Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Y2Julio

125th at night

Went to 125th St last night to test out to see how well my DSLR works at night, so I did some quick shots.

3734734044_5b13ac3d86_o.jpg

3733935271_0c2a4ab3d8_o.jpg

3734734380_8a0582fba2_o.jpg

3733935693_2f890ecf55_o.jpg

3733935911_6c454866f5_o.jpg

Forgot to add but the Locomotive Engineer on the M7 was very nice, the train lights were very bright but he dimmed them down for me even though I didn't ask, guess he must be a photographer/railfan and knew that the bright lights would mess with my camera.

Nice!

Did you do this on auto mode?

a bit of manual mode.

Cool photos! I mostly use manual settings, at night or in tunnels, etc. Cranking up the ISO really helps sometimes, but outside there is plenty of light and the your pics came out better because the lights on the trains weren't bright!

Cool photos! I mostly use manual settings, at night or in tunnels, etc. Cranking up the ISO really helps sometimes, but outside there is plenty of light and the your pics came out better because the lights on the trains weren't bright!

They were on the M7 but the engineer I guess saw that I was going to take a picture, so he dimmed the lights after he stopped. Didn't even ask him, did it without me asking. The others weren't that nice. They left the lights at full power.