Nostalgia Ride: 81 Street-Central Park West

There's a fantrip going on August 2nd and I thought you guys will be interested.

NOSTALGIA RIDE: 81ST STREET-CENTRAL PARK WEST

$30, Museum members $25, Children (5 - 17) $10 including Museum admission

Ride the Transit Museum's vintage fleet! Enjoy exclusive access to the Museum before boarding for a trip east on the (A) line, terminating on Manhattan's Upper West Side, where we tour Arts for Transit's "For Want of a Nail," at the American Museum of Natural History. Walking tours of Central Park or the Museum wrap up the day. If you love trains, stay on board for an uptown trip and shop tour at 207th Street!

So who's going on this trip? I know I'm going to go on this trip and head through the 207th Street yard.

Note: 2nd Avenue bound (D) trains are running local from W 145th Street to W 4th Street during this time

Yep this will be a good one...get yer tickets already if you haven't.

Tickets will also get you in the transit museum in the morning before it opens to the public. The Arnines are also a good ride, I don't know the route yet but even when I find out I'm not posting it anywhere because you should go ride rather than "chase"!

Should be a fun day and something for everyone whether you're a person who rode those cars in regular non-holiday service :P, a family, a little kid, a buff, or just along for the ride.

how do you get tickets?

Call 718-694-1867

If you're paying credit card you can do everything over the phone, if not you'll have to swing by the museum and pay cash. That will ensure you a spot on the excursion and the day of you will just have to check in and your name will already be on the list.

This topic is not even 3 hours old, and a good refresher for the upcoming event... no one wants to dig up old threads.

I would definitely love to see the 207th St shops, anyone going grab you cameras!

Daniel - cool off with the caps next time, we know it's a great trip but everyone will notice even if it's not "in their face".

Call 718-694-1867

If you're paying credit card you can do everything over the phone, if not you'll have to swing by the museum and pay cash. That will ensure you a spot on the excursion and the day of you will just have to check in and your name will already be on the list.

You can also pay with Debit Card too or just cash..

Do they ever accept checks/money orders ? lol

You can also pay with Debit Card too or just cash..

Do they ever accept checks/money orders ? lol

If you're debit card has the name of a credit card on it, like Visa or Master Card then yes...

Checks/money orders you would have to ask about. I'm sure they do (I think I can recall a couple instances where people paid by check), but I would ask.

Geez people come to this but didnt wanna do the TOMC lol oh well

Does any1 know whats the route that the Arnies are doing?

Is it NYCTM- Fulton to Hoyt and then up (A) line to 207 Shop and back?

Geez people come to this but didnt wanna do the TOMC lol oh well

Does any1 know whats the route that the Arnies are doing?

Is it NYCTM- Fulton to Hoyt and then up (A) line to 207 Shop and back?

Haven't seen the GO yet but rest assured when I do, not posting it here or anywhere...

If people want to see it they should go and pay and ride and support the museum which is running the trips rather than chase the train around all day and not support the TM. If they're worried about photographs, the RTO employees responsible for the train are excellent about notifying photographers of photo opps and building a few into the route. Not to mention if you don't pay you won't get any shots inside the train, it will just be that same 3/4 profile of the front or rear of the train, or close ups of car number plates, all the stuff we've seen before...:P

I purchased my tickets with bveguy today,well actually they dont give u a ticket,they give u a recipt and you show it to them at the day of the trip. I was also told theres hundreds of seats left,so no worrys about no reservations left. This is whats gonna happen on the day of the trip,I was told all this by Luz,the trip coordinator:

9:30: Everyone meets at the museum and gets a 45 min tour of it

10:15: Board the Nostalgia train (yes,it departs from the museum),goes via the (A) Fulton line to Euclid Ave.

After Euclid Ave,it goes via the (A) all the way to 81 St-Museum,drops off a few passengers for the special optional museum of natural history tour. Then it goes to the 207 st shop for a shop tour. I forgot what they do after the 207 tour.

I purchased my tickets with bveguy today,well actually they dont give u a ticket,they give u a recipt and you show it to them at the day of the trip. I was also told theres hundreds of seats left,so no worrys about no reservations left. This is whats gonna happen on the day of the trip,I was told all this by Luz,the trip coordinator:

10:15: Board the Nostalgia train (yes,it departs from the museum),goes via the (A) Fulton line to Euclid Ave.

After Euclid Ave,it goes via the (A) all the way to 81 St-Museum,drops off a few passengers for the special optional museum of natural history tour. Then it goes to the 207 st shop for a shop tour. I forgot what they do after the 207 tour.

I didn't know it would go to Euclid Avenue. It didn't say anything like that and guys be aware that the Downtown (D) trains are running local from W 145th Street to W 4th Street during this time while Downtown (C) trains are running express.

I'm in! I've always wanted to see the relay tracks at Pitkin and the yard leads for 207th.

Go all the way to Euclid?:eek: I thought it would switch over at Lafayette or Hoyt (if its possible)

Don't tell me that there will be delays and holdbacks because of the increased congestion on the express tracks due to G.O.s.

Also, at the end, where do they let you off? Museum? 207 St. station? 81 St. station?

Haven't seen the GO yet but rest assured when I do, not posting it here or anywhere...

If people want to see it they should go and pay and ride and support the museum which is running the trips rather than chase the train around all day and not support the TM. If they're worried about photographs, the RTO employees responsible for the train are excellent about notifying photographers of photo opps and building a few into the route. Not to mention if you don't pay you won't get any shots inside the train, it will just be that same 3/4 profile of the front or rear of the train, or close ups of car number plates, all the stuff we've seen before...B)

Well ill see. But i got a question to u or any1. For the 207 Shop tour, is the train going in the yard. Or are they going to allow people to enter the shop for shots out of the train?

Gonna call Luz of course and ask or head to t/a museum tomo to ask for route/207 shop

Also, at the end, where do they let you off? Museum? 207 St. station? 81 St. station?

These trips always have multiple drop off points. The train will continue on, but the "last trip" at the end of the day if you will is always designed to make 3-5 different stops to let people off at whatever is most convenient for them.

So you can stay on till the very end, or get off along the way on the last trip...up to you

Well ill see. But i got a question to u or any1. For the 207 Shop tour, is the train going in the yard. Or are they going to allow people to enter the shop for shots out of the train?

Gonna call Luz of course and ask or head to t/a museum tomo to ask for route/207 shop

the train pulls right into the shop right after 207 st,they let you off inside the shop and then they give you a tour around the shop and yard.

Archived