What to do when told list is expired

conductor09

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Title: Conductor

Exam: 3014

On Friday, July 17, 2009 I went to 180 Livingston st to clear a medical hold that was placed on my file on July 6, 2009. After the doc told me that I qualified I went to the HR counter. The HR rep informed me that my list/exam has expired. She added that the conductor class is now full to capacity.

Questions:

1- Can I be called if someone drops out before the class starts?

2- What are my options at this time?

3- Can I be added to the next conductor class? How long could it take for a new conductor class to be established?

Thank you!

Signed,

Confused and dazed :confused: B)

On Friday, July 17, 2009 I went to 180 Livingston st to clear a medical hold that was placed on my file on July 6, 2009. After the doc told me that I qualified I went to the HR counter. The HR rep informed me that my list/exam has expired. She added that the conductor class is now full to capacity.

Questions:

3- Can I be added to the next conductor class? How long could it take for a new conductor class to be established?

Thank you!

Signed,

first of all the freeze messed up everthing...but when your list number runs out theres nothing you can do but take the next exam and the exam 3014 expires in august 2009 next month so depending your your score you beeter hope you are in the next class if its anymore from your list there going to hire..i took exam 8024 last december and they still didnt send my list number or score..did you take that exam or the train operator exam last june?

first of all the freeze messed up everthing...but when your list number runs out theres nothing you can do but take the next exam and the exam 3014 expires in august 2009 next month so depending your your score you beeter hope you are in the next class if its anymore from your list there going to hire..i took exam 8024 last december and they still didnt send my list number or score..did you take that exam or the train operator exam last june?

Thanks for your help. I did not take exam 8024 nor the train op exam last june. I scored a 94 on conductor exam 3014...

Questions:

Thank you!

Signed,

thats f'd up man, i'd be going crazy thats a heartbreak situation

I have to be the unluckiest dude alive man.

I took that test in 03. I finally get called in for the first time in Oct 08. I took a drug test at that time. And due to the hiring freeze I don't hear from them until July 09. On July 6 I go in for my medical and i'm put on a med hold. I clear that 11 days later only to hear that my list/exam expired and that the conductor's class is full to capacity.

I guess it wasn't meant to be...

I have to be the unluckiest dude alive man.

I took that test in 03. I finally get called in for the first time in Oct 08. I took a drug test at that time. And due to the hiring freeze I don't hear from them until July 09. On July 6 i'm put on a med hold. I clear that 11 days later only to hear that my list/exam expired and that the conductor's class is full to capacity.

There has to be more to the story than this because during this "hiring freeze" that you speak of the TA was in fact hiring C/R's and T/O's.

Dude I am on the same list.....it expires in August!!.....no luck for me.......I got a 89.....ggggrrrrrrr

Officially, the list expires in August.

But in reality the list expired already. They are not calling anyone else from that list. The final conductor class with selectees from that list is already full to capacity.

That's my understanding.

Officially, the list expires in August.

But in reality the list expired already. They are not calling anyone else from that list. The final conductor class with selectees from that list is already full to capacity.

That's my understanding.

Contact your assemblyman or state senator right away and explain what happened. Their offices sometimes have a little clout with the (MTA). It's worth a try.

There has to be more to the story than this because during this "hiring freeze" that you speak of the TA was in fact hiring C/R's and T/O's.

One C/R class was hired in Nov. '08. The next C/R class was hired in mid-June of '09. There were, however, a number of T/O classes that started in that time.

there were no new conductor classes created from those that were called in october '08 for drug screenings. i was also called in october '08 for a drug screen and didn't hear back from them until july '09 to do another one. i asked the guy who swore me in whether or not there was a freeze, and he said there was.... so this is just a really shitty and indeed unlucky situation for the OP. i'd call HR and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Archived