R160 A Train????

lirim

when the source comesfrom an (MTA) employee, not just a T/O, C/R, T/S/S, but an engineer, and not just any engineer, the one i talked to about this was the one back during the designing of the 142s and is responsibe for the Alsthom "ONYX" propulsion. ill believe it. and another who drew up the concept for the 142s and 143s. I made a lot of use from my internship there. I dont just throw up random things. I bring facts. If its rumor, or my opinion, i state that. and if im proven wrong, i humblely admit it. one 160 may not continue the problems in the Rock, but who knows what can happen with a couple of them. remember, that line was originally LIRR. From Liberty JCT to the Hammels Wye was completly rebuilt by NYCT. The rest was converted for subway service with minimal reconstruction from old LIRR specs. Now as far as if it can handle NTTs now, That has yet to be shown to the public. We shall see in a few years.

it was removed from the (A) because they(from what i was told) needed parts and scrapped 3 cars. it was then in service on the (C).

There were many bugs with the train. It was a prototype NTT. systems intergration was improved with the procurment of the 142s and 143s and eventually the 160s

Each car of the 110B estimated at around $3M per car.

Show me actual documents. Otherwise, I'm not convinced.

where are yours???

documents of the power distribution are not made to the public and require employees to have a supervisor sign for the documents to leave the building.

ask any TA employee who works in the office buildings and they will tell you that.

You can blow all the hot air and claim you know better all you want.

Im not arguing with someone who cant even go to a bar and drink yet.

Archived