Nostalgia Ride: 81 Street-Central Park West

Lunch break is at 3PM. They don't let you eat or drink on the train....

And is it also possible for us to take a group picture and put it up here?

Are you sure about the first one? And sure, a group picture would be awesome.

you can bring snacks and drinks on the train,just dont let the staff see it. im bringing a snack and a bottle of water.

Got it, I'm gonna bring a pack of Ritz and a liter bottle of soda.

you can bring snacks and drinks on the train,just dont let the staff see it. im bringing a snack and a bottle of water.
If you're saying don't let the staff see it, it's obvious that you can't bring it on the train.

If you're saying don't let the staff see it, it's obvious that you can't bring it on the train.

lol. hey,no one can stay without water or eating for all those hours,lol.

i'll be there early i have to look for parking

ok,c ya there! good luck with that! ;)

lol. hey,no one can stay without water or eating for all those hours,lol.

Someone said about a lunch break at 3. But still I may want something before then so I'm gonna bring a bottle or two of soda.

you guys are so worried about eating? who cares eat at the end of the trip.

Um, I can't go for so long without eating or drinking; I get migraines dude. And I don't think anyone else can go long without the same either.

Someone said about a lunch break at 3. But still I may want something before then so I'm gonna bring a bottle or two of soda.

yes,we visit the local area for lunch.

ok,good. im doing that to

Um, I can't go for so long without eating or drinking; I get migraines dude. And I don't think anyone else can go long without the same either.

I have to agree with you,I cant go that long without not having a drink or eating to.

yes,we visit the local area for lunch.

ok,good. im doing that to

I have to agree with you,I cant go that long without not having a drink or eating to.

Don't forget, the train foesnt start boarding till 1030 or 1045, so we can eat and drink till then, and we aren't going to be on the train for 3 hours, so it won't be more than an hour or an hour and a half ...most of us do that 2x a day commuting to work!!

Don't forget, the train foesnt start boarding till 1030 or 1045, so we can eat and drink till then, and we aren't going to be on the train for 3 hours, so it won't be more than an hour or an hour and a half ...most of us do that 2x a day commuting to work!!

were talking about on the trip between 11am and 5pm........

There is no eating allowed on the trip. I have it right here in front of me:

• Photography and video recording are allowed, but the use of tripods is prohibited.

• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

• Eating on the train is not permitted.

And to those of you going, I can assure you that the "NO EATING" rule WILL be enforced. The runs are not that long and you can go without food for a couple of hours at a time. If you get headaches, go ahead and bring Tylenol/Advil and take it with water, but no food is to be eaten on the train. If you get there early and you want to eat before you go, you can get food on court st. by the museum and come back before the train leaves, or you can go to the museum lunchroom with the food you brought and eat it there before the train leaves. At no point will you be required to go for more than 3 1/2 hours without eating, a lunch break is built into the schedule for crew and visitors alike.

Also to the one suggesting they camcord conversations about the trains and post them on Youtube, there are people who would rather not be posted on Yourube. If you're trying to meet people for the first time that's a rather unwelcome way of introducing yourselves. Just go and have a good time.

There is no eating allowed on the trip. I have it right here in front of me:

• Photography and video recording are allowed, but the use of tripods is prohibited.

• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

• Eating on the train is not permitted.

Also to the one suggesting they camcord conversations about the trains and post them on Youtube, there are people who would rather not be posted on Yourube. If you're trying to meet people for the first time that's a rather unwelcome way of introducing yourselves. Just go and have a good time.

And to those of you going, I can assure you that the "NO EATING" rule WILL be enforced. The runs are not that long and you can go without food for a couple of hours at a time. If you get headaches, go ahead and bring Tylenol/Advil and take it with water, but no food is to be eaten on the train.

eating a cracker is fine,as long as it aint a meal,people shouldnt take "Eating on the train is not permitted" so seriously.....what about people that are diabetic,they have to have some sort of food often. I have hypoglocemia,where I have to eat at certain times or else I start to shake and get light headed.

Archived