Bus driver leave the bus to go to the store

BJC

It happen yesterday on the B 41....while he was at the bus stop he decided to run into the store while the bus was SRO...anybody could've high jack the bus while the bus was sitting there.He was in the store for about two whole minute.

Lemme guess... this happened @ the junction (Flatbush/Nostrand) on a downtown bound B41?

If so, that wouldn't be the first time I've seen, and heard of b/o's on the B41 doing that...

I've been on two B41's (separate occasions) where the b/o at the time went off into that small newsstand next to that foot locker... one went to get a lotto ticket, and one went to get a soda....

LMAO! thats funny. I don't think anyone would have been able to steal the bus unless they knew how to release the parking brake.

Yeah isnt the parking break the yellow handle on the side/back of b/o seat?

BTW is this a Employee misconduct tho?

As a rule, bus operators should not get out of the seat to go into a store with passengers on board. Even after shutting the bus off, he runs the risk of being seen by a dispatcher, Superintendant or other transit supervisor. We have a short "recovery" time at the end of the run which allows the operator to get up, stretch his/her legs and get off the bus. I have secured the bus at the end of the line and gone to a store for a newspaper, bathroom break or coffee break. I would NEVER EVER leave the bus with customers on board. It is just not smart. It causes complaints or problems with service delays.(MTA)

Rob is correct, but there is an exception. If you truly do need to use the restroom, you call command and let them know where you are and that you need a comfort. All they will say is inform your customers, and give transfers to those who would rather take the next bus, then call when you are ready to resume service. I had done it one time. Just log off the farefox, open doors, engage interlock, and parking brake, shut bus off, and take care of business........

To go out for soda, newspapers, or a lotto ticket, well if you are seen by a supervisor doing that, you better hope you hit the lotto to pay your bills, as MTA checks might be hard to get the next pay period, and thereafter..........

Big deal B/o went to get something real quik your lucky they don't take their personals just as long as he/she shuts her down it's nothing to call Capial hill for hey guys be nice and buy your bus op a soda or paper or something .(K)<R>

No, as I think Bus operators are fat, smelly, old and rude. Soda will just make them fatter, and newspapers will keep them sitting which just add fat insult to fat injury (fat knee and fat hip injury at that)....:(:P:P............

anyone who is insulted by the amount of fat used above, well I was fat for 19 years of my life (now I'm slim), so I can insult, since I was one of them, one of them, one of them.........

No, as I think Bus operators are fat, smelly, old and rude. Soda will just make them fatter, and newspapers will keep them sitting which just add fat insult to fat injury (fat knee and fat hip injury at that)....:(:P:p............

anyone who is insulted by the amount of fat used above, well I was fat for 19 years of my life (now I'm slim), so I can insult, since I was one of them, one of them, one of them.........

One of the regulars on the route i ride everyday is a nice, thin, pretty young and smexy lady :eek: :cool: the complete opposite of what you described

Lemme guess... this happened @ the junction (Flatbush/Nostrand) on a downtown bound B41?

If so, that wouldn't be the first time I've seen, and heard of b/o's on the B41 doing that...

I've been on two B41's (separate occasions) where the b/o at the time went off into that small newsstand next to that foot locker... one went to get a lotto ticket, and one went to get a soda....

It didn't happen at the Junction.

Rob is correct, but there is an exception. If you truly do need to use the restroom, you call command and let them know where you are and that you need a comfort. All they will say is inform your customers, and give transfers to those who would rather take the next bus, then call when you are ready to resume service. I had done it one time. Just log off the farefox, open doors, engage interlock, and parking brake, shut bus off, and take care of business........

To go out for soda, newspapers, or a lotto ticket, well if you are seen by a supervisor doing that, you better hope you hit the lotto to pay your bills, as MTA checks might be hard to get the next pay period, and thereafter..........

Hey its happened to me dozens of times when i lived in the 5 boros that a bus driver 'supposely' had to go to bathroom. This is not just a NY (MTA) issue.B)

Even in San Diego last Christmas/New Years Holidays(2008)i had a driver on the MTS(their version of the MTA)bus stop and we were at a stop for nearly 10 minutes. Meanwhile another bus passed up by.:mad:

When he returned the San Diego MTS driver 'apologized' but as "DOB2RTO"even the SD B/O could have at least call in dispatcher to take the bus 'out of service.'

Things happen and i rather the driver take the bus tempoary 'oos' or go on another bus then the driver 'piee' on him/herself in public.;)

As a rule, bus operators should not get out of the seat to go into a store with passengers on board. Even after shutting the bus off, he runs the risk of being seen by a dispatcher, Superintendant or other transit supervisor. We have a short "recovery" time at the end of the run which allows the operator to get up, stretch his/her legs and get off the bus. I have secured the bus at the end of the line and gone to a store for a newspaper, bathroom break or coffee break. I would NEVER EVER leave the bus with customers on board. It is just not smart. It causes complaints or problems with service delays.(MTA)

I to this point have never stopped the bus to go to the store......one time I almost had to stop to use the rest room......but I was able to wait to the end......but come on people....we are not robots!!! BO's are people 2.......and yes bring your BO a drink or a newspaper......love your BO......:tup:B)

Unless he called his command and it was an emergency, this driver put his passengers lives in direct danger and should be terminated from his position. You're human but if it's not an emergency than you shouldn't leave your bus!

O boy someone read my mind I'm holding back on this one :mad:

No, as I think Bus operators are fat, smelly, old and rude. Soda will just make them fatter, and newspapers will keep them sitting which just add fat insult to fat injury (fat knee and fat hip injury at that)....B):P:P............

O.k jared from subway this I didn't catch till now and maybe you have something to say about this INSULT to B/O cuz I'll tell you this I go to the gym and I will crush the very thought that you could insult us B/O I gotta say that I respect T/O all of them cuz I would guess it's A hard job as well but you better relax this thought of fat/smelly B/o you are crossing the line on this one so step and Apologize to all the B/O right now .If you wanna talk

smack then you watch what you say you ain't no damn B/O damn you inderstand me playa stay in your lane cuz my respect rating just went :tdown: you PM me if you wanna talk son :mad:(K)<R>

Archived