The latest on the Alex Rodriguez debacle

Harry

Now Alex Rodriguez wants to talk with the Yankees. The Yankees are now telling him we'll talk but on their terms and without his grimey agent Scott Boras. He (Scott Boras) cannot be at the bargaining table the talks start.

So what do you guys think happened, besides the obvious, that made Alex Rodriguez want to stay a Yankee?

Now Alex Rodriguez wants to talk with the Yankees. The Yankees are now telling him we'll talk but on their terms and without his grimey agent Scott Boras. He (Scott Boras) cannot be at the bargaining table the talks start.

So what do you guys think happened, besides the obvious, that made Alex Rodriguez want to stay a Yankee?

Only the obvious, nothing else.

Oh please as everyone said, its all about greed and now A-Rod has his tail between his legs due to bad advise and his own greed (almost no team is willing to pay that $$). But what kills me is the fact that Yankees pretty much said good riddance to him when he opted out, but now since this news is out they are acting as if they want him back. This is gonna really cost the Yanks. Oh and Eastman, I agree 100%.

Ugh, theres still talk about this guy and the Yanks. Geez A-rod, just go away. It was his decision to leave in the end, not his manager. A-rod is good but we can't deal with his drama anymore. Maybe we thought to early about him not being on the team. But right now, its just talk here on out til just about mid-February. Its the same thing everyday during the winter with the same talks. When he inks down somewhere, then I'll listen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived