R160B Cab

Nature

If you are caught in the cab of the train, you will be detained and questioned. It's post 9-11 and most likely your life will be made miseable for a few hours. So the question you need to ask is, "Is it really worth it?"

Thank You!

But hey, they are just kids. They think everything is for fun. I hope when they grow to be 16 or older they understand wats Right and Wrong. Right now they are wrong as they are kiddies..

Now, everything is slanted on security.. I think it would be charged as 'entering a restricted area without authorization' or 'trespassing' for these kids to go in the cab, and any cop worth his salt would be able to come up with a slew of other things to write them up on, including violation of NYCT photography policy being they are not in an area open to the general public.. This is also why the ceiling light remains illuminated when the 160s cab is unattended, so people seeing the train pass can call (MTA)l or the police that somebody not an employee was in the cab.. For all the potential trouble something like this may cause you, it's not worth it.. The cab has no apparent danger, but what if some 'freak' saw them, followed the kids into the cab? The expierience they get might be way more than they bargained for.. Also, some tunnels, catwalks, areas adjacent to tracks aren't safe especially with 400 tons of train passing at 35 mph.. Stay out of restricted (MTA) areas, and enjoy your ride! ;)

Now, everything is slanted on security.. I think it would be charged as 'entering a restricted area without authorization' or 'trespassing' for these kids to go in the cab, and any cop worth his salt would be able to come up with a slew of other things to write them up on, including violation of NYCT photography policy being they are not in an area open to the general public.. This is also why the ceiling light remains illuminated when the 160s cab is unattended, so people seeing the train pass can call (MTA)l or the police that somebody not an employee was in the cab.. For all the potential trouble something like this may cause you, it's not worth it.. The cab has no apparent danger, but what if some 'freak' saw them, followed the kids into the cab? The expierience they get might be way more than they bargained for.. Also, some tunnels, catwalks, areas adjacent to tracks aren't safe especially with 400 tons of train passing at 35 mph.. Stay out of restricted (MTA) areas, and enjoy your ride! ;)

But according to the MTA ROC it says that you can take pictures anywhere, although u cant enter the restricted area. So you can take a pic of the cab from outside of the train, but u cant go into the cab

Those kids were not let in there by an MTA employee, they either picked the lock or the door was not even locked to begin with. The lock on these doors is not very hard to pick. The chinese guys who used to sell batteries on the train used to have a make shift key that would open up the doors on the A train so they could pass through cars..What they are doing is entereing a prohibited area which is tresspassing and is illegal. If caught, they could be arrested for it.

So this would be illegal also, or against the "rules"? Taken nearly 2yrs on when just 4 R160s were on the (N). Now i had permission by the T/O and knew the T/O, and you can tell obviously he didnt mind me recording and I asked him before I started recording. The days before I became a B/O.

My cuz is a T/O on the (4) and when im in town I ride with him I have vids but I will never upload them.

Archived