Goodbye NYCTF

Forest Glen

Hey bro, take your time to recover as long as you need to. We live in a corrupt world that's progressively getting worse, day by day. I've been in cases where I just didn't give a crap anymore because of the same reasons your friend had, be it ungrateful "friends" or unfaithful people, but I knew that going down that path wouldn't be the right solution. We all go through problems, and I'm real sorry about your friend. It's a shame that things always take a wrong turn for the good, but don't worry. Not everyone can appreciate others' special given talents. Take as much time as you need to, but don't forget that NYCTF is another home for all of us here. And remember: when feeling down, ride the trains! It'll do you good! ;)

Things didn't exactly work out. My recruiter is a freaking liar. I'm out of the military. I hated it. It felt like a prison. However, that's the least of my problems:

I left NYC for Chicago. I took a flight to O'Hare. Then a bus took us to the base. The problems began immediately. I was called a retard because I took too long to take off my civilian shoes and put on the military boots. On the first night I got no sleep. At 3:30 AM me and a few guys were instructed to sweep the floors. I swept the floor but got cursed out because I swept diagonally, not side to side. The next day the RDC (drill instructor) said he was going to break my knees because I marched wrong. The RDC made my life a living hell. His favorite word began with f and rhymed with buck. He made all of the Subchat trolls look like saints. He called me idiot, moron, every vulgar insult you can imagine. Everyone at bootcamp had a surly attitude, even the people in the galley (cafeteria). Thee was no shower. There was a sprinkler that 5 guys had to use at a time to clean themselves. I asked myself what did I do to deserve this. I didn't want to be in the military in the first place. The only reason I joined was because an older sibling joined. I would've been better off in the Coast Guard. I eventually said screw it (that's not the word I used) and just asked to be released.

If you took it personal, then yes, the military is not for you. This is part of training. One of my uncles is an ex-marine, from you've said, it's a breeze compared to the Marines bootcamp at Paris Island. The purpose of the constant yelling, insulting is so that they break you down and mold you into a soldier that follows orders. They aren't doing it cause they hate you personally but they must break you down mentally. They must remove your mentality of a civilian and instill in you the mentality of a killing machine. Watch Full Metal Jacket and you will see.

Mr. Wilson i know we had our problems recently and i am sorry about your bad fournate. All i can is say stay strong. Please listen & watch carefully to this old(i know you not into 'oldies aka before your birth in 1987) music video but this is helpful. Hope you feel better. I think Mr Joel's lyrics is perfect reply for what you going through right now in your life. Peace.

Your Only Human Billy Joel.

Things didn't exactly work out. My recruiter is a freaking liar. I'm out of the military. I hated it. It felt like a prison. However, that's the least of my problems:

I left NYC for Chicago. I took a flight to O'Hare. Then a bus took us to the base. The problems began immediately. I was called a retard because I took too long to take off my civilian shoes and put on the military boots. On the first night I got no sleep. At 3:30 AM me and a few guys were instructed to sweep the floors. I swept the floor but got cursed out because I swept diagonally, not side to side. The next day the RDC (drill instructor) said he was going to break my knees because I marched wrong. The RDC made my life a living hell. His favorite word began with f and rhymed with buck. He made all of the Subchat trolls look like saints. He called me idiot, moron, every vulgar insult you can imagine. Everyone at bootcamp had a surly attitude, even the people in the galley (cafeteria). Thee was no shower. There was a sprinkler that 5 guys had to use at a time to clean themselves. I asked myself what did I do to deserve this. I didn't want to be in the military in the first place. The only reason I joined was because an older sibling joined. I would've been better off in the Coast Guard. I eventually said screw it (that's not the word I used) and just asked to be released.

I'm sincerely sorry about what has happened to you in the past few weeks, but seriously speaking...I mean...what were you expecting?!? To have someone come to you and say, "Welcome Mr. F.Glen to the military! Would you like some coffee?" Even the Coast Guard is going to bust your balls until they turn purple. It's the M-I-L-I-T-A-R-Y. There's no such thing as an easy military route, they're all hard.

Dude, take your time to gather yourself. It'll take a while, but everything usually finds a way to work out. You'll see.

And please, stick to civilian work.

The Military is mainly for people who want to be there, nobody forced you to enlist Glen, you did so on your own free will.

Were you raised in a "Leave it to Beaver" family type environment?

As to what happened to your neighbor his wife's recent passing most certainly drove him to suicide, any death in the immediate family will lead to that road. But that has nothing to do with you, so don't let things that you have no control over get you down.

Life is suffering, you are supposed to suffer.

Life is suffering, you are supposed to suffer.

No way. Life offers so many things that we are so lucky to take advantage of. Having friends, material things, taking vacations, finding a job, finding a mate, having a beer, joking around, all little things that lead to the overall joy of life. Of course suffering is part of life, almost as if it is to balance out the good things that we take advantage of; but, if you simply concentrate on the suffering then that's when you truly suffer.

I always say to people who meet me on raw, rainy days who complain about it being a terrible day that today is indeed a great day, but the weather could be a little better. The only bad day is when you have no more days.

No way. Life offers so many things that we are so lucky to take advantage of. Having friends, material things, taking vacations, finding a job, finding a mate, having a beer, joking around, all little things that lead to the overall joy of life. Of course suffering is part of life, almost as if it is to balance out the good things that we take advantage of; but, if you simply concentrate on the suffering then that's when you truly suffer.

I always say to people who meet me on raw, rainy days who complain about it being a terrible day that today is indeed a great day, but the weather could be a little better. The only bad day is when you have no more days.

Great post. Life is what we make of it and at the end of the day we are the only ones responsible for and capable of making our lives what we want them to be. :tup:

If we don't follow our hopes and dreams, no one else will. If we don't watch our backs, no one else will except our families.

Archived