Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Q25toJamaica

Catching a R68/A W

How many sets of R68s or R68As still run on the (W) and is it reasonable to find one easily? I want to record one for an important project.Any information is appreciated

I havent seen any in a while theres only R160s. Your best chance would be around the Astoria line.. Like Astoria Blvd or the Term..

I havent seen any in a while theres only R160s. Your best chance would be around the Astoria line.. Like Astoria Blvd or the Term..

For the vid I plan on boarding at Queensboro Plaza and taking it to Astoria boulevard

A C/R friend of mine was working both the (N) and the (W) last pick and he told me both are 100% R160 and the same is true this pick.

A C/R friend of mine was working both the (N) and the (W) last pick and he told me both are 100% R160 and the same is true this pick.

So is there pretty much no chance of finding one at all anymore?

Only if a (:P is rerouted to Astoria or if there is a G.O. on the (Q) which sends it to Astoria.

The only lines where you can find an R68/R68A on are the(:P(D) and (Q)Lines. It's now an extreme rarity where one would show up on the (N) or (W). They used to show up during the rush hours only but I guess they are now covered with R160s.

I'm sure there is still a slim possibility that an R-68 could show up on either line, but you'd be wasting your time to wait for one at this point. For Astoria, as posted, wait for a G.O. w/ the (Q) to Astoria. If you want the Brooklyn (N), the (D) will occasionally run to/from Stillwell via the Sea Beach, so you could probably still find R-68s on the (N) line at some point if it's important enough.