9658 dies....

trainfan22

DSCN1222.jpg

DSCN1224.jpg

DSCN1225.jpg

The wire that was hooked up to the bus from the maintence truck to the battery compartment of the bus...

DSCN1228.jpg

DSCN1229.jpg

Here you can see where the wire is hooked up to on the bus...

DSCN1230.jpg

DSCN1234.jpg

This bus was bought back to life by the maintence guy then this bus went to the Flatbush Depot where the battery compartment was getting worked on at the maintence bay there. This bus was working the B36.

what type of engine does that bus have? i heard they have a detroit diesel 2 cycle 4 cylinder turbo diesel, is that true?

This bus has an Detroit Diesel 50 engine with an allison transmission. As for your second question, I don't know.

The same thing happened to me yesterday on the S62 heading to S.I. College. The bus went out of service a little after Jewett Avenue because of a overheated engine.

Speaking of which, what's the life expectancy for a bus? I know trains on average last 40 years. What about a bus?

The same thing happened to me yesterday on the S62 heading to S.I. College. The bus went out of service a little after Jewett Avenue because of a overheated engine.

Speaking of which, what's the life expectancy for a bus? I know trains on average last 40 years. What about a bus?

at least 15 to 20 years

The Life expectancy of an bus is 12 years, back in the day it used to be a bit higher when the builders used to overbuild their buses. Today the builder that still overbuilds its buses is MCI.

Havent seen a nova down in a while, nice pictures

Thanks

Archived