Why does the Roosevelt Island Tramway's fare increase along with the subway's?

MAA89

Why does the Roosevelt Island Tramway's fare increase along with the subway's? The RIOC Tramway is not part of the MTA and does not (I think) suffer from rising costs of maintenance or any of the financial hardships the (MTA) supposedly faces. Shouldn't it have kept the $2 one-way fare?

I don't think the issue is with MetroCards, since pay-per-ride cards work fine on the PATH where the fare is still $1.75 each way.

Why does the Roosevelt Island Tramway's fare increase along with the subway's? The RIOC Tramway is not part of the MTA and does not (I think) suffer from rising costs of maintenance or any of the financial hardships the (MTA) supposedly faces. Shouldn't it have kept the $2 one-way fare?

I don't think the issue is with MetroCards, since pay-per-ride cards work fine on the PATH where the fare is still $1.75 each way.

The same reason the bridges and tunnel tolls increase. The MTA likes raping people any way they can. Remember, they are theives, they just wear suits and do it legally.

The same reason the bridges and tunnel tolls increase. The MTA likes raping people any way they can. Remember, they are theives, they just wear suits and do it legally.

The MTA Bridges and Tunnels (formerly the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority) is an affiliate/subsidiary of the (MTA), so the tolls on them will go up when the (MTA) decides to its time for a bloodletting.

The tramway is operated by the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation, which has nothing to do with the (MTA) and cannot be forced to raise its fares.

Roosevelt Island Tramway has subway turnstile.

I thought RIT was raised on June 29th, but when I look at sign on tram window, July 1st.

Is Atlantic Express X23/X24 is $5.50 now because Atlantic Express page is not updated yet.

Archived