A visitor in Rockaway

Far Rock Depot

Why would 746 be in Rockaway? My only guesses are:

1. TRAINING

2. SUBWAY SHUTTLE

CP is nowhere near B65 Street. FR is.

MTA Bus doesnt handle NYCTs Subway Shuttles.

Yeah if it were going to CP I'd imagine it would take Cross Bay

why enter rockaway to get to CP? i can maybe understand training. I know FR is never getting cngs or even a new facility anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

To Far Rock Depot---MTA Bus has handled subway and railroad bus bridges in the past---most recently in 2007 (when MTA Bus was used to aid Long Island Bus in a bus bridge for the Main Line and Hempstead Branch).

Any bus under Regional Bus (NYC Bus, MTA Bus, and Long Island Bus) can be asked to do a subway shuttle now; I would not be surprised if in the future, a Rockaways shuttle was done by Far Rockaway and Rockville Centre Depots.

• 2 weeks later...
To Far Rock Depot---MTA Bus has handled subway and railroad bus bridges in the past---most recently in 2007 (when MTA Bus was used to aid Long Island Bus in a bus bridge for the Main Line and Hempstead Branch).

Any bus under Regional Bus (NYC Bus, MTA Bus, and Long Island Bus) can be asked to do a subway shuttle now; I would not be surprised if in the future, a Rockaways shuttle was done by Far Rockaway and Rockville Centre Depots.

well that was to cover LIRR service. Living in Rockaway since 1990, i have only seen the following depot cover (A) and (S) GOs in rockaway:

QV,CS,JAM,ENY,FP,JG and UP.

FR's lot during any given day usually has an empty lot.

One would think that since its right there, FR would cover the GOs, but with what buses?

In the furture i do agree that it would not be a shocker to see FR,RVC, JFK and SC to cover GO service, but for now i can only assume its a long way off.

Thanks for the info on MTA Bus covering a GO with LIB. Thats info that i had no knowledge of

Archived