PA Transit 28X Trip (Just One of Each)

R62A 1991

I literally got off the bus 30 minutes ago. Had to go early. Continuing with the PA Transit theme, I took this bus because it seemed like a long trip and a scenic one. That it was. What I really liked about the trip was the busway we took. We went via the West Busway to get to the highway, and there was no traffic whatsoever on the road. It only took 10 minutes each way to get through the entire thing. NYC could use something like that, but I know there is no space for it, so I'm not advocating for it. Here's a pic from the bus:

100_0867.jpg

And the 9-minute video of the West Busway. Notice the "stations" when we roll through. I like the idea a lot.

More trips to come soon.

Wonderful shot and vid!

Thanks!

Nice stuff!

Thanks!

sweet the best bus in my opinion to ride the 28X would be a Neoplan AN440LF for me the best reason I like the 28X is because its all Highway too (I wish all of our routes were like that lol).

Yeah, I have seen one on layover across from the CMU campus. It's nice being real close to it too. You would know too, since you're more familiar with the system than I am. Thanks!

you missed out though earlier this year they ran Metroliners (Neoplan AN345/3s) on the Airport flyer during what I think was spring break or something like that I cant remember but yah it was a cool sight, there will be times when you you might see one pop up on that very route because some weird driver would sneak one out lol but you gotta look me up one day and I can show you all the hot spots to get good pics in town and oakland.

Archived