LIRR exam, when and where?

mark2kay

i noticed theres no sticky for lirr or metronorth. i goggled and i came up surpsingly short. when and where do i apply or take exam for lirr or metro north, there no lirr employment site or anything.

thanks

mta.info and look at the links on the side of the page...you'll see lirr and metro morth....mouse over one and the dropdown menu will appear and you can click on the employment link

LIRR and MNRR engineers/conductors are not civil service workers. These jobs must be applied for by sending your resumes to LIRR. During the current recession, the commuter railroads are not hiring. During hiring times, if you are lucky enough and are called based on your resume, you'll report for an interview and take a test. This test is only to determine the order of people to enter schoolcar if there are more applicants than open postions.

You'll have to memorize 20 definitions verbatim in 2 weeks, and then you have another 2 weeks to memorize the LIRR system. You are tested on it by having to draw a map of the LIRR with all sidings, switches, block limits, signals, stations etc. from memory.

LIRR and MNRR engineers/conductors are not civil service workers. These jobs must be applied for by sending your resumes to LIRR. During the current recession, the commuter railroads are not hiring. During hiring times, if you are lucky enough and are called based on your resume, you'll report for an interview and take a test. This test is only to determine the order of people to enter schoolcar if there are more applicants than open postions.

You'll have to memorize 20 definitions verbatim in 2 weeks, and then you have another 2 weeks to memorize the LIRR system. You are tested on it by having to draw a map of the LIRR with all sidings, switches, block limits, signals, stations etc. from memory.

Correct.

what is the test at interview on? general iq stuff?

Archived