Subway signs

bentton316

hola guys, it's been a while. i was actually up in the city for a week, chillin' with family and best friends. i did take some pics down in the subway, i'll try and post them later on. but i was actually curious on something. after riding my <6> being back home, i was wondering. is it possible that i could get one of those subway signs that hang overhead by the tracks sayin' where the train is going? i wanted the uptown and the bronx (6)<6> train sign. is it possible that the transit authority could sell them, or make me my own? someone please, let me know. i would like to have one for myself down in my basement!

<6>

hola guys, it's been a while. i was actually up in the city for a week, chillin' with family and best friends. i did take some pics down in the subway, i'll try and post them later on. but i was actually curious on something. after riding my <6> being back home, i was wondering. is it possible that i could get one of those subway signs that hang overhead by the tracks sayin' where the train is going? i wanted the uptown and the bronx (6)<6> train sign. is it possible that the transit authority could sell them, or make me my own? someone please, let me know. i would like to have one for myself down in my basement!

<6>

It would be a violation to take the MTA's signs because you'd be possessing stolen property. And I don't think they make them for the public either. But you know what though, it'd be a good way for them to make money since they are already in the toilet. The MTA is in the process of selling nostalgic material anyway, like parts of the R32s, Slants and other car models. But I don't think you'd be too lucky posessing a sign.

There is a store on Bowery and E Houston in the city that has alot of old subway signs. The prices seem ok and if you get something, make sure you get a recipt or put it in your car to get it home.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Wasn't this question on the T/O test LoL ahhhyeh Bowery got some stuff

No. It wasn't.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

No. It wasn't.

Whoops my bad maybe you took the afternoon test but in the morning test let me rephrase the NYCT property question by the way was that one of the ones (9) you got wrong ? I was simply talking about NYCT property question :P(MTA)

Whoops my bad maybe you took the afternoon test but in the morning test let me rephrase the NYCT property question by the way was that one of the ones (9) you got wrong ? I was simply talking about NYCT property question :P(MTA)

The poster isn't asking for any MTA employee to give him the signs.

There is a store on Bowery and E Houston in the city that has alot of old subway signs. The prices seem ok and if you get something, make sure you get a recipt or put it in your car to get it home.

wats the store name? and building number, seems interesting..

Don't know, but it is right near Bowery and E Houston. It is next to the wall with a mural.

kool, how much would a sign cost like something like this:

route_designation_pbdave.png

or is it more like => Exit or something?

Archived