It's a slap in deface on trains: MTA, cops cut subway graffiti by 46%

Harry

Graffitti on the exterior of cars takes guts, also a very stupid person to go along with those guts. You have to deal with the NYPD, MTA Police, cameras, uninviting fences, the third rail, etc. Its a stupid waste of time at the rsk to getting locked up or worse. The scratchitti though is a lower level of stupid than anything else I can imagine. It looks like crap, it is illegible, has poor grammar, and ruins any view of the tunnels or the elevated lines.

No one goes into train yards anymore to bomb trains. There is no point because they wont release the train until it is washed by the "buffing crew" That died out in the 80s. When ever a train gets bombed it is usually when its layed up between stations or in the station overnight.

You can't be serious, R160s are getting vandalized already? The Eastern Division doesn't deserve R160s, they should give them to Jamaica and they should get their R42s back, although Jamaica does a crappy job of keeping its trains clean so it's a lose-lose situation. But the R42s after years of abuse are a real eyesore. Don't get me wrong, I love the R42s as much as the other SMEEs, but they look really bad. Of course, we really can't judge on a car's aesthetics because they can sure as hell run great, which they do.

Whatever happens, I had better NOT see an R32 pop on the (J) or I would riot.

But then again, if the East Div doesn't get new cars just because the community treats them like shit, then what will they get? Remember, they are not fit to run R44, R46s or hippos.

But then again, if the East Div doesn't get new cars just because the community treats them like shit, then what will they get? Remember, they are not fit to run R44, R46s or hippos.

send them the R40M, R42s. The (L) used to run them before it got the R143 and R160.

You can't be serious, R160s are getting vandalized already? The Eastern Division doesn't deserve R160s, they should give them to Jamaica and they should get their R42s back, although Jamaica does a crappy job of keeping its trains clean so it's a lose-lose situation. But the R42s after years of abuse are a real eyesore. Don't get me wrong, I love the R42s as much as the other SMEEs, but they look really bad. Of course, we really can't judge on a car's aesthetics because they can sure as hell run great, which they do.

Whatever happens, I had better NOT see an R32 pop on the (J) or I would riot.

Keeping the trains clean doesn't have much to do with the overall performance of the car.

send them the R40M, R42s. The (L) used to run them before it got the R143 and R160.

There's about 200 R40/R42s left total, my estimate (not checking my sheet or anything). The (J)/(Z) alone need 152 cars. 200 is hardly enough for 4 lines.

Exactly. It wouldn't matter anyway. By sending them the old SMEE's, they are only delaying the inevitable.

It does matter, you have to send all those SMEEs back. And when it's time for them to go, which like you said, is inevitable, they have to go straight to the killing fields. Just put the R160s where they are. You can't change the spirit of the community unless they all think differently or that they all move. They will continue to beat up any car, regardless if its a SMEE or NTT. And what if all the SMEEs are gone? If you don't want the NTTs what will take over?

The vandals ride the trains at night and scratch or paint up cars because of the decrease in population that take the train during those hours.

There's no way to prevent graffiti just like that. And even if we catch a few kids doing it, they'll be released out of Rikers after a few months, and they'll do it again. This is why we need better laws.

I think Singapore has a death penalty for vandals on the subway which is why they're trains are so clean.

The vandals ride the trains at night and scratch or paint up cars because of the decrease in population that take the train during those hours.

There's no way to prevent graffiti just like that. And even if we catch a few kids doing it, they'll be released out of Rikers after a few months, and they'll do it again. This is why we need better laws.

I think Singapore has a death penalty for vandals on the subway which is why they're trains are so clean.

Singapore is crazy. You get whipped for not flushing.

Hmm, not a bad idea :P:P;)

It does matter, you have to send all those SMEEs back. And when it's time for them to go, which like you said, is inevitable, they have to go straight to the killing fields. Just put the R160s where they are. You can't change the spirit of the community unless they all think differently or that they all move. They will continue to beat up any car, regardless if its a SMEE or NTT. And what if all the SMEEs are gone? If you don't want the NTTs what will take over?

I think you misunderstood me. I was agreeing with you. I meant it was pointless to send old SMEE's to replace the R160's if the old SMEE's are gone soon. We just have to accept that ENY's R160's will be vandalized until they die.

Hmm, not a bad idea B):P;)

I think you misunderstood me. I was agreeing with you. I meant it was pointless to send old SMEE's to replace the R160's if the old SMEE's are gone soon. We just have to accept that ENY's R160's will be vandalized until they die.

Ah yes, Maserati.

You know what's weird, man? That a rough 70% of the threads here end up talking about car retirements and the R160s or some prospective fleet in the future.

Archived