R160 A Train????

lirim

R160s are not going to the (A) (not even the (C), which shares cars with the (A)). By next year, Jamaica will get the last of the R160 order, and then the R32s will be pushed out by R46s. But bottom line, R160s are not going to the (A).

then what future cars will the (A) get???

Well the R179s will start pushing out the R44s and later the R46s. But I don't know when that will happen because it all depends on when the MTA will get any money, either from funding or if they ever get back on their feet.

There won't be a third option order.

The A and C will most likely run R44 and R46s when the SMEEs are off. Don't expect any more else.

but u said in previous post that their could be a third supplement order...

Even though we as passengers might enjoy that there are new trains on certain lines along with some older trains, it's a hassle to the crew as there are too many different types of trains to maintain in a yard. That's why so many lines originating from the yards share the same equipment.

I dont think the (A) line is run R44s for long cause dah....R179s are replacing it. Plus R179s are supposed to be running on the Queens Blvd Line so that's gonna push over R160s running on the Queens Blvd Line somewhere else (smh.....please correct me if im wrong).

but u said in previous post that their could be a third supplement order...

No I did not

I dont think the (A) line is run R44s for long cause dah....R179s are replacing it. Plus R179s are supposed to be running on the Queens Blvd Line so that's gonna push over R160s running on the Queens Blvd Line somewhere else (smh.....please correct me if im wrong).

Now that is some speculation. Now say, hypothetically, the R179s go to Jamaica. Some more R46s will get bumped to PITKIN, retiring the R44s from there. If there are enough funds for an additional option order (which is indicated in recent MTA documents), an additional option order of R179s will replace the R46s. Now that is just hypothetical, we just have to wait and see.

No. The R179s are suppose to push the remaining R46s on the F to the A in order to make the Queens Blvd express lines all NTT.

No. The R179s are suppose to push the remaining R46s on the F to the A in order to make the Queens Blvd express lines all NTT.

Makes sense in general. But it's largely speculation, there's no tangible evidence that suggests that. Fact can contradict theory. My best advice is to wait and see.

As for the 179's, why dosen't everyone just shut up already. The contract hasn't been awarded.

Amen. Rumors and speculation only lead to misinformation. Not to mention there hasn't been any real information related to the R179s that's been released yet, and it probably won't be released for a while.

No I did not

sry i read this topic like last week: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11506

And thought u said it could happen.. But anyways just wanna check, once the last set of R160A2/B2 hit, does this mean like the next day the (MTA) moves into the future revenue fleet? Ex R179..

Do I really need to say this again, THERE ARE NO POWER ISSUES on the Rockaway line. I've rode on a R160 on the Rockaway flats. I expereinced no issues whatsoever.

As for the 179's, why dosen't everyone just shut up already. The contract hasn't been awarded.

Let's get a few things clear here:

One, there were power problems with the rockaway line and NTTs. Perfect example, the R110Bs

How do I know? Engineers in New Car Engineering when I was an intern.

Two, that's the rockaway flats. Ever rode it within rockaway? I have. Everyday and every other type of railcar

That has seen revenue service down here for as long as you have been alive.

Three, I understand your frustration in threads sometimes, but the use of caps shows yelling and when its after a quote, its usually towards that person you're quoting...

Don't you ever yell at me. I never have ANY problem being corrected on a topic, but do it respectfully. Respect can be lost quicker than earned. You earned mine quick here in this forum,

Don't push it. And I still say this with respect.

Now as far as the R179s, you really can't be mad about that. Even I have read MTA produced public pdf files that not only mention R179s, but when to be expected (which is no time soon) and where they would go. Which was stated as the QBL.

And in my opinion, that sounds logical. Why? It replaces the 46s which will most likely move to 207/Pitkin and begin to retire the 44s.

But even though they may have stayed that, things can Change. The 08-13 budget only said they will purchase these cars by 2013. Nothing about being built by then.

Far Rock Depot, I have been on an R160 all the way to Mott-Avenue-Far Rockaway. I saw zero issues in regards to the power supplied on those tracks. That whole "power issues" is something someone came up with to prevent NTT's on the (A) line. TBH, (A) and (C) riders deserved the 160's more than any other line in the system.

Yes someone is trying to stop NTT's on the (A) and power issues were the best excuse they could come up with. You have any other conspiracy theories??:tdown:

Yes someone is trying to stop NTT's on the (A) and power issues were the best excuse they could come up with. You have any other conspiracy theories??:tdown:

One person posted something about that,he posted that the power along the

Rockaways is run by the LIPA and that it has bit more voltage over there.

I do remember riding an R160 train over the Rocks when they were testing

them on the A and i don't remember any problems they had.

Agreed, I want an R160 on the (A), I hate those cars but the (A) is the only line that The R160's do the best on, Every other line they suck. I hate the R160's but the (A) does deserve them.

it wasnt a conspiracy. We do have LIPA in Rockaway. and if you doubt that there were any problems with power distribution, look up the history of the R110B in Rockaway. You rode the train. I spoke with (MTA) engineers.

You went on observation. I went on (MTA) Source.

The problems may have been fixed by the time the first 160 came in. Its hard to tell. one train on those tracks may not do anything, but what about ten 160 sets drawing power?? ever thought of that? Study engineering. learn some facts. thats what i did.

You dont have all the answers young jedi.

it wasnt a conspiracy. We do have LIPA in Rockaway. and if you doubt that there were any problems with power distribution, look up the history of the R110B in Rockaway. You rode the train. I spoke with (MTA) engineers.

You went on observation. I went on (MTA) Source.

The problems may have been fixed by the time the first 160 came in. Its hard to tell. one train on those tracks may not do anything, but what about ten 160 sets drawing power?? ever thought of that? Study engineering. learn some facts. thats what i did.

You dont have all the answers young jedi.

Wow, basically one person said that R160s give power problems and I believed him. Guess it's good to gather information from a reliable source before ypu drive into speculation and people start to flame the heck outta you.

Archived