What should I expect as a new Conductor (NYCT)?

puertorocks

In that case, if possible would it be better to use vacation days if you are sick or just suck it up unless you are basicly dead?
Try and use a Vacation Day and see what they tell u...The only way you can use a Vacation day on the spot is for an "EMERGENCY." Yur excuse better be good too!You can call out sick,just make sure you don't create any patterns and ALWAYS bring doctors lines even if you don't need them.

4 days into the job and everything is going great!! I went to the union hall on 64th st and west end ave and everyone seemed to care about our needs! I met Roger Toussaint!! I have to go to PS 248 tomorrow.

Hearing you say you met that scumbag, lying, unintelligent, thief Touissant at the union hall makes me sick!! He has NO business being there, he no longer works for the local!!!!!

Hearing you say you met that scumbag, lying, unintelligent, thief Touissant at the union hall makes me sick!! He has NO business being there, he no longer works for the local!!!!!

Does he still work for the TA?

He got fired from the TA many many years ago.

What was his title and what did he do to get kicked to the curb like the bum he is? Also, when to the election results come out? I had heard that the ballot count is not till december.

What was his title and what did he do to get kicked to the curb like the bum he is? Also, when to the election results come out? I had heard that the ballot count is not till december.

He was a track worker. I don't know exactly why he got fired. Yes the votes don't get counted until december.

He was a track worker. I don't know exactly why he got fired. Yes the votes don't get counted until december.

He was a passenger in a non TA vehicle (Not Allowed), conducting union business during working hours (Not Allowed), that happened to be involved in an motor vehicle accident.. He was actually fired/unemployed by TA, when he won the union presidential election, and was re-instated upon appealing his case.. He's a control freak, and became everything & more he rallied against Sonny Hall for. I really hope once the new administration comes in to TWU they can bring the Fed/Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) enough crooked stuff to send him away with his buddy Brian McLaughlin..

What should I expect as a new Conductor?

To get abused the first year or two, miss almost all family events, and not have a real summer vacation for a long time..

On the plus side, your checks wont bounce, and you just got a contract giving you a 11.5% raise over 3 years which myself included paid $1200 in fines to get..

Welcome to the (MTA)! Going your way, 'as long as its the same way as ours!';)

To get abused the first year or two, miss almost all family events, and not have a real summer vacation for a long time..

On the plus side, your checks wont bounce, and you just got a contract giving you a 11.5% raise over 3 years which myself included paid $1200 in fines to get..

Welcome to the (MTA)! Going your way, 'as long as its the same way as ours!';)

Agreed. Just expect verbal abuse from thousands of whining passengers (you know who you are).

Agreed. Just expect verbal abuse from thousands of whining passengers (you know who you are).

I love it when passengers ask C/R why things happen when he/she has no control over. I remember at Columbus Circle one time they decided to send the (D) over the (A) line due to an incident or something (they made an announcement and this tourist/stupid person asks "is this train still going to Rockefeller?" the C/r says "no, we've been re routed, wait for the next (;) or (D)" and the lady talks to the C/r as if it's his fault and acts as if he can make the train go to Rockefeller. I was annoyed.

I ALWAYS love the street address questions.. "DO I look like a Mailman?"

Well, as a TO, you technically aren't supposed to open your window unless you are wearing safety glasses, so it does cut down on customer interaction.. :) One of the bennies of being in the front..

Hey I am going to be in B Div T/O School Car Sept 1.
Ayyyyyyy Dave wassup buddy? Good to know yur coming back!Why would they waste yur time tho?

Yes we were there.
Yeh? I was talking sh*t with yur TSS the whole time when you guys left to go to the (J).

I may have to do CBTC training again not sure its been about a Year and a half since I was on the (L) and ATO was not in use

Whats this your coming back to the B Div what the heck happened you have weekends off now don't ya ? Hector is happy as hell to be back on the (D) lol I saw him the other day.

Archived