General Order Next Weekend: The Loss of the (R)?

R62A 1991

The 4th Av BMT is G.O. heaven next weekend, apparently. I put a question mark because they didn't explicitly state that the (R) is cut like they did for the weekend after, but there is this:

(R) 36 St-bound Shuttle trains run express from 59 St-4 Av to 36 St

95 St-bound Shuttle trains run local from 36 St to 59 St-4 Av

Weekend, 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Aug 1 - 3

I'm left to assume that means no (R) to Queens because of this:

Coney Island-bound (N) trains run on the (R) from Canal to 59 St-4 Av

and this:

(E) Jamaica Center-bound trains run local from Queens Plaza to 71/Continental Avs

Weekend, 12:30 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Aug 1 - 3

It's a full-on Queens Blvd Local this weekend.

But what I find funny is that the (G) still gets NO love, as look at this:

(G) No trains between 71-Continental Avs and Court Sq

Weekend, 8:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Jul 31 - Aug 3

For Brooklyn service, take the to (R) Queens Plaza and transfer to the (E).

Take the (E) to 23 St-Ely Av where (G) service is available at the Court Sq platform.

For Queens service, transfer to the (E) at Court Sq. Take the (E) to Queens Plaza for (R) service.

They don't even bother to update the G.O. reflecting the changes. And, this would have been a prime opportunity to send the (G) back to 71st, run the (E) and (G) local, and have the (F) express (or vice-versa or something). But, they decided to have both the (E) and (F) run local. I guess that's fine, I mean Queens Bl Lcl riders get their 6th Av service on a weekend.

Anyway, my point is, look what has to happen when the (R) gets cut. A lot of services have to run local to replace it. And I think it's happening for two weekends. The (N) and (E) of course are the primary ones, but since the (N) is running the West End EXP, and the (R) via 4th Av EXP to 36th St, 53rd St & 45th St have no northbound service, which is not stated at all yet online. Actually, the West End EXP notice tells people to take the (R) from 59th St. I'm sure they'll correct it soon.

There are a lot of other G.O.s that are going to make the loss of the (R) really confusing for riders who don't read or listen to the announcements. So, just know what's going on ((D)s in two sections, (Q)s local, Brooklyn-bound via Whitehall, (4)s local too, no (5), ©s express downtown, no Franklin Av (S), no (A)s to Lefferts, but the 7th Av lines are perfect), and correct my info if it isn't correct. Just a heads up. Watch out. And let's see how the system holds without the dirtiest line in it.

The 4th Av BMT is G.O. heaven next weekend, apparently. I put a question mark because they didn't explicitly state that the (R) is cut like they did for the weekend after, but there is this:

and this:

(E) Jamaica Center-bound trains run local from Queens Plaza to 71/Continental Avs

Take the (E) to 23 St-Ely Av where (G) service is available at the Court Sq platform.

For Queens service, transfer to the (E) at Court Sq. Take the (E) to Queens Plaza for (R) service.

They don't even bother to update the G.O. reflecting the changes. And, this would have been a prime opportunity to send the (G) back to 71st, run the (E) and (G) local, and have the (F) express (or vice-versa or something). But, they decided to have both the (E) and (F) run local. I guess that's fine, I mean Queens Bl Lcl riders get their 6th Av service on a weekend.

Anyway, my point is, look what has to happen when the (R) gets cut. A lot of services have to run local to replace it. And I think it's happening for two weekends. The (N) and (E) of course are the primary ones, but since the (N) is running the West End EXP, and the (R) via 4th Av EXP to 36th St, 53rd St & 45th St have no northbound service, which is not stated at all yet online. Actually, the West End EXP notice tells people to take the (R) from 59th St. I'm sure they'll correct it soon.

There are a lot of other G.O.s that are going to make the loss of the (R) really confusing for riders who don't read or listen to the announcements. So, just know what's going on ((D)s in two sections, (Q)s local, downtown via Whitehall, (4)s local too, no (5), ©s express downtown, no Franklin Av (S), no (A)s to Lefferts, but the 7th Av lines are perfect), and correct my info if it isn't correct. Just a heads up. Watch out. And let's see how the system holds without the dirtiest line in it.

the (D)s in 2 section is in August during the fantrip.

The Q is going via Bridge heading into Manhattan those 2 weekends in August! Going Brooklyn Bound it's via Downtown!

Right. And it's running via the Broadway Local in both directions to help out the (N).

Does anyone here think that that refers to the late night (R)(<R>) shuttle's one-way express being reversed? I do.

Did I mistake the time?

It does say weekend. I don't know, I assumed that because everything else is running local, the (R) is gone.

and this:

There are a lot of other G.O.s that are going to make the loss of the (R) really confusing for riders who don't read or listen to the announcements. So, just know what's going on ((D)s in two sections, (Q)s local, Brooklyn-bound via Whitehall, (4)s local too, no (5), ©s express downtown, no Franklin Av (S), no (A)s to Lefferts, but the 7th Av lines are perfect), and correct my info if it isn't correct. Just a heads up. Watch out. And let's see how the system holds without the dirtiest line in it.

Translation: If you have a car, use it.

and this:

This sounds very confusing, unless they mean the (R) shuttle during the late nights.

Sometimes, those (E)/(F) trains running local business gets cancelled, the last time I came home from Jamaica ( The trip with Trevor and the TTMG crew from the TOMC to Jamaica), all (E) and (F) trains were supposed to run local the entire weekend, little did I know that it actually ran express.

The (G) never gets sent past Court Square unless its after late nights on weekdays. After that, it gets stuck there.

The only G.O that caught my interest is the (N) via the (D) going express. Now there are some interesting photo ops.

the (D)s in 2 section is in August during the fantrip.

Is that actually relevant to his question?

Majin, actually, you along with Amtrak have dragged the real issue out of that mess of G.O.s that I posted. Is the (R) really canceled and relegated to a shuttle for the weekend of Aug. 1-3? I know it is for Aug. 8-10 because it's explicitly stated on the site.

Majin, actually, you along with Amtrak have dragged the real issue out of that mess of G.O.s that I posted. Is the (R) really canceled and relegated to a shuttle for the weekend of Aug. 1-3? I know it is for Aug. 8-10 because it's explicitly stated on the site.

Ah, I only checked the 1-3 G.O.

Just thinking about this for a minute. This would probably mean that (R) trains would run to Queens Plaza and relay on that extra track they have. With (E) trains replacing the (R) within that area, along with the (F).

Perhaps there is some trackwork needed to be done on the local tracks between 36th and Queens Plaza, but then that would have (R) trains running express. Good grief this is a brainteaser.

As for the note about the 36th street bound trains, that is also another brainteaser. Which kinda makes sense having the (N) run local. Then again, im not that much of a Brooklyn railfanner type person so my knowledge is limited.

The best thing to do is just wait and see what goes on. Speculations just causes problems.

About the R train G.O. in Brooklyn on 1-3 and 8-10

It's pretty much those 2 weekends the R is shuttle only to 36 St considering how it is being said in terms of service hours. If it was late nights only it be in the lines of 12:01 AM to 5 AM Sat and Sun instead of 12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon.

This sounds very confusing, unless they mean the (R) shuttle during the late nights.

Sometimes, those (E)/(F) trains running local business gets cancelled, the last time I came home from Jamaica ( The trip with Trevor and the TTMG crew from the TOMC to Jamaica), all (E) and (F) trains were supposed to run local the entire weekend, little did I know that it actually ran express.

The (G) never gets sent past Court Square unless its after late nights on weekdays. After that, it gets stuck there.

The only G.O that caught my interest is the (N) via the (D) going express. Now there are some interesting photo ops.

Is that actually relevant to his question?

Shane, that weekend it was not scheduled to be local anyway as I remember not seeing anything about E and F being local from 71 to Roosevelt.

I am looking forward to hearing the R160 F announcements from Roosevelt to Queensbridge soon on the weekend of 8/1-8/3 and 8/8-8/10!

I also have an interest in that N via D G.O. as well since it would also have an interesting routing!

Shane, that weekend it was not scheduled to be local anyway as I remember not seeing anything about E and F being local from 71 to Roosevelt.

I am looking forward to hearing the R160 F announcements from Roosevelt to Queensbridge soon on the weekend of 8/1-8/3 and 8/8-8/10!

I also have an interest in that N via D G.O. as well since it would also have an interesting routing!

It was scheduled! Even Curtis didnt take the E/F back downtown cause he thought it was local, according to the signs we saw all over the Sutphin Blvd station.

It was scheduled! Even Curtis didnt take the E/F back downtown cause he thought it was local, according to the signs we saw all over the Sutphin Blvd station.

Looking back @ my E-Mail to that weekend, I got NOTHING for the E and the F was local only on the late nights!

The (E) and (F) have been running local every weekend for the past few weekends (except for the one that someone else pointed out earlier in the thread) because of the track work at Grand Ave. That's why they've been "cutting" (G) service. As if they need a reason to do that anymore. I will soon email the (MTA) asking why they cut (G) service every weekend and see what the response is.

The (E) and (F) have been running local every weekend for the past few weekends (except for the one that someone else pointed out earlier in the thread) because of the track work at Grand Ave. That's why they've been "cutting" (G) service. As if they need a reason to do that anymore. I will soon email the (MTA) asking why they cut (G) service every weekend and see what the response is.

Their response will be "due to construction" or something like that. Don't expect anything detailed.

Watch they will give you some s***ty excuse as to why they are cutting (G) service. Riders do need that service.

Archived