The N and the R160

NJTransitFan

My theory is that the Coney Island lines wil get it because almost all of them run 75-footers and if the R160s run on the N/D/Q, the bridge will be less stressed from the lighter cars.

And also, I think 8878-8882 is testing on the A...I know how everyone says that lines that the new cars test on won't get them, but I really hope the A line gets the R160. I think the A deserves them. After that, I think they should go to the E, but that's enough dreaming already.

Well, the (N) needed a face lift in terms of equipment. The MTA wanted to push older equipment off the line (R32s and R40s). And as for reason for picking the (N) to debut the R160s, I think it was in terms of the areas it served. But politics might be involved in with this.

I see that happening on Rider Diaries too, but the main argument there is that the MTA isn't willing to move R68s off that line and then again onto the B. I don't get this.

First, would Concourse Yard be upgraded for the R160s, or is it just a storage yard?

And why wouldn't they just change the rollsign on the R68s from D to B? And whatever trains they have left over can be used to add service on the B/D. I have a feeling that I'm missing something here, though...

I see that happening on Rider Diaries too, but the main argument there is that the MTA isn't willing to move R68s off that line and then again onto the B. I don't get this.

First, would Concourse Yard be upgraded for the R160s, or is it just a storage yard?

And why wouldn't they just change the rollsign on the R68s from D to B? And whatever trains they have left over can be used to add service on the B/D. I have a feeling that I'm missing something here, though...

Concourse only wants to handle R68s and only R68s. Maybe they'll change their mind soon. But the (D) doesn't need R160s whatsoever. It would be cool to see an R160 (D) once in a while though.

My theory is that the Coney Island lines wil get it because almost all of them run 75-footers and if the R160s run on the N/D/Q, the bridge will be less stressed from the lighter cars.

And also, I think 8878-8882 is testing on the A...I know how everyone says that lines that the new cars test on won't get them, but I really hope the A line gets the R160. I think the A deserves them. After that, I think they should go to the E, but that's enough dreaming already.

The R160's will Never see the A Line that 5 car unit you seen was just for voltage perhaps.

The Echo wont see them either beacuse those R32's they run arent ready for the scrap heap yet.

Look for the R38's to start getting junked soon, along with the worst of the Slant 40's and the CI rebuild R42's..

Archived