this is the first time i've produced something half-way acceptable underground. Usually anything without daylight is an epic failure for me. Been enjoying the effect of "crank the ISO & desaturate".

Thanks Curtis & Mark. Bit of a challenge shooting at Union Square...no matter where you stand someone is bumping into you (usually I try to hide behind staircases and pillars).

Welcome to (MTA) New York City Subway, its mostly the ppl in Manhattan that want to be rude...they either jump infront of your shot or bump you like you said and not want to say sorry b/c their lives so damn important that they have to rush!

Thanks Curtis & Mark. Bit of a challenge shooting at Union Square...no matter where you stand someone is bumping into you (usually I try to hide behind staircases and pillars).

Well in behind the first staircase on the uptown side there is la little bit of room to take a pic, bu it ill come out crappy when people crowd up

CurAke79 yup your right, yesterday during the (1) g/o, i was taken a pic of Bx35 at 181st, St. Nicholas, I go pissed off cuz ma people were scrambling me, which caused me to take a shot of the front part of the Orion 7 CNG!

Thanks guys (and gals :P)!

Slammin pics! IMO, the person in the first shot made the picture better.

I don't generally go out in rush hours (too many people) but if that train doesn't come after 2-3 minutes, everyone starts getting antsy. I had no idea the (4) & (5) ran on such short headways.

At Brooklyn Bridge I was waiting for a (6) which didn't come for a good 5-6 minutes or so...so I decided to get on at the other side and ride through the loop; when the train finally came and we made it to the uptown side, everyone was staring at me like "how the hell did this guy get on the train?" ;)

Excellent work.

I feel what you're saying about the poor lighting situation. Some SLRs have VR, which helps a little. I try to use some random object instead of a tripod (like a trash can, seats, poles, whatever...)

Archived